Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5180|Sydney

lowing wrote:

RTHKI wrote:

lowing wrote:

These threats were carried out by a so called "US Muslim group"
If a US group killed either of those guys I'm sure it wouldn't take long for some other radicals to start killing the group, or at least attempting to. Muslim or not they'd be killed by someone for killing one of the creators.
What happens after the fact is kinda not what this thread is about. It is about the frame of mind that exists within the Islamic community. Or is this where we continue with the bullshit that this is just isolated?
Because quite obviously you're such an expert.

/sarcasm

This "frame of mind" exists in EVERY community. I think you made this thread simply because you don't like Muslims.
Benzin
+576|6000

lowing wrote:

Sorry I live in the here and now, not 1000 years ago, what happened back then I couldn't care less as it has nothing to do with current events.
You honestly think history has nothing to do with current events? I'm going to just leave that question and walk away. Have fun trashing lowing, gentlemen.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6676|Canberra, AUS
tbh if we had just left the islamic caliphate alone then our level of societal and scientific development would probably be centuries ahead. i'm not joking - their 11th century healthcare was equivalent to 19th century healthcare. for god's sake, given the level and speed of advances they were making scientifically, especially in mathematics, we probably would have had full differential/integral calculus in the 1500s and not in the 1800s. in fact calculus had basically been invented by arabic scholars about year 1000 (or at least someone had figured out how to integrate). and their version of the scientific method is basically the same as ours. in fact the first "true scientist" is probably an arabic scholar (Alhazen), about 400-500 years before the first inklings of science had appeared in europe. for fuck's sake they had a commonly accepted and taught theory of evolution by the 12th century!

seriously i don't think too many people know this. islamic society about the turn of millenium plus or minus 200 years was becoming something very, very special indeed.

Last edited by Spark (2010-04-23 01:29:23)

The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Benzin
+576|6000

Spark wrote:

tbh if we had just left the islamic caliphate alone then our level of societal and scientific development would probably be centuries ahead. i'm not joking - their 11th century healthcare was equivalent to 19th century healthcare. for god's sake, given the level and speed of advances they were making scientifically, especially in mathematics, we probably would have had full differential/integral calculus in the 1500s and not in the 1800s. in fact calculus had basically been invented by arabic scholars about year 1000 (or at least someone had figured out how to integrate). and their version of the scientific method is basically the same as ours. in fact the first "true scientist" is probably an arabic scholar (Alhazen), about 400-500 years before the first inklings of science had appeared in europe. for fuck's sake they had a commonly accepted and taught theory of evolution by the 12th century!

seriously i don't think too many people know this. islamic society about the turn of millenium plus or minus 200 years was becoming something very, very special indeed.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6622|London, England
It was the Mongols that destroyed the so called Islamic golden age, not Europeans or anyone else, Europe was the third world back during those times. The whole idea of the Islamic golden age, to me, is complete BS. Islam didn't have much to do with the golden age, it was only because they managed to conquer such high level places that were already massive before Islam took over.

It's like Somalia taking over the USA and taking credit for everything the US does, despite the fact that the USA was already doing so much shit anyway. That's how I see it.
Spark
+874|6676|Canberra, AUS

Mekstizzle wrote:

It was the Mongols that destroyed the so called Islamic golden age, not Europeans or anyone else, Europe was the third world back during those times. The whole idea of the Islamic golden age, to me, is complete BS. Islam didn't have much to do with the golden age, it was only because they managed to conquer such high level places that were already massive before Islam took over.
incorrect. many of the major scientific publications were quite obviously koranic and highly religious in influence.

in any case... europe may not have been socially developed, but militarily they were immense.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Mekstizzle
WALKER
Apart from the Crusades which were just around small area, I don't recall Europe taking over and destroying most of the Muslim places. I still think if anything it was the Mongols which killed it for them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sack_of_Baghdad
Spark
+874|6676|Canberra, AUS

Mekstizzle wrote:

Apart from the Crusades which were just around small area, I don't recall Europe taking over and destroying most of the Muslim places. I still think if anything it was the Mongols which killed it for them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sack_of_Baghdad
the crusades certainly tied them up for a long, long time and stopped them moving forward. but the mongols were the ones who finished them off so to speak. that particular event certainly could have set us back a long, long time.

Last edited by Spark (2010-04-23 02:38:29)

~ Richard Feynman
ruisleipa
+149|6223|teh FIN-land

lowing wrote:

It is about the frame of mind that exists within the Islamic community. Or is this where we continue with the bullshit that this is just isolated?
well if you don't call a group of ten blokes in New York isolated, or somehow see them as representative of the entire muslim world then it just shows your ignorance doesn't it? I guess we can't help you...seek professional advice.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
The Muslim world are getting caught up in the hype in exactly the same way lowing is. Look at how nobody cared when South Park depicted Muhammad fully and properly in an episode that was pre-9/11 (by a few months)

Now look...

It just shows how stupid everything really is from both sides
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5238|Cleveland, Ohio
south park isnt funny to me anymore.  last episode i actually liked was the WoW episode.
Spark
+874|6676|Canberra, AUS

Mekstizzle wrote:

The Muslim world are getting caught up in the hype in exactly the same way lowing is. Look at how nobody cared when South Park depicted Muhammad fully and properly in an episode that was pre-9/11 (by a few months)

Now look...

It just shows how stupid everything really is from both sides
self-fulfilling prophecies unfortunately...
~ Richard Feynman
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

CapnNismo wrote:

lowing wrote:

Sorry I live in the here and now, not 1000 years ago, what happened back then I couldn't care less as it has nothing to do with current events.
You honestly think history has nothing to do with current events? I'm going to just leave that question and walk away. Have fun trashing lowing, gentlemen.
nope, what happened 1000 years ago has got dick to do with today. Today is all about Israel, oil, and US intervention in the ME or so you all claim.

None of which existed 1000 years ago. SO please do. walk away.
ruisleipa
+149|6223|teh FIN-land

lowing wrote:

nope, what happened 1000 years ago has got dick to do with today. Today is all about Israel, oil, and US intervention in the ME or so you all claim.

just goes to show how much you choose not to know...
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

Jaekus wrote:

lowing wrote:

RTHKI wrote:

If a US group killed either of those guys I'm sure it wouldn't take long for some other radicals to start killing the group, or at least attempting to. Muslim or not they'd be killed by someone for killing one of the creators.
What happens after the fact is kinda not what this thread is about. It is about the frame of mind that exists within the Islamic community. Or is this where we continue with the bullshit that this is just isolated?
Because quite obviously you're such an expert.

/sarcasm

This "frame of mind" exists in EVERY community. I think you made this thread simply because you don't like Muslims.
nope, not an expert, but I do have eyes and ears and I can fuckin read.

Nope, I made this thread to fly in the face of all the clims that Islam and the west can live in harmony. This US Muslim group is threatening to kill 2 people if they do not deny themselves their right to free speech and free press. I call that note worthy in America.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

ruisleipa wrote:

lowing wrote:

It is about the frame of mind that exists within the Islamic community. Or is this where we continue with the bullshit that this is just isolated?
well if you don't call a group of ten blokes in New York isolated, or somehow see them as representative of the entire muslim world then it just shows your ignorance doesn't it? I guess we can't help you...seek professional advice.
now this is funny, you say this as if it is ONLY 10 blokes in NY that are a problem. You say this as if nothing like this has happened before. You say this as if there is not a pattern of this bullshit with in Islamic community.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

ruisleipa wrote:

lowing wrote:

just goes to show how much you choose not to know...
Ahhhhh OIL, ISRAEL and US INTERVENTION are the reasons listed by members of this forum as to what caused all the ME bullshit. Are you backing away from that now?
ruisleipa
+149|6223|teh FIN-land

lowing wrote:

Ahhhhh OIL, ISRAEL and US INTERVENTION are the reasons listed by members of this forum as to what caused all the ME bullshit. Are you backing away from that now?
'all' the ME 'bullshit'? Oil, Israel and US intervention?

I don't know why I would 'back away' from something I've never said. Is this your paranoia coming through again?

lowing wrote:

now this is funny, you say this as if it is ONLY 10 blokes in NY that are a problem. You say this as if nothing like this has happened before. You say this as if there is not a pattern of this bullshit with in Islamic community.
Well in this brilliant thread that you created the threat to SP came from a group of abou ten members as far as I recall from what I read about this ridiculous little group of twats. So in your example, they ARE the problem. Yes, we've seen other similar incidents. So what? I'm not such a bigot or such an idiot that I assume anyone making such dumb statements would be representative of millions of people. Are you?
Mekstizzle
WALKER
There is a problem with Islam, but I'm still not gonna go as far as saying it's a major problem and muslims are incompatible with western society, that kind of thinking goes nowhere. If you think like that, you're also probably thinking along the lines of get rid of all muslims from western society (or get them to stop being muslim) which is just also messed up. There's no solution to that kind of thinking and you end up nowhere, so it's fruitless.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

ruisleipa wrote:

lowing wrote:

'all' the ME 'bullshit'? Oil, Israel and US intervention?

I don't know why I would 'back away' from something I've never said. Is this your paranoia coming through again?

lowing wrote:

Well in this brilliant thread that you created the threat to SP came from a group of abou ten members as far as I recall from what I read about this ridiculous little group of twats. So in your example, they ARE the problem. Yes, we've seen other similar incidents. So what? I'm not such a bigot or such an idiot that I assume anyone making such dumb statements would be representative of millions of people. Are you?
Nope, that is why I haven't. The problem is far greater than these 10, and far greater than the under statement of seeing "similar incidents". You are an idiot and a dumb fuck for ignoring, or accepting denial for all that has happend in this world at the hands of Islamic goons.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

Mekstizzle wrote:

There is a problem with Islam, but I'm still not gonna go as far as saying it's a major problem and muslims are incompatible with western society, that kind of thinking goes nowhere. If you think like that, you're also probably thinking along the lines of get rid of all muslims from western society (or get them to stop being muslim) which is just also messed up. There's no solution to that kind of thinking and you end up nowhere, so it's fruitless.
There is a problem with Islam, and if you can not see it is a major problem then you are denial as to what is going on in the world around regarding Islam.
ruisleipa
+149|6223|teh FIN-land

lowing wrote:

then you are denial as to what is going on in the world.
no u.

lowing wrote:

Nope, that is why I haven't. The problem is far greater than these 10, and far greater than the under statement of seeing "similar incidents". You are an idiot and a dumb fuck for ignoring, or accepting denial for all that has happend in this world at the hands of Islamic goons.
Again, nice juvenile insult. Keep em coming, please.

I don't deny it, I just don't pretend to be objective and then be a bigot. I also don't deny all the good things that have come from Islam, nor do I deny the fact that the majority of Muslims around the world are normal people who disagree with the extremists, nor that extremists are by their nature a minority in any group, and so on. Should I continue with my list or would you like to insult me in another way first?
ruisleipa
+149|6223|teh FIN-land

Jaekus wrote:

I think you made this thread simply because you don't like Muslims.
Nail head, meet hammer.

You only just realised he dislikes and fears Muslims?
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5238|Cleveland, Ohio

ruisleipa wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

I think you made this thread simply because you don't like Muslims.
Nail head, meet hammer.

You only just realised he dislikes and fears Muslims?
why do you care if he does?  how does that affect you?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

ruisleipa wrote:

lowing wrote:

then you are denial as to what is going on in the world.
no u.

lowing wrote:

Again, nice juvenile insult. Keep em coming, please.

I don't deny it, I just don't pretend to be objective and then be a bigot. I also don't deny all the good things that have come from Islam, nor do I deny the fact that the majority of Muslims around the world are normal people who disagree with the extremists, nor that extremists are by their nature a minority in any group, and so on. Should I continue with my list or would you like to insult me in another way first?
Keep going with your denial? Sure if you must, and like I said, I gave up on respectful conversation with you a long time ago, around the time I noticed you will never start.

If the KKK were as big a problem in the US or the world as Islam is, you would not be down playing its significance or sparing the US from your rash of bullshit as a whole, with claims of a nation of racists and whatever other crap you would think of. You would not be spouting off about it just being a few or not all Americans think like that. Your tune would be far different so spare me your bullshit once.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard