Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5367|London, England
It's very simple really. The game was not balanced with hardcore in mind. It's not the primary design of the game. The game was balanced around, and designed for normal mode.

Here's a list of weapons that will one shot kill someone at any range in the game in normal mode.

Rockets
40mm GL
40mm SL (direct hit)

That's it. Bolt actions can one shot within a limited range, the furthest is the M95 to 40 meters with magnum ammo. Pump action shotguns can do the same out to 15 meters with buck or 20 meters with slugs.

Here's a list of weapons that will one shot kill someone at any range in hardcore mode.

M24
SV98
GOL
M95
M870
SPAS
NS2000
RPG-7
M2 CG
M136 AT4
40mmGL
40mmSL (direct hit)
and out to 6 yards the MP-412 pistol will one shot.

The rockets on hardcore mode, especially the Carl Gustav have increased kill radius' because of the lowered health as well.

Normal rockets (normal mode) [hardcore mode]
RPG-7 (2.00m) [4.00m]
CG (4.80m) [6.40m]
AT4 (0.60m) [1.80m]

Upgraded rockets (normal mode) [hardcore mode]
RPG-7 (2.80m) [4.40m]
CG (5.44m) [6.72m]
AT4 (1.08m) [2.04m]

So, as you can see, the CG rocket that everyone cries about so much has a blast diameter of 13.44 meters. Anyone within 6.72 meters not wearing body armor is instantly killed. With the RPG-7, it's 4.4 meters and for the AT4 it's 2.04 meters. Is there any wonder that people cry so damn much about weapons?

Let's look at some other weapons. The M60 that everyone carries in hardcore can kill in 2 bullets. The M16A2 can kill in a single 3 round burst. The pump shotguns with slugs and magnum ammo can kill anyone, anywhere on the map, body armor or no, in a single bullet, with no bullet drop.

The point of all this? I hear many arguments for people wanting to play hardcore... "I like killing in fewer bullets" "I don't like using a whole clip to kill people" "It's more realistic" etc. As soon as you enter a hardcore server you lose every right in the world to bitch about anything related to the game. I don't want to hear you cry about the unbalanced rockets or the unbalanced 40mmGL or snipers or any of the other mess of things people cry about. You chose hardcore because you more than likely wanted to sit back and snipe people in the foot for a one shot kill. If you feel the game is unbalanced, play normal mode because it's damn well balanced there.

Stop fucking whining.

Last edited by JohnG@lt (2010-04-17 10:29:28)

"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5246|Cleveland, Ohio
hardcore is awesome
Bevo
Nah
+718|6530|Austin, Texas
I don't get the point of the topic.

The noobtube and CG are broken in softcore.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Bevo wrote:

No, they're not.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
11 Bravo
Banned

11 Bravo wrote:

hardcore is awesome
Bevo
Nah
+718|6530|Austin, Texas

JohnG@lt wrote:

Bevo wrote:

No, they're not.
Yes, they are.

Look at their kill radius' in softcore. Don't look at body armor either; the use of a perk to specifically combat 2 weapons in this game is beyond retarded. Do they look reasonable to you? Do you think it takes about the same effort/skill/whatever to shoot one of those weapons within that radius as to shoot them in the head with a sniper rifle, or pick them off with an assault rifle, or LMG?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

11 Bravo wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

hardcore is awesome
Troll elsewhere. If you like hardcore, fine, but I'm sick of all the bitching by people who only play hardcore mode crying for nerfs.
-Frederick Bastiat
11 Bravo
Banned

JohnG@lt wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

hardcore is awesome
Troll elsewhere.   I'm sick of all the bitching
lols
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Bevo wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Bevo wrote:

No, they're not.
Yes, they are.

Look at their kill radius' in softcore. Don't look at body armor either; the use of a perk to specifically combat 2 weapons in this game is beyond retarded. Do they look reasonable to you? Do you think it takes about the same effort/skill/whatever to shoot one of those weapons within that radius as to shoot them in the head with a sniper rifle, or pick them off with an assault rifle, or LMG?
Considering the long reload times, they're sitting ducks as soon as they fire. If you get killed 1v1 by them, fine, cry, but you should be in a squad and not lonewolfing anyway. As soon as they shoot at you they should be an easy kill for your squadmates.

And body armor is your best defense against most things in normal mode. If you don't want to use it, don't bitch. It prevents one shot kills from grenades, grenade launchers, shotguns and rockets. If you don't want to use it, that's your own problem.
-Frederick Bastiat
Bevo
Nah
+718|6530|Austin, Texas

JohnG@lt wrote:

Considering the long reload times, they're sitting ducks as soon as they fire. If you get killed 1v1 by them, fine, cry, but you should be in a squad and not lonewolfing anyway. As soon as they shoot at you they should be an easy kill for your squadmates.
So you should have a whole squad to combat people carrying noobtubes or CGs? Cool. That sounds reasonable. You admit they're broken 1v1 but reason that it's acceptable because your squaddies (which may or may not also get hit by these lovely AOE weapons) can kill them right after the fact?

Think about it. You're saying it's fine that they kill you because they're gonna die right afterwards, if and only if you have a squad with you not within the blast radius.

And body armor is your best defense against most things in normal mode. If you don't want to use it, don't bitch. It prevents one shot kills from grenades, grenade launchers, shotguns and rockets. If you don't want to use it, that's your own problem.
Like I said. I should not be forced to use a perk to combat a few overpowered items in the game.
thepilot91
+64|6245|Åland!

JohnG@lt wrote:

Bevo wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

No, they're not.
Yes, they are.

yeah, squad ...tight formation 4 man squad comes up to a CQ noob who's already fired his dildo of death taking out 2-3 members in the blast , the 1-2 remaining will be no match if the CQ guy has somekind of skill (or a squad himself as you so promote)

sorry for bad english but I think you know what I'm saying.
CammRobb
Banned
+1,510|6139|Carnoustie MASSIF

JohnG@lt wrote:

Bevo wrote:

No, they're not.
SOMEONE ON THE INTERNET IS WRONG

it's called an opinion.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Bevo wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

So you should have a whole squad to combat people carrying noobtubes or CGs? Cool. That sounds reasonable. You admit they're broken 1v1 but reason that it's acceptable because your squaddies (which may or may not also get hit by these lovely AOE weapons) can kill them right after the fact?

Think about it. You're saying it's fine that they kill you because they're gonna die right afterwards, if and only if you have a squad with you not within the blast radius.

Like I said. I should not be forced to use a perk to combat a few overpowered items in the game.
I already told you to wear body armor. If you don't want to, fine, die. The game is nothing more than an enhanced version of rock/paper/scissors. Don't cry if you lose by throwing out scissors every time.
-Frederick Bastiat
Bevo
Nah
+718|6530|Austin, Texas

JohnG@lt wrote:

I already told you to wear body armor. If you don't want to, fine, die. The game is nothing more than an enhanced version of rock/paper/scissors. Don't cry if you lose by throwing out scissors every time.
It's not a game of rock paper scissors if everyone uses scissors. Everyone using scissors forces you to constantly be the rock. This is known as unbalance.

Using magnum ammo isn't a "choice" anymore, it's a disadvantage, because you'll get blown to hell by the first CG/toobnube you see.

fake edit:

Bevo wrote:

the rock
https://www.gifbin.com/bin/052009/1243418448_dwayne-the-rock-johnson.gif
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|6008|Vortex Ring State
I rage about hardcore because there's so many servers with it on...

and yeah, balance is really screwey on hardcore, I agree. Especially with pp2000. it's insane RoF makes it a rape machine in CQC, takes down a squad in 2 secs flat.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6751|FUCK UBISOFT

galt, you whine about hardcore because 1 hit kills are ridiculously easy, yet you try to justify weapons that 1 hit kill in softcore?

hypocrisy much?
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Miggle wrote:

galt, you whine about hardcore because 1 hit kills are ridiculously easy, yet you try to justify weapons that 1 hit kill in softcore?

hypocrisy much?
I've never experienced servers being overrun by people using them. Sure, there are noobtubers that run around but they're usually easy kills if they aren't camping.
-Frederick Bastiat
Trotskygrad
бля
I'm pretty sure with the AT4, if you hit them you kill them. Trick is hitting them.
Chou
+737|6800
So, as you can see, the CG rocket that everyone cries about so much has a blast diameter of 13.44 meters. Anyone within 6.72 meters not wearing body armor is instantly killed. With the RPG-7, it's 4.4 meters and for the AT4 it's 2.04 meters.
Bullshit.

More like 4.4 mm
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6663

I rage in hardcore because I camp in the back with a gun that has an ACOG scope and magnum ammo and I'm just going for kills to get stupid stars on shitty weapons.
Chou
+737|6800

mtb0minime wrote:

I rage in hardcore because I camp in the back with a gun that has an ACOG scope and magnum ammo and I'm just going for kills to get stupid stars on shitty weapons.
So hardcore <3
JadedDope
Arizona Bound.
+16|5180|Between your mama's legs.
Hardcore is fucking stupid...It pisses me off. Its like playing COD not Battlefield. And why the shit are all the servers on the server list ALWAYS hardcore. Grrrr it makes me angry!
Trotskygrad
бля

JadedDope wrote:

Hardcore is fucking stupid...It pisses me off. Its like playing COD not Battlefield. And why the shit are all the servers on the server list ALWAYS hardcore. Grrrr it makes me angry!
same, it's like "Tactical HC" FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

"Nubs GTFO HC"

You think your cool, but you're not...
JadedDope
Arizona Bound.
+16|5180|Between your mama's legs.
yea, imo HC is for nubs that can't aim and played COD with Stopping Power ONLY...
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat
+211|6604|Belchertown Massachusetts, USA
https://img.moronail.net/img/5/7/1257.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard