eleven bravo
+1,399|5262|foggy bottom
lowing: give me an example to prove me wrong then

anybody: example given

lowing:  oh christ are you dumb, dont use that one!

Last edited by eleven bravo (2010-04-30 12:11:30)

Tu Stultus Es
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6584|SE London

lowing wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

lowing wrote:

yer gunna have to better than just say, how about telling me all about it. How many nations were attacked, how was the global economy affected how many women and children were killed in the wake of Christians murdering in the name of Jesus. Get back with me.
At least 8 countries that I can think of.
The global economy has nothing to do with a terror threat or religion. Nor does Islamic terrorism have an impact on the economy today - it's peoples reactions to it that do that.
How many women and children, murdered in the name of Jesus? Taking an educated guess ~1000. It was Catholic on Protestant violence (went both ways tbh) in the name of a united Catholic Ireland - very comparable to Sunni/Shia acts of terrorism.
Oh good god, are you back on Ireland again? Irish killing each other is hardly international terrorism. Call it a civil war if ya want, but it was not international terrorism.

No shit, you mean the terrorists really don't affect economies, it is peoples reaction to terrorism that does that? Hmm I wonder if the terrorists take that into consideration when they decide to blow shit up, ya think?

Get back with me when you come up with something a little more along the line of what is happening in the world today.

No one gave a shit what the Irish did to each other then and really no one cares what Muslims do to each other now. However, several blown up airplanes, financial centers, warships, embassies, train stations, resorts, hotels later, now they have the worlds attention.
You asked the questions - I answered them.

8 countries does not equal Ireland. It fits the definition of international very nicely.

You are just too ignorant of the facts here to have any perspective on it at all - as usual.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6654|USA

ruisleipa wrote:

lowing wrote:

No you have done nothing except insult and attack because of my opinions, I will wait for the day when you actually show they are not true.
well obviously since they are just your opinions it's impossible for me to 'prove them wrong' since that's all they are - opinions. Not facts.

lowing wrote:

You can start by showing me how, when an Islamic terrorist wears religious garb, that they do not look like Islamic followers that wear religious garb. After that, we can move on to the links to countless Muslims that are saying exactly what I have pointed out.
The argument

a) some terrorists wear islamic garb
b) some muslims also wear islamic garb
therefore
c) all muslims/terrorists are terrorists/muslims

is plainly false. If that's not what you're saying and you're only asserting the first two statements, then what's your point?

Earlier you said that someone wearing muslim dress looks like a terrorist BECAUSE they wear muslim dress which, if that is your argument, is simply narrow-minded etc etc and not worthy of serious comment tbh.

lowing wrote:

You want to say I am nothing more than bigoted, racist and prejudiced all with out reason, what do you tell those that lived in Islamic nations under Islamic law and say the same thing, it is violent and intolerant. Are they also to be dismissed as nothing more than bigoted racist , and prejudiced?
But you are, in fact you have admitted it. OK, you haven't admitted the racist bit but the bigot bit you have.

As for people living in Islamic nations etc then I suspect there are many people there who are just as close-minded toewards the West/Christianity as you are towards Islam and people living in Islamic countries.

lowing wrote:

Stop telling me what I am because of my opinions, and start explaining how my opinions are wrong, keeping in mind I have never said anything about "all Muslims" in any context except that when terrorists and muslims wear the same religious garb, they dress alike....unbelieveable you would argue against that. I guess the lack of PC is more than you could take.
we are what we are because of your opinions. what do you mean? If I thought that Hitler had the right idea and support the creation of the fourth reich, wouldn't that make me a nazi? Nothing to do with PC, I just don't think that judging people on what they wear or the religion they follow is right.
1, then explain to me how my opinions are completely unfounded.

2. a. correct
    b. correct
   c. never said shit about all muslims or all terrorists. My point is EXACTLY what I said, they may not be comfortable hiring someone that dresses just like a lot suicide bomber dress. nothing more nothing less.

3. bigoted yes but not unfounded, prejudiced yes, but not unfounded. Even Muslims agree with what I have said, or I should say I agree with what they say.  Someone that is ex- Muslim, has read the Koran. lived in Islamic society and fled, affected so much by their experiences they write books and start website to chronicle their stories. How do you account for the countelss examples of that? I mean you dismiss me because I have never read the Koran, how do you dismiss them?

4. I do judge people by what they wear, and so do you. I do not judge people by their religion, I judge them by their action. I will judge their religion however. Remember, you already acknowledged the difference.

Last edited by lowing (2010-04-30 12:29:57)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6775|PNW

lowing wrote:

I do judge people by what they wear, and so do you. I do not judge people by their religion, I judge them by their action. I will judge their religion however. Remember, you already acknowledged the difference.
Makes no sense.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6654|USA

Bertster7 wrote:

lowing wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

At least 8 countries that I can think of.
The global economy has nothing to do with a terror threat or religion. Nor does Islamic terrorism have an impact on the economy today - it's peoples reactions to it that do that.
How many women and children, murdered in the name of Jesus? Taking an educated guess ~1000. It was Catholic on Protestant violence (went both ways tbh) in the name of a united Catholic Ireland - very comparable to Sunni/Shia acts of terrorism.
Oh good god, are you back on Ireland again? Irish killing each other is hardly international terrorism. Call it a civil war if ya want, but it was not international terrorism.

No shit, you mean the terrorists really don't affect economies, it is peoples reaction to terrorism that does that? Hmm I wonder if the terrorists take that into consideration when they decide to blow shit up, ya think?

Get back with me when you come up with something a little more along the line of what is happening in the world today.

No one gave a shit what the Irish did to each other then and really no one cares what Muslims do to each other now. However, several blown up airplanes, financial centers, warships, embassies, train stations, resorts, hotels later, now they have the worlds attention.

8 countries does not equal Ireland. It fits the definition of international very nicely.

You are just too ignorant of the facts here to have any perspective on it at all - as usual.
Yer right 8 countries doesn't equal Ireland, so list the countries and the attacks within them by Catholics or Protesants.

This doesn't mention them, http://www.infoplease.com/spot/northireland1.html   I'll wait.

I
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6584|SE London

lowing wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

lowing wrote:

Yer right 8 countries doesn't equal Ireland, so list the countries and the attacks within them by Catholics or Protesants.

This doesn't mention them, http://www.infoplease.com/spot/northireland1.html   I'll wait.

I
Attacks in Ireland, Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales, England, the Netherlands, West Germany - operations (smuggling, robberies, drug dealing - to raise funds/obtain weapons for terrorist activities) across Europe, Canada, the US, Australia and the Middle East....

Two countries = International. The list is longer than just two countries.

I've actually looked at the casualty figures now, instead of guessing, there were around 1800 casualties (figures vary between about 1780 and 1820).
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6654|USA

Bertster7 wrote:

lowing wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

I
Attacks in Ireland, Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales, England, the Netherlands, West Germany - operations (smuggling, robberies, drug dealing - to raise funds/obtain weapons for terrorist activities) across Europe, Canada, the US, Australia and the Middle East....

Two countries = International. The list is longer than just two countries.

I've actually looked at the casualty figures now, instead of guessing, there were around 1800 casualties (figures vary between about 1780 and 1820).
no wonder no one knows about it, or cares...get back with me with a comparison to Islamic terrorism that is a little less desperate. 
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/index.html#Attacks    I said compare....Truth is, there really isn't any comparison.
ruisleipa
+149|6225|teh FIN-land

lowing wrote:

no wonder no one knows about it, or cares...get back with me with a comparison to Islamic terrorism that is a little less desperate. 
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/index.html#Attacks    I said compare....Truth is, there really isn't any comparison.
not between ONLY the IRA and the ENTIRE catalogue of vaguely related 'islamic' terrorism. Obviously. Do you have statistics for the entire history of Christian 'terrorism'? I wonder how they'd compare.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6654|USA

ruisleipa wrote:

lowing wrote:

not between ONLY the IRA and the ENTIRE catalogue of vaguely related 'islamic' terrorism. Obviously. Do you have statistics for the entire history of Christian 'terrorism'? I wonder how they'd compare.
uhhhh look closer that was the past 2 months not the past 2000 years.

look even closer and you will find it broken down by years since 9/11.

to date it lists 15222 attacks since 9/11

Last edited by lowing (2010-05-01 12:11:06)

ruisleipa
+149|6225|teh FIN-land
so what?

you're still comparing ONE group with multiple groups. it's an invalid comparison. or, give us statistics to compare those to.

plus that website..i wouldn't touch it with a fuckin bargepole tbh.

how do they get their statistics? How do they define some attack as islamic?

hardly a neutral source.

Last edited by ruisleipa (2010-05-01 12:21:39)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6654|USA

ruisleipa wrote:

so what?

you're still comparing ONE group with multiple groups. it's an invalid comparison. or, give us statistics to compare those to.

plus that website..i wouldn't touch it with a fuckin bargepole tbh.

how do they get their statistics? How do they define some attack as islamic?

hardly a neutral source.
I didn't compare Islam to IRA, someone else did, but I am glad we agree that there really is no comparison.

lol, this is my favorite defense, dismissal of bias...Tell ya what, if you find me a neutral source regarding Islamic violence I will read it.

While you are at it try finding me a neutral source regarding abortion.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard