Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6621
im fine with it. christian kids and islamic kids getting killed... great. less of the religious morons for tomorrow.

the christian god and teachings are just as wrathful and vindictive. sikhs are a warrior-religion, too... hate them? do the tamil tigers not have a cause because their historical-teachings involve violence and warrior culture? all men of status back in that era were warriors or protectors of their flock. you're completely twisting the history and interpreting their scripture to suit your own bigoted worldview. it's a pointless endeavor arguing with you on these points so im out. go read a book.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6801|USA

Uzique wrote:

im fine with it. christian kids and islamic kids getting killed... great. less of the religious morons for tomorrow.

the christian god and teachings are just as wrathful and vindictive. Sikhs are a warrior-religion, too... hate them? do the tamil tigers not have a cause because their historical-teachings involve violence and warrior culture? all men of status back in that era were warriors or protectors of their flock. you're completely twisting the history and interpreting their scripture to suit your own bigoted worldview. it's a pointless endeavor arguing with you on these points so im out. go read a book.
Hold on a second, you condemn Christianity for their warrior like endeavours of that era yet excuse everyone else as being the times they lived in? Don't see any inconsistency there.

the second the Sikhs start blowing shit up or threaten American society as a whole they will share the headlines with islam, until then don't bother me with hypotheticals. Too many facts out there to contend with.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6621
i dont 'condemn' christianity any more than the rest. i have an unbiased understanding of religion, historically and contemporarily.

i think it's a massive universe cunt all-round, really. the bigoted views espoused by people like you are a prime symptom.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6801|USA

Uzique wrote:

i dont 'condemn' christianity any more than the rest. i have an unbiased understanding of religion, historically and contemporarily.

i think it's a massive universe cunt all-round, really. the bigoted views espoused by people like you are a prime symptom.
I hold no religion in any high regard either, I do however set Islam as a special case in todays world, pic up a paper and find out why.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6621
ha ha "pick up a paper".

says it all, really.

i was out of this thread 4 posts ago, ciao bello!
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6801|USA

Uzique wrote:

ha ha "pick up a paper".

says it all, really.

i was out of this thread 4 posts ago, ciao bello!
ok turn on the tv, surf the internet, it all says the same thing. I really do not care what media outlet you choose. There is really no escaping what is happening in its name.

Last edited by lowing (2010-04-26 15:51:44)

Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6621
according to western media, no of course not.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6801|USA

Uzique wrote:

according to western media, no of course not.
I'm sorry,  you mean western media makes up all of these terrorists attacks? Do tell
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6825|Canberra, AUS

lowing wrote:

Uzique wrote:

the christian god and teachings are just as wrathful and vindictive. Sikhs are a warrior-religion, too... hate them? do the tamil tigers not have a cause because their historical-teachings involve violence and warrior culture? all men of status back in that era were warriors or protectors of their flock. you're completely twisting the history and interpreting their scripture to suit your own bigoted worldview. it's a pointless endeavor arguing with you on these points so im out. go read a book.
Hold on a second, you condemn Christianity for their warrior like endeavours of that era yet excuse everyone else as being the times they lived in? Don't see any inconsistency there.

the second the Sikhs start blowing shit up or threaten American society as a whole they will share the headlines with islam, until then don't bother me with hypotheticals. Too many facts out there to contend with.
oh they blow stuff up, but no one cares about northern indian ethnic clashes. that area is/has been far too close to civil war for comfort for a very long time.

Last edited by Spark (2010-04-26 18:20:15)

The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6621
i think it's more to do with who manufactures interest and dictates what is front-page worthy in western media / cultural productions

which is pretty much my point when it comes to people being fed straight from the horses mouth, such as lowing.

incredibly narrowminded and incapable of looking at the bigger picture from beyond their own societal bias.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6825|Canberra, AUS

Uzique wrote:

i think it's more to do with who manufactures interest and dictates what is front-page worthy in western media / cultural productions

which is pretty much my point when it comes to people being fed straight from the horses mouth, such as lowing.

incredibly narrowminded and incapable of looking at the bigger picture from beyond their own societal bias.
not more much more to say than this tbh/
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
ruisleipa
+149|6372|teh FIN-land

Spark wrote:

Uzique wrote:

Aye, belligerent potty-mouth that he is (j/k don't ban me) Uzique has actually, finally, said something intelligent.
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6795

ruisleipa wrote:

Spark wrote:

Uzique wrote:

Aye, belligerent potty-mouth that he is (j/k don't ban me) Uzique has actually, finally, said something intelligent.
I think Iowing might have inspired him lol
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5329|Sydney
Most of the terrorist attacks, apart from the really obvious one 9 years ago, happen in the Middle East anyway.
That's what I always see when I "pick up a paper" or read stuff on the internet. I see more terrorism and anti-terrorism romanticised from Hollywood studios than anywhere else.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,738|6887|Oxferd Ohire

Jaekus wrote:

Most of the terrorist attacks, apart from the really obvious one 9 years ago, happen in the Middle East anyway.
That's what I always see when I "pick up a paper" or read stuff on the internet. I see more terrorism and anti-terrorism romanticised from Hollywood studios than anywhere else.
There were also some in Europe..
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6801|USA

Spark wrote:

lowing wrote:

Uzique wrote:

oh they blow stuff up, but no one cares about northern indian ethnic clashes. that area is/has been far too close to civil war for comfort for a very long time.
Was I supposed to? If you don't mind Islamic terror against my country and all of the continued attempts will continue to peak my interest first.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5329|Sydney
*pique
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6801|USA

Uzique wrote:

Couldn't have anything to do with the impact it has had on our country's economy, military, society, etc.... It is merely because we just need something to nit pick and are lookin for shit to big deal in the world, right?

Last edited by lowing (2010-04-27 10:37:48)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6801|USA

ruisleipa wrote:

Spark wrote:

Uzique wrote:

now it is your turn to give it a try.
ruisleipa
+149|6372|teh FIN-land

lowing wrote:

now it is your turn to give it a try.
ho ho ho your wit astounds me.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6621

lowing wrote:

Uzique wrote:

Couldn't have anything to do with the impact it has had on our country's economy, military, society, etc.... It is merely because we just need something to nit pick and are lookin for shit to big deal in the world, right?
actually loads of political election campaigns have focussed around turning the countries inward-gazing criticism outwards towards a 'common enemy'; it's like political science #101. also great stimulus for any struggling economy. im fairly certain bush and cheney strategically hyped up the terrorist thread and kept all of your population in a state of fear - a neopuritan 'us and them' mentality - that united america during a time of crisis, or rather, prior to an important presidential election. i think the media are tools of state propaganda still, even in today's supposedly 'freest' democracies...

there have been terrorist attacks, similar to oklahoma city but smaller in scale, perpetrated by white-american christian citizens against their own people... and there is little-to-no media coverage. maybe a day's spread covering the guy as some sort of mental, rogue quack. as soon as anything islamic or involving muslims comes up, it's on fox news and cnn constantly as the latest evil of the islamo-fascist world-conquering machine. i just don't buy it. it's all bullshit.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6650|so randum
True fact, bombs planted in playgrounds and parks (happens quite often over here) don't even make it to UK mainland news anymore. Actual bombs, where the army has to come blow them up.

However a muslim buying bleach gets front page coverage on the Daily Mail.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6801|USA

Uzique wrote:

lowing wrote:

Uzique wrote:

actually loads of political election campaigns have focussed around turning the countries inward-gazing criticism outwards towards a 'common enemy'; it's like political science #101. also great stimulus for any struggling economy. im fairly certain bush and cheney strategically hyped up the terrorist thread and kept all of your population in a state of fear - a neopuritan 'us and them' mentality - that united america during a time of crisis, or rather, prior to an important presidential election. i think the media are tools of state propaganda still, even in today's supposedly 'freest' democracies...

there have been terrorist attacks, similar to oklahoma city but smaller in scale, perpetrated by white-american christian citizens against their own people... and there is little-to-no media coverage. maybe a day's spread covering the guy as some sort of mental, rogue quack. as soon as anything islamic or involving muslims comes up, it's on fox news and cnn constantly as the latest evil of the islamo-fascist world-conquering machine. i just don't buy it. it's all bullshit.
Your attempt to compare Christian terrorism with that of Islamic terrorism as on the same scale or frequency is desperate to say the least, and complete bullshit steeped in denial and PC to say the most.

I do however love all of your snappy catch phrases however.

Last edited by lowing (2010-04-27 14:17:58)

Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6621
im not trying to say the frequency or scale of atrocity in THIS CURRENT DAY is as bad. islamic extremism is the flavour of the month, yes.

but the second-part of that proper noun is the most important: islamic EXTREMISM.

you can't use it as a basis to denounce an entire religion, an entire belief-system and spiritualism, and an entire creed of people. that's bigoted, narrowminded, and displays nothing but a lack of understanding and an unwillingness to open your mind to actual knowledge. that's all i have put forward throughout this entire thread: essentially, my point is that all major world religions are just as 'bad' as one another when it comes to crimes against humanity or public outrages, and to also state for the sake of fairness and open-minded understanding that you can't tar everyone with the same brush of denouncement.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6801|USA

Uzique wrote:

im not trying to say the frequency or scale of atrocity in THIS CURRENT DAY is as bad. islamic extremism is the flavour of the month, yes.

but the second-part of that proper noun is the most important: islamic EXTREMISM.

you can't use it as a basis to denounce an entire religion, an entire belief-system and spiritualism, and an entire creed of people. that's bigoted, narrowminded, and displays nothing but a lack of understanding and an unwillingness to open your mind to actual knowledge. that's all i have put forward throughout this entire thread: essentially, my point is that all major world religions are just as 'bad' as one another when it comes to crimes against humanity or public outrages, and to also state for the sake of fairness and open-minded understanding that you can't tar everyone with the same brush of denouncement.
Islam IS extreme in its beliefs take at look at Islamic nations in the ME and tell me it isn't. Lie to me and tell me how passive tolerant and modern it is.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard