bigsteveooooo
+1|6813|Wirral, UK
Hi everyone,

I have been flying through getting loads of new badges, ribbons etc.

I am really struggling to get the knife badge though.  The closest i got in one round was 4 kills.  I just can't seem to knife anyone that much without getting hammered will bullets etc.

I was wondering if you got the knife combat badge, could you tell me what map it was on?  I'm guessing that the city maps are best.
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6849|Cologne, Germany

I haven't found the courage to try to get it myself....seems ridiculous anyway to use a knife so extensively when there are better weapons available. that's just a silly award, if you ask me...

I do hope for you though m8, best of luck

maybe someone of the knife experts here can help the man.
chani666
+0|6810
Take to things into consideration and it isnt that hard to get...
1) do it on a map where sniping is popular (city levels for instance) find these places and sneak around and wait for snipers to come
2) do it when either only few players are on a 64 player map or balanced bad parties are playing, this will result in the round lasting much much longer then normal, dont try to get the badge its your on EN-8, rounds lasting less then 10mins sometimes...
ProDicTeD
+2|6816
i got mine accidently on Sharqi. I was knifing Snipers is the building near the crane. Very easy knife kills. You should try it, i did it on a 64 player server. PTG city maps only
Trucido
+0|6810|Misery
It's not too tough. You're biggest threat is a bad connection and lag. I got basic, veteran, and should have expert if EA didn't screw me out of it just now. Anyway, go into a crowded Strike on/at Karkand and run around using the medic kit and always holding the knife this way you wont have to fumble around with guns and all that, you'll be holding it right away. Second, bunny hop. Bunny hopping frustrates them into unloading their gun leaving you long enough to stick them while they reload. The medic kit works best for this because obviously you can heal yourself between kills, but it also has a long sprint time. A good commander is needed too for a good UAV call. Sneak around, don't jump right into the person. Let them run past you can follow them until they can't sprint and do it. It's fun, I've had a blast the last 2 or 3 days doing it. My best in a round is 23.

*EDIT* I reread your starting post. Yeah, you're going to get shot a lot, just stick with it. It's aggrivating to be blown to bits by a grenade launcher when you pull a Michael Meyers and come darting at him with a knife. Another tip is to kill a person in the midsection between the USMC main base and the first capturable base. Wait for a medic to come by and see the downed unit, stick the medic, then the guy laying there, instant 3 kills if you get quick enough.

Last edited by Trucido (2005-09-12 09:41:13)

Landepaukku
Finnish bush-man
+23|6845|Finland
Its just karkand basically or then a pistol/knife only if you are desperate. Could you ppl also help me with the explosives ordnance? Its damn tough, my best so far is 11 with claymores in karkand.
tF-afrojap
+124|6855|SF
Trucido: Good advice.

I agree with most of the stuff here. Play medic, and play on 64player city maps. UAV is your best friend since it tells you which DIRECTION the enemy is facing. Take full advantage of that.
Jumping while coming out of a prone seems to boost you forward a bit, I used it all the time to close in on your target.
Also note that you can knife people mounted on the TOW, IGLA, and the gunners on jepps etc. They usually have a bigger ego since they are on a big gun and won't run away when you come at them with a knife.

Landepaukku: Check out Stalemate (the foggy chinese map). The low visibility and endless supply of APCs make it a perfect c4 map.

Happy hunting.
Trucido
+0|6810|Misery
Haha, yeah, totally forgot about that. Jeep drivers are just as vulnerable as the rest of them. A knife through the window usually gets a couple colorful words thrown your way. As for the C4 badge, either: A) be a jerk off, like I did, and C4 an enemy base, then scamper off and wait for everybody to respawn, or B) be an even bigger one and rig a few of the enemy vehicles in their main base and wait for them to drive off, specifically into a crowd of their own units and light them up. Either way you're gonna get it quick.
Landepaukku
Finnish bush-man
+23|6845|Finland
k thx maybe i should combine these and plant c4 on all enemy apc's on songhua yea maybe that will work ^^
wang!
+1|6816
jump down and prone at them. Stab them in their foot. It doesn't matter where you hit them, it's a one shot kill. I've had madd success doing this. They're trying to shoot the crap out of you but if you do a super man at them it's hard to aim at you. Also places like the top of ladders are good for knifing. Take the first flag at karkand for example. If you spawn as MEC on the furthest flag south with the two ladders going up to it you're bound to catch some people coming up that ladder and they're defensless. Good luck!
MurrayP
PKM Assasin
+0|6817|USA, IL
Strike at karkand 24/7 maps are the best, wait where people spawn, knife snipers, wait up that 1st ladder on the 1st base at karkand.  For C4, use UAV and throw it over walls and around corners. (All C4 kills dont have to be on tanks.)

Happy hunting.

Last edited by MurrayP (2005-09-12 19:32:15)

Trucido
+0|6810|Misery
Ya know what I find kind of wierd is that I can't seem to stick them everytime. I see the dust fly off their shin or wherever I pop them at and I wind up getting laid out because I thought I got the kill. That's one of the most aggrivating things. Another tip is to look for feet hanging through walls. Very VERY! vulnerable.

*EDIT* Murray, how many global knife kills did you have when you got your expert knife badge? I didn't get mine and I've met the posted requirements.

Last edited by Trucido (2005-09-12 22:04:52)

EXiT|Air
+0|6810|The Netherlands
100 global knife kills and 18 in a round for expert. I had 22 in a round (32 player, sharqi).
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6851|Bryan/College Station, TX

B.Schuss wrote:

I haven't found the courage to try to get it myself....seems ridiculous anyway to use a knife so extensively when there are better weapons available. that's just a silly award, if you ask me...
Heh. While I agree with you m8 eventually we will have to get the knife/pistol badges. After all it is a requirement for rank eventually. Of course that day for us casual players will be years from now.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
mort4u
Artillery catcher
+5|6846|Munich, Germany
i tried to get my knife badge yesterday. killed 2 in a row then it went downhill and i always met the same specops with his G36 who mowed me down.
ok i got eventually but i still suck with that blade.
anyway i get aggrivated after getting waste a few times and cant help myself shooting ppl again cause iwasnt ready to get a purple heart
also i picked awrong server causue a 20 man clan urban server is a bad place to get the knife badge. gotta search for a 64 slot one wit hloads of n00bs without G36´s

good tips guys and i was once close to the explosive badge but unintenionally ao i didnt keep track and was 1-2 kills short
CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6849|Missoula, MT
I notice the rank that requires the knife/pistol badges says it requires the "basic" badges.  What about the poor chaps who went straight into the "veteran" or "expert" badges?  Does this mean they won't promote any further once they get to Master Sergeant? I wonder...
Trucido
+0|6810|Misery
Then I guess EA has rectally intruded again since I got 23 in a round with more than 200 global and still no expert knife badge...
mort4u
Artillery catcher
+5|6846|Munich, Germany

CMDR_Dave wrote:

I notice the rank that requires the knife/pistol badges says it requires the "basic" badges.  What about the poor chaps who went straight into the "veteran" or "expert" badges?  Does this mean they won't promote any further once they get to Master Sergeant? I wonder...
that would certainly piss some ppl off

anyway you always receive the basic at the same time so no worries there i think.
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6849|Cologne, Germany

kilroy0097 wrote:

B.Schuss wrote:

Heh. While I agree with you m8 eventually we will have to get the knife/pistol badges. After all it is a requirement for rank eventually. Of course that day for us casual players will be years from now.
well, that's true. If I play like that for about one year, I might become sergeant eventually.

those ranks work wonders as far as long-time-motivation is concerned...

maybe one day, if I feel like it, I will eventually try to get the knife badge, but as it is now, I feel that this award is simply not achievable through "normal" gameplay. You have to specifically play for it, and that's simply nothing I can motivate myself to do right now.

Besides, my K/D ratio is just over 1.00 now, and I don't want to risk that only to get the knife badge.....

I am team player and I wouldn't be helping the team much by dieing 45 times just to get those 7 knife kills..
2510MyCountryMyFlag
loving newcastle brown ale...
+0|6809|Newcastle
new ere but u cant try 2 go on a knife and pistol server
Ag3nT-()r@ng3
Another German Mod
+6|6816|Lake Constanze, Germany

EXiT|Air wrote:

100 global knife kills and 18 in a round for expert. I had 22 in a round (32 player, sharqi).
HUH?!?!   Thats exactly what i did! U copied me
And a good medic walked with me revived me often when i failed to kill 'at first sight'

Greetz,
Agent
EXiT|Air
+0|6810|The Netherlands
I must admit, you had it before i did

But i didnt have a slave medic
Ag3nT-()r@ng3
Another German Mod
+6|6816|Lake Constanze, Germany
Hehe.....the medic was a good friend of mine...
He risked his life for me and often died while reviving me, as i was sometimes knifing 2-3 ppl in the flag radius
But we both had soooooo much fun this round

Greetz,
Agent
tF-afrojap
+124|6855|SF

CMDR_Dave wrote:

We got that sorted out.
I once found a guy who had skipped the basic knife but had the vet, AND he also had the combat infantry medal (which requires you to have all basic combat badges). So if the game is consistent about the way it checks for awards/ranks there shouldn't be any issues attaining First Sergeant.
CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6849|Missoula, MT

tF-afrojap wrote:

CMDR_Dave wrote:

We got that sorted out.
I once found a guy who had skipped the basic knife but had the vet, AND he also had the combat infantry medal (which requires you to have all basic combat badges). So if the game is consistent about the way it checks for awards/ranks there shouldn't be any issues attaining First Sergeant.
Excellent...no worries then.   You da man!

Since this seems to be the case, forget basic and veteran, I'm only going for expert for knife and pistol!

Last edited by CMDR_Dave (2005-09-13 12:09:36)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard