Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5699|College Park, MD
http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/04/23/ … tml?hpt=T1

The bill requires immigrants  to carry their alien registration documents at all times and requires police to question people if there's reason to suspect they're in the United States illegally. It also targets those who hire illegal immigrant day laborers or knowingly transport them.

Previously, officers could check someone's immigration status if the person is suspected in another crime.
A lot of people are arguing that this is going to lead to nothing more than racial profiling... I agree. They say there won't be racial profiling but let's be real. A cop looking at a European-looking guy in a polo and shorts probably won't ask him for his green card, but a Mexican in raggedy work clothes will be asked.

I'm actually surprised that it requires you to carry your documents at all times... I thought that was already the law... at least, it is with green cards. I've had to keep mine on my person since I turned 18.

I support immigration reform, but not like this.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6711|Purplicious Wisconsin
Oh well, their fault. I seriously don't give a shit about racism, oh gee racial profiling like I fucking care. Sorry but it's not our fault your kind  cross borders illegally

Last edited by War Man (2010-04-23 14:09:06)

The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
13/f/taiwan
+940|5696
All it is going to do is just force illegals to move to California, New Mexico, Utah, Nevada, Florida, New York etc. And when Arizona loses most of its labor force then the state files for bankruptcy the bill will be removed.

Last edited by 13/f/taiwan (2010-04-23 14:13:37)

cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6693|NJ
On one side it tightens up our borders, Remember that Arizona is right there and faces a ton of crime due to the border. ON the other hand, it now takes away US citizens rights very interesting.
War Man

13/f/taiwan wrote:

All it is going to do is just force illegals to move to  California, New Mexico, Utah, Nevada, Florida, New York etc. And when Arizona loses most of its labor force then files for bankruptcy the state will remove the bill.
Who says most of their labor force will file for bankruptcy?

cpt.fass1 wrote:

On one side it tightens up our borders, Remember that Arizona is right there and faces a ton of crime due to the border. ON the other hand, it now takes away US citizens rights very interesting.
You referring to those who got their citizenship despite coming here illegally because of our stupid politicians?

Last edited by War Man (2010-04-23 14:11:45)

cpt.fass1
+329|6693|NJ

13/f/taiwan wrote:

All it is going to do is just force illegals to move to  California, New Mexico, Utah, Nevada, Florida, New York etc. And when Arizona loses most of its labor force then files for bankruptcy the state will remove the bill.
But at least it will file for bankruptcy after, California, New Mexico, Utah, Nevada, Florida, New York etc..

So at least they'll have that for themselves.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls

cpt.fass1 wrote:

The thing is, they already had the authority to check your immigration status if you were a suspect in a crime. Now the bill seems to let any old police officer walk up to you and demand your papers.
War Man

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

cpt.fass1 wrote:

The thing is, they already had the authority to check your immigration status if you were a suspect in a crime. Now the bill seems to let any old police officer walk up to you and demand your papers.
Ah well, tough life.
13/f/taiwan
+940|5696

War Man wrote:

13/f/taiwan wrote:

cpt.fass1 wrote:

You referring to those who got their citizenship despite coming here illegally because of our stupid politicians?
I'll try and make my post more clearer. I said Arizona will file for bankruptcy.
War Man

13/f/taiwan wrote:

War Man wrote:

13/f/taiwan wrote:

cpt.fass1 wrote:

I'll try and make my post more clearer. I said Arizona will file for bankruptcy.
Doubtful. They may actually do just fine. Many unemployed people seeking jobs may decide to move to Arizona in fact.

Last edited by War Man (2010-04-23 14:14:04)

Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls

War Man wrote:

Are you saying this man doesn't deserve his citizenship and all the things he's done? Even though he's a way more productive and important member of society than this 'natural-born' citizen?

War Man, maybe you should direct your anger toward politicians who allow businesses to hire illegal immigrants. It ain't the Chicano's fault that businesses are allowed to pay people off-the-books knowing that their chances of being punished for it are next to none.

Last edited by Hurricane2k9 (2010-04-23 14:15:21)

cpt.fass1
+329|6693|NJ

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

cpt.fass1 wrote:

That's why I said both, if you're here legally it seems unfair. But usually it's not going to be the legal people causing the crime. It's going to be those who are illegal running drugs, people and causing problems. So I don't know my real feelings about this. But you can't call racism on it, cause it passed for a reason.
War Man

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

War Man wrote:

Are you saying this man doesn't deserve his citizenship and all the things he's done? Even though he's a way more productive and important member of society than this 'natural-born' citizen?
He came here illegally, he must pay the price.
13/f/taiwan
+940|5696

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

cpt.fass1 wrote:

If you are the victim of the crime and illegal in states like New York, Florida and the border states it is illegal for police to ask you about your status in this country.
cpt.fass1
+329|6693|NJ

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

War Man wrote:

War Man, maybe you should direct your anger toward politicians who allow businesses to hire illegal immigrants. It ain't the Chicano's fault that businesses are allowed to pay people off-the-books knowing that their chances of being punished for it are next to none.
I bet he came here and used everything that we have to get him were he is. Both of them are leetches..

Why does it have to be chicano's who are the illegals?
cpt.fass1
+329|6693|NJ

13/f/taiwan wrote:

War Man wrote:

13/f/taiwan wrote:

cpt.fass1 wrote:

and I said

But at least it will file for bankruptcy after, California, New Mexico, Utah, Nevada, Florida, New York etc..

So at least they'll have that for themselves.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Because a good portion if not the majority of illegals are Mexicans?
Chou
+737|6788
where are the good old days where anyone crossing the border would have had his head on a stick as a welcome sign.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls

War Man wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

War Man wrote:

He came here illegally, he must pay the price.
He got his citizenship though. Trust me, INS (well, USCIS now) is slow and inefficient but not stupid. I wouldn't be surprised if Reagan's immigration bill was what allowed him to have a path to citizenship.

edit: Anyway, I'm not arguing that these people aren't breaking the law or anything. What I am arguing is that not only will it fuel racial profiling, but it also infringes on the rights of legal aliens and US citizens. I've got a good friend who "looks Mexican." I on the other and look pretty white. Yet he's a US citizen, I'm only a permanent resident. He'd be more likely to be stopped on the street and asked to produce something that confirms his citizenship. Do you guys support a national identification card?

Last edited by Hurricane2k9 (2010-04-23 14:26:41)

cpt.fass1
+329|6693|NJ
Well when our children have the same opportunities as all the Illegals coming here I'll say it's messed up. Right now it isn't so, our higher education isn't free for US Citizens so why do we cater to other countries?
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Well when our children have the same opportunities as all the Illegals coming here I'll say it's messed up. Right now it isn't so, our higher education isn't free for US Citizens so why do we cater to other countries?
What are you talking about? There are plenty of US citizens who get free rides to college.
Diesel_dyk
Object in mirror will feel larger than it appears
+178|5992|Truthistan
The good citizens of Arizona should protest and here is what I would do if I were a US citizen with brown skin living in AZ.

I would sew a red white and blue triangle to my clothes to protest this law.  That would pretty much bring this law into a proper light just like Nazi's made people wear triangles during the height of their racist oppression.

When US Citizens start getting harrassed I would expect to see lawsuits on this one. Of course I would also expect to see more arrests of US citizens to turn these illegal stops into righteous arrests.... just wait and see.

That being said, I don't think that border communities should shoulder the financial burden of illegal immigration. If there is this tacit notion that illegal immigrants help the economy by supplying cheap labor, then the federal govt needs to foot the bill. That was one aspect of the Obamacare bill that was really good, it takes indigent care, ie illegals healthcare, and shifts the funding from the counties to the state... that was a step in the right direction, but its the feds that need to foot the bills and may be if the cost of illegal immigration were borne by the feds then they might look at fixing the problems.
cpt.fass1
+329|6693|NJ

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

cpt.fass1 wrote:

That's racist and profiling
cpt.fass1
+329|6693|NJ

Diesel_dyk wrote:

The good citizens of Arizona should protest and here is what I would do if I were a US citizen with brown skin living in AZ.

I would sew a red white and blue triangle to my clothes to protest this law.  That would pretty much bring this law into a proper light just like Nazi's made people wear triangles during the height of their racist oppression.

When US Citizens start getting harrassed I would expect to see lawsuits on this one. Of course I would also expect to see more arrests of US citizens to turn these illegal stops into righteous arrests.... just wait and see.

That being said, I don't think that border communities should shoulder the financial burden of illegal immigration. If there is this tacit notion that illegal immigrants help the economy by supplying cheap labor, then the federal govt needs to foot the bill. That was one aspect of the Obamacare bill that was really good, it takes indigent care, ie illegals healthcare, and shifts the funding from the counties to the state... that was a step in the right direction, but its the feds that need to foot the bills and may be if the cost of illegal immigration were borne by the feds then they might look at fixing the problems.
They're only cheap because the people hireing them don't have to match the taxes. They don't work for 2-3 dollars an hour, that's a myth. Instead of passing a law like this, they should do something about the income tax and make up for it other ways.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

cpt.fass1 wrote:

That's racist and profiling
Nice try. There's a difference between me making a generalization in an argument and law enforcement targeting individuals based on their race.

What they should do, fass, is heavily fine and punish companies that are hiring illegal immigrants. But politicians are too weak-willed to do that because a lot of small businesses would have to start actually paying payroll taxes. Can't lose votes, even if it's for the greater good of the country!

Last edited by Hurricane2k9 (2010-04-23 14:32:55)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard