androoz
Banned
+137|5206|United States

FatherTed wrote:

androoz wrote:

Finray wrote:

The only reason I "put so much effort" into printscreening, uploading and posting (which takes no effort at all, F12, drop into dropbox, copy/paste onto BF2s, ooh scary hard) was because I was reading this thread earlier, which drove me to play a round to see how I felt towards it, so I could then post in this thread with some form of content, instead of just "cod sux now lol". Ironically enough, the point I made anyway could have been conveyed by those four words anyway.

Androoz, I see the point you're trying to make. To some degree I do agree, but there comes a point where it's not skill, and it becomes more about experience. Knowing the maps, getting comfortable with weapon timings, set nades, peeping locations, and even judging defuse times. Those factors I would not regard contribute towards skill, rather experience.
yeah thats actually pretty true.

right now it doesnt seem like im regging at all. :S

100 ping vs <50 pingers.
there wasnt anything 'coo'l about that
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6493|so randum

androoz wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

androoz wrote:

yeah thats actually pretty true.

right now it doesnt seem like im regging at all. :S

100 ping vs <50 pingers.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5781|Catherine Black
The only time you'll experience 'bad reg' in a Quake 3 engine game is if you have a ping in excess of 400 and players warp over your screen. 100 is not a bad ping, and you will not experience a lack of hitreg. It's not how Q3 engine works.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6463
hahahahahahaha
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
androoz
Banned
+137|5206|United States

FatherTed wrote:

androoz wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

k...

@finray, oO, never knew that.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6493|so randum

androoz wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

androoz wrote:

k...

Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
androoz
Banned
+137|5206|United States

FatherTed wrote:

androoz wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

k...

dude seriously take that shit to EE chats
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
Yeah it's just a popular excuse for when CoD players are terribad (classic case: Mint Sauce screaming down his mic on vent whenever someone got the jump on him).

Can't remember the specifics but iirc CoD4 uses pixel detection, rather than hitboxes, which means if your bullet hits their player model on any pixel it'll count as a hit, and there's no extra space around the model where you can get a hit, space inside the model where you can't hit.

Also, bullets have instant speed, so as soon as you press the fire button they've hit their mark, unlike BF2 or BC2 where you have to take bullet travel time into effect.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6493|so randum

androoz wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

androoz wrote:

k...

dude seriously take that shit to EE chats
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6463
bullets still have noticeable delay > 100ms, i.e. the time taken for the bullet to travel is longer than the instant-norm

very rare will you get poor registration; the packets arent lost in that fashion
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6493|so randum
@finray (RELEVANT POST INBOUND) is it 100% true about the instant travel thing, i swear i used to lead shots on CoD4. it's been ages since i played though, could be wrong.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
Zeek you have 1337 days.

FatherTed wrote:

@finray (RELEVANT POST INBOUND) is it 100% true about the instant travel thing, i swear i used to lead shots on CoD4. it's been ages since i played though, could be wrong.
You played on XBox which had considerably increased latency in comparison to PC, because it used local servers (like MW2), so aiming ahead probably helped a bit, since the host had the player further ahead than on your screen. When you get down to pings of 35, the latency means to get a perfect hit you're going to have to aim ahead maybe a pixel or two, not enough to actually make a difference.

Last edited by Finray (2010-04-08 11:20:54)

androoz
Banned
+137|5206|United States

FatherTed wrote:

actually this too i do lead shots a lot especially with snipers
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6493|so randum

androoz wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

actually this too i do lead shots a lot especially with snipers

@finny, danke
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
Ted stop being a dick with the
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6493|so randum

Finray wrote:

Ted stop being a dick with the
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
CammRobb
Banned
+1,510|6123|Carnoustie MASSIF
androoz
Banned
+137|5206|United States
@pace51's karma, it is a modified version of CoD4 where the better players typically tend to play and hang around. It was also used in CAL, etc.

There was a list somewhere with all the changes etc compared to the original CoD4.
pace51
Boom?
+194|5166|Markham, Ontario
thanks!
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6279|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

androoz wrote:

@pace51's karma, it is a modified version of CoD4 where the better players typically tend to play and hang around. It was also used in CAL, etc.

There was a list somewhere with all the changes etc compared to the original CoD4.
I have a list:
1. Remove anything that made the original game worth playing

Yeah that's pretty much it
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6167|Sydney | ♥

uzique obz fails @ cod4, and always blames the ping.
everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro

FloppY_ wrote:

androoz wrote:

I have a list:
1. Remove anything that made the original game shit and noob infested

fixd
FloppY_
­

Finray wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

androoz wrote:

I have a list:

fixd
Are you telling me you like playing with only the M4A1 - no attachments or anything?

damn that's as boring as watching paint dry
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro

FloppY_ wrote:

Finray wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

I have a list:

fixd
Are you telling me you like playing with only the M4A1 - no attachments or anything?

M4 sucks balls. I never use it. Nobody does. I don't even use it in Vanilla. And who uses scopes? RDS - enjoy your damage reduction. ACOG? Enjoy your ultra scope sway.
FloppY_
­

Finray wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Finray wrote:

fixd

M4 sucks balls. I never use it. Nobody does. I don't even use it in Vanilla. And who uses scopes? RDS - enjoy your damage reduction. ACOG? Enjoy your ultra scope sway.
Everyone uses M4 since it's so overpowered there is no reason not to...
- no recoil
- pin point accuracy even at full auto
- average damage for an assault rifle

Red dot does not provide damage reduction in vanilla...
Acog is pretty useless for everything but snipers yeah...

Hardcore > Promod

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard