Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6711|Tampa Bay Florida
Airborne ribbon should be - 15 minutes while using a parachute. 

Also, jumping out of a moving jet/chopper should instantly kill you.  And if you wait too long to open your parachute (15 feet from the ground) you should die with a sickening splat sound
AdamEcks
+1|6724|Canada, Eh.

Spearhead wrote:

Airborne ribbon should be - 15 minutes while using a parachute. 

Also, jumping out of a moving jet/chopper should instantly kill you.
Yeah, I heard of this theory that ejecting from planes and stuff but it was proven impossible and will never/ has never ever happen.

At least your suggestions are unrealistic and stupid. 15 mins in a parachute, right, good one. Spend more than half a round floating, right. Everyone can instantly teleport to a high enough height to get a good length chute drop... Honestly, the worst ideas I've ever heard.
RedVigor
+3|6706
But the whole point of having a transport heli and a parachute is so you can jump out and not have the heli hovering and landing and being shot down.
Ryan
+1,230|6864|Alberta, Canada

what, ejecting from jets is impossible? since when?
AdamEcks
+1|6724|Canada, Eh.

ryan_14 wrote:

what, ejecting from jets is impossible? since when?
Exactly... according to this guy you shouldn't be able to do it. And even a full round of spawning in a transport heli and parachuting down you won't come close to 15 minutes unless it's a 3 hour round, or your not actually playing and just trying for the badge.
weirleader
+3|6736|G.R., MI
not sure if I understand the original post, but thinking he means 15 minutes global - at least that makes some sense.  Otherwise, I'm tempted to just keep climbing/jumping off the crane in sharqi for that ribbon - shouldn't take too long to hit 1 minute. ('til now, I've thought better of it - but it's tempting)
Aquafina
+0|6673
No. I jumped out of a jet to get my Airborne Ribbon. It was easy. But, it wasn't ten seconds, more like, fifteen. What the hell is wrong with you? I didnt die.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
Yes, I'm sorry I half-finished my post lol.  I meant 15 minutes global time, instead of in a round. 

And for the jumping out of moving aircraft-- I meant to say aircraft moving at high speeds such as a jet+afterburner going over 1,000.  sorry
breethon
+0|6671
I would just be happy if my parachute opened.  Sheesh!  How many times I have died pressing 9 and it doesn't open.......
El pistolero
+0|6670
No, the game is good as it already is!!
Friluftshund
I cnat slpel!!!
+54|6734|Norway

breethon wrote:

I would just be happy if my parachute opened.  Sheesh!  How many times I have died pressing 9 and it doesn't open.......
Don't complain - be grateful that you can jump of a 7 meter tall building and expect a parachute to open at all...

UNrealism FTW!!!
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
I was just making a point at how pointless the parachute ribbon is, because people who hardly fly in aircraft earn their ribbons jumping off tall buildings for 15 seconds, it's just dumb, why do they have it in the game
zartanovich
+0|6668
That's fine but why did they turn off the ability to shoot while jumping?
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6738|Riva, MD
Jumping out should not instantly kill you, that's how it is in the XBox 1 version and it sucks.  It has to be upright or you die when you jump out, it's one of the many things that ruins the game.

Last edited by _j5689_ (2006-02-15 11:04:39)

killjoi
+2|6683
This is the most retarded thread I've read today.
Friluftshund
I cnat slpel!!!
+54|6734|Norway
Hehe - yet you felt the need to both read and post in it?
killjoi
+2|6683
Well, you can't fault me for reading it, at least the first post.  I guess at that point I had felt cheated, so in response I submitted a post that was trollish in nature (despite being 100 percent accurate).
bf2_zspyvin
+17|6705|The Netherlands
That ribbon sux because u will see people jumping people out of planes more... and that will destroy the game play and make bf2 noobisch
CANADIAN_rocker
+0|6767|CANADA
anyone thats DIS-agreeing with the man, F**K OFF!!!! THIS ISENT A POST FOR YOU THEN!! yeeesha
twood375
+16|6669|Washington, D.C.

bf2_zspyvin wrote:

That ribbon sux because u will see people jumping people out of planes more... and that will destroy the game play and make bf2 noobisch
People would only do it once for the ribbon, although i do agree its pretty stupid, along with the zipline, grappling hook, and flashband badges for SF.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard