eleven bravo
+1,399|5266|foggy bottom
there goes probably cause for every single hispanic household in arizona.  we dont need no stinking warrants
Tu Stultus Es
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6703|NJ

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Because a good portion if not the majority of illegals are Mexicans?
That's racist and profiling
Nice try. There's a difference between me making a generalization in an argument and law enforcement targeting individuals based on their race.

What they should do, fass, is heavily fine and punish companies that are hiring illegal immigrants. But politicians are too weak-willed to do that because a lot of small businesses would have to start actually paying payroll taxes. Can't lose votes, even if it's for the greater good of the country!
That's a horrible idea, because a lot of small businesses would go out of business. The payroll tax isn't fair to the same business and I've said numerous times if we did away with it and came up with an other system it would at least make Illegals a contributing member to society.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5709|College Park, MD

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

cpt.fass1 wrote:

That's racist and profiling
Nice try. There's a difference between me making a generalization in an argument and law enforcement targeting individuals based on their race.

What they should do, fass, is heavily fine and punish companies that are hiring illegal immigrants. But politicians are too weak-willed to do that because a lot of small businesses would have to start actually paying payroll taxes. Can't lose votes, even if it's for the greater good of the country!
That's a horrible idea, because a lot of small businesses would go out of business. The payroll tax isn't fair to the same business and I've said numerous times if we did away with it and came up with an other system it would at least make Illegals a contributing member to society.
Well then you probably shouldn't form your business model around breaking the law. I know plenty of small businesses that get by without paying people under the table.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
cpt.fass1
+329|6703|NJ

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Well then you probably shouldn't form your business model around breaking the law. I know plenty of small businesses that get by without paying people under the table.
I don't think anyone does, but projected and real are two totally different things. It's a sad state of affairs that someone needs to cheat the tax system just to stay a float. I'd say large fines to McDonalds and other chains, but not to the small business.
Diesel_dyk
Object in mirror will feel larger than it appears
+178|6001|Truthistan

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Diesel_dyk wrote:

The good citizens of Arizona should protest and here is what I would do if I were a US citizen with brown skin living in AZ.

I would sew a red white and blue triangle to my clothes to protest this law.  That would pretty much bring this law into a proper light just like Nazi's made people wear triangles during the height of their racist oppression.

When US Citizens start getting harrassed I would expect to see lawsuits on this one. Of course I would also expect to see more arrests of US citizens to turn these illegal stops into righteous arrests.... just wait and see.

That being said, I don't think that border communities should shoulder the financial burden of illegal immigration. If there is this tacit notion that illegal immigrants help the economy by supplying cheap labor, then the federal govt needs to foot the bill. That was one aspect of the Obamacare bill that was really good, it takes indigent care, ie illegals healthcare, and shifts the funding from the counties to the state... that was a step in the right direction, but its the feds that need to foot the bills and may be if the cost of illegal immigration were borne by the feds then they might look at fixing the problems.
They're only cheap because the people hireing them don't have to match the taxes. They don't work for 2-3 dollars an hour, that's a myth. Instead of passing a law like this, they should do something about the income tax and make up for it other ways.
agree.... its the taxpayers who are subsidizing the cheap labor with health and education expenses, and citizens are subsidizing these employers because wages are held artificially low.  The whole illegal immirgation problem starts with the avilability of the jobs, the problem starts with employers and when we get proper enforcement, the probelms will end with enforcement actions against employers.

I've posted before about how the feds will play financial games with the counties.... the border patrol will chase a truck full of illegals... the crash and people get hurt, the border patrol takes them to the county hospital, but doesn't arrest them... that's the key, they don't arrest them because if they did then the federal govt has to pay for the medical bill, the feds dump the illegals at the hospital and then the county tax payer has to pay for the medical care. Then when the illegal gets released then they pick him up and arrest him. IMO its a fraud on the county taxpayer. Why should these counties pick up the tab for illegal immigration. Its a national issue, the fed should be paying.
cpt.fass1
+329|6703|NJ
We should just drop them off back in Mexico.. Sorry not our problem, and it's really becoming a problem.

Now stating that a large portion of Illegals are Mexican, the major companies are starting to cater to them. They also advertise to them, I say the break down of enforcement should be at the major companies. I don't want to see Legal Small business get fined out of business because they still keep more money in the community then the chains.
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6721|Purplicious Wisconsin
Exactly how hard is it to show identification hurricane? if your friend is a legal citizen then he shouldn't have worries and neither should. Oh well a cop just wanted to check if he was legal he is just making sure, no big deal.

cpt.fass1 wrote:

We should just drop them off back in Mexico.. Sorry
not our problem, and it's really becoming a problem.
This
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Diesel_dyk
Object in mirror will feel larger than it appears
+178|6001|Truthistan

cpt.fass1 wrote:

We should just drop them off back in Mexico.. Sorry not our problem, and it's really becoming a problem.

Now stating that a large portion of Illegals are Mexican, the major companies are starting to cater to them. They also advertise to them, I say the break down of enforcement should be at the major companies. I don't want to see Legal Small business get fined out of business because they still keep more money in the community then the chains.
Dumping broken bodies across the border isn't a realistic option. And with over 9% unemployment, surely these companies can find a US citizen to hire. The short story is they come for the jobs, if there are no jobs, then they won't come. May be they should leavy huge punitive fines and then say if you don't hire anymore illegals for the next 5 years then you don't have to pay it... kind of like probation.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls

War Man wrote:

Exactly how hard is it to show identification hurricane? if your friend is a legal citizen then he shouldn't have worries and neither should. Oh well a cop just wanted to check if he was legal he is just making sure, no big deal.

cpt.fass1 wrote:

This
I'm fairly certain that your US passport is the only thing that identifies you as a US citizen. Your driver's license doesn't mark it, your SS card doesn't mark it.

And it's the principle of the matter. Do you agree with the PATRIOT Act? A national ID card?
War Man
Be nice if the fucking illegals went back to their country and protest to their government instead of ours. They need to straighten their own country out and not give us problems.
cpt.fass1
+329|6703|NJ

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

War Man wrote:

cpt.fass1 wrote:

This
I'm fairly certain that your US passport is the only thing that identifies you as a US citizen. Your driver's license doesn't mark it, your SS card doesn't mark it.

And it's the principle of the matter. Do you agree with the PATRIOT Act? A national ID card?
I don't agree with War Man on this.
On the just dropping them off over there, it's because they're illegals, it would actually set a precident.

But random checks is a really scary thing, because it's opening a door that I don't want opened.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls

War Man wrote:

Be nice if the fucking illegals went back to their country and protest to their government instead of ours. They need to straighten their own country out and not give us problems.
I still don't see your outrage against the people who actually hire illegals.

@Cpt Fass it seems like a pretty clear violation of the Fourth Amendment. How does one "look illegal"?
eleven bravo
+1,399|5266|foggy bottom
cant wait till white people are the minority
Tu Stultus Es
War Man

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

War Man wrote:

cpt.fass1 wrote:

This

You referring to that card that has your DNA and such in it?
cpt.fass1
+329|6703|NJ

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

War Man wrote:

@Cpt Fass it seems like a pretty clear violation of the Fourth Amendment. How does one "look illegal"?
But random checks is a really scary thing, because it's opening a door that I don't want opened.
My outrage about it, is it doesn't give the US Citizen a fair chance at an employment opportunity, it makes the illegal more desirable to hire and not because of experience or ability.

and I think white people are the minority already?

P.S. Right now I"m being called the Americano in my office by two Cuba US Citizen.

Last edited by cpt.fass1 (2010-04-23 15:10:03)

eleven bravo
+1,399|5266|foggy bottom
not even close dude
Tu Stultus Es
War Man

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

War Man wrote:

I am pissed about that too I want a stop to illegals being hired and I want illegals to get the hell outta my country.
13/f/taiwan
+940|5706

eleven bravo wrote:

lol'd.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
@War Man there have been far too many proposed iterations of the national ID card for me to remember, but yeah it probably would have your fingerprints or DNA or something on it.

@Fass I agree.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5266|foggy bottom

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

@War Man there have been far too many proposed iterations of the national ID card for me to remember, but yeah it probably would have your fingerprints or DNA or something on it.

@Fass I agree.
pretty sure anything you touch would have finger prints on it
Tu Stultus Es
cpt.fass1
+329|6703|NJ

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

@Fass I agree.
And I am not breaking this down to race. I'm breaking this down to Nationality..

Also I took this from an other website I really don't know how accurate it is.
But if someone took the time to post it on the web it must be true.

So it looks like based on the continent population given by softwarenerd, the (very approximate and extremely rough) percentages would be the following. I assumed Europe + North America = White, Africa = Black, South America = Hispanic, and Asia = Asian.

44% Asian
17% Indian (sorry guys, I have no idea how to classify you)
16% White
14% Black
8% Hispanic

I understand I'm using the term race, in a non-scientific way. I just mean the common-day usage.

softwarenerd - so which is the proper check in the racial forms you fill out? I'm guessing Caucasian?
Marlo Stanfield
online poker tax cheating
+122|5170

eleven bravo wrote:

That's probably when the real hard racism will begin. You know when the well developed white group becomes a minority among a large undeveloped majority. Unless the current minority communities begin to show some improvement right now, I doubt it'll be very fun years.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5266|foggy bottom
well I wouldnt think white people would be a majority in china.  thanks for double checking
Tu Stultus Es
cpt.fass1
+329|6703|NJ

Marlo Stanfield wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

That's probably when the real hard racism will begin. You know when the well developed white group becomes a minority among a large undeveloped majority. Unless the current minority communities begin to show some improvement right now, I doubt it'll be very fun years.
Why does it have to be about race?

Why can't it be about citizenship. If we were to go to war against Mexico do you think the illegals would be on our fighting side?

I think that's the world population, so it's the same.. Besides Spanish people are white, durrr...

Last edited by cpt.fass1 (2010-04-23 15:17:57)

Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls

eleven bravo wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

@Fass I agree.
pretty sure anything you touch would have finger prints on it
No kidding, but not everyone has their fingerprints on file with police departments or the FBI. I believe a national ID with one's fingerprints on it would also require your fingerprints to be put in the FBI database.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard