blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6642
Is there such a thing as Canadian accent? when I went to Canada I didnt notice anything but this was like 13 years I was a kid back then and didnt pay attention... anyways what do u think...

some examples....

or maybe this lol

jk about the 2nd one anyways state what you think....

Last edited by blademaster (2010-04-12 14:00:42)

Ryan
+1,230|6840|Alberta, Canada

I heard that we do have an accent, but I can't tell, eh?
Morpheus
This shit still going?
+508|5996|The Mitten
what's this all aboot, eh?
EE (hats
SealXo
+309|6533
ontario + alberta = accent
BC = no

people in ontario tend to say "ohh ya?" a lot alberta is more the "aboot", but both say eh equally

Last edited by SealXo (2010-04-12 14:02:53)

Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6662|NT, like Mick Dundee

Had a mate who spent the first 15 years of his life in Canukistania. He's since moved back there.

He had a Canadian accent and used to play on it for laughs. Girls aren't really a good example because I've found that in many places in Aus, along with parts of Canada and some parts of the USA, our generation of females has generated this kinda fucked up homogenous super accent. Gg mass media, gg.

There's a girl I went to school with who sounds almost exactly like the chick in the vid you posted.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6682|United States of America
Take off, to the Great White North!
Eifa
Never regret anything that ever made you smile.
+923|5868|00770
For some reason, this thread instantly reminded me of celebrity jeopardy, with trebek vs. connery.
No, I don't need an attitude adjustment. You just need to fuck off.
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6729|St. Andrews / Oslo

I quite like the Canadian accent, more so than the American.

The worst accent in the world, however, is the one that teen girls in the US speak. It's just terrible.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
13/f/taiwan
+940|5696
The Canadian accent is disappointing and bland when you first here it.
Benzin
+576|5995

Jenspm wrote:

The worst accent in the world, however, is the one that teen girls in the US speak. It's just terrible.
The only American accent I like is the educated southern accent. Not the hick southern. But the proper southern, like a really proper and posh British English would be. Love that.
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6309

I dunno...do we?

Nismo be glad Uzique isnt' on to see that.

Last edited by ebug9 (2010-04-12 14:10:59)

ghettoperson
+1,943|6646

SealXo wrote:

BC = no

people in ontario tend to say "ohh ya?" a lot alberta is more the "aboot", but both say eh equally
Dude a thick BC accent stands out a mile off.
Ryan

SealXo wrote:

BC = no

I live in Alberta, never heard an "aboot" in my life.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6497|so randum

Jenspm wrote:

and its like...oh my god and then we were like WOW that was totally awesome like oh MY GOD! supercool!
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Ryan

FatherTed wrote:

Jenspm wrote:

and its like...oh my god and then we were like WOW that was totally awesome like oh MY GOD! supercool!
I think it's hawt.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6734|Oxferd Ohire

Ryan wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

Jenspm wrote:

I think it's hawt.
I think it's gay. Which is probably why a lot of gay people I've encountered talk like that.
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Morpheus
This shit still going?
+508|5996|The Mitten

Ryan wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

Jenspm wrote:

I think it's hawt.
i think i want to punch you.
EE (hats
Ryan

RTHKI wrote:

Ryan wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

I think it's hawt.
I think it's gay. Which is probably why a lot of gay people I've encountered talk like that.
Hawt = gay?
eleven bravo
+1,399|5256|foggy bottom
canadians have minnesotan accents
Tu Stultus Es
Morpheus
This shit still going?
+508|5996|The Mitten

eleven bravo wrote:

canadians have minnesotan accents
have you ever met a yooper?
EE (hats
phishsux
­
+131|5129
newfies are funny
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5540|Toronto
I'll say no, apart from the Maritime provinces- those I can actually pick out with ease.

If I go to Ohio, Minnesota, or Colorado I can't hear their accents, which would suggest we share a common accent, so at the very least there is no exclusive 'Canadian' accent.
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6642

Pochsy wrote:

I'll say no, apart from the Maritime provinces- those I can actually pick out with ease.

If I go to Ohio, Minnesota, or Colorado I can't hear their accents, which would suggest we share a common accent, so at the very least there is no exclusive 'Canadian' accent.
interesting.....

Last edited by blademaster (2010-04-12 14:37:33)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6598|132 and Bush

Jenspm wrote:

We've got about a dozen or so. It might have something to do with our diversity.

In general most Canadians sound American to me.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
TSI
Cholera in the time of love
+247|5978|Toronto
Ever been to Quebec?
I like pie.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard