Poll

What percentage of current active BF2s members have a mental disorder?

90-100; pretty much everyone here43%43% - 32
75-89; mostly everyone6%6% - 5
50-74; a decent majority6%6% - 5
25-49; more than several13%13% - 10
0-24; a few here and there28%28% - 21
Total: 73
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5174|Sydney

Mekstizzle wrote:

I think ADHD is just an excuse for being a dickhead, an asshole, an obnoxious prick, or just an idiot. I also think everyone has OCD and all that. In some way or another.
Not everyone has OCD, don't be a fucking idiot.
Just because you may once every now and then display very mild similarities to OCD doesn't mean you have a diagnosable condition.
If you don't believe me, go to a psychologist and explain you him you think you have OCD.
Unless of course you DO have OCD...
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6485|Gogledd Cymru

OCD is a man made "disorder" everyone shows "OCD tendencies", some more than others, it's over diagnosed like ADHD.
Jaekus
+957|5174|Sydney
Wow, we seem to have some experts here.
I guess the training I get in mental health was unnecessary, I just should go to you guys next time
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6493

Jaekus wrote:

I guess the training I get in mental health was unnecessary, I just should go to you guys next time
might as well, the forum gets asked about medical/professional/career/love interest questions all the time . . .
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6485|Gogledd Cymru

I work for the council with people who have disabilities...
Jaekus
+957|5174|Sydney

burnzz wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

might as well, the forum gets asked about medical/professional/career/love interest questions all the time . . .
Being asked a question doesn't automatically qualify you for expertise on the subject, sorry.

I will agree with you on the point of ADHD being overly diagnosed though.
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6103|Birmingham, UK
my brother has a friend who has ADHD... i feel a bit sorry for him actually he's got autism as well and he keeps stealing from the house... always has to be doing something, then theres someone i know who says he has ADHD who is a complete dickhead... he's not "diagnosed" with it he just wants the attention
Jaekus
+957|5174|Sydney
Autism is a hard one to deal with. I think it affects the brain more than the psyche, though I could be wrong as I don't know a lot about it.
I used to teach guitar to a boy who had autism. I'd just make it all really casual and encourage him a lot but at the first sign of frustration I'd make it all seem really chilled and everything was completely normal.
His mum was amazed he never flew off the handle and started breaking stuff during my lessons.
He was a pretty switched on kid and was progressing pretty well, but I think his parents couldn't afford lessons this last term just gone.

Last edited by Jaekus (2010-04-12 15:00:35)

SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6103|Birmingham, UK
Yeah i'd hate to have autism... they're a bit "volatile" going by the ones i've met. They're nice guys and everything but i try and keep everything relaxed and not argue with them.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6407|'Murka

And people thought the Transformers 2 poll was predictable...
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard