RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6735|Oxferd Ohire

BBC wrote:

Apple says it sold more than 300,000 of its latest product, the iPad tablet computer, on its launch day in the US.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/8603599.stm

https://shagn.forumotion.com/users/1211/19/92/27/smiles/172616.gif

I still dont see the advantage of an iPad..meh
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5472|Ventura, California
iPad = oversized iPhone, with less abilities than the iPhone.

I can see how some person who doesn't know anything about PCs would like to just sit on the couch and write emails, watch movies and maybe organize their week's meeting. But they're idiots for paying so much for so little.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
Bevo
Nah
+718|6519|Austin, Texas
wat

I don't know anyone who's getting one.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6580|SE London

-Sh1fty- wrote:

I can see how some person who doesn't know anything about PCs would like to just sit on the couch and write emails, watch movies and maybe organize their week's meeting. But they're idiots for paying so much for so little.
You have so little imagination.

The iPad is superb for loads of things that I bet you haven't even considered. Graphic novels on the iPad work very well. As an all in one remote for PC and home cinema it is excellent. Loads of things it can do better than anything else currently available.

I initially thought it looked like a fancy gimicky gadget, then I started to realise all the potential to do really quite useful stuff with it. It's all down to the imagination of the user - which given the attitude of many Mac fanbois, is likely to be very limited in most cases, but don't blame that on the product.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6647

It'd be cool if you could integrate it with everything in your house. For instance, a friends house in Switzerland has everything automated; shutters, lights, water, locks, power sockets, everything. This is all controlled from three touchscreen monitors built into the wall on each floor. What would be handier though, is to add an iPad to that so you could stick one on the coffee table and not have get up to adjust the brightness of the lighting, or let someone inside. All this software is Windows based, however, so in reality you'd be better off with a Windows tablet.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5356|London, England
No multitasking, no USB ports, no drives, Apple software only? No thanks.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6619|London, England
I'd rather get a netbook or laptop
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6589|Reisterstown, MD

Goes to show that there are gullible people who will buy anything if it looks pretty. 
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6807|Marathon, Florida Keys
"Does the iPad have flexible wings? I'll only buy this if it's super absorbent and catches the extra fluids that other feminine pads don't. I want something that gives me an extra boost of confidence knowing that I won't have to worry about unsightly spills or leaks so that I -- can just be me; A woman, a wife, and a mother [children laughing and playing, huge smiles all around]."
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
https://img163.imageshack.us/img163/4352/1270423034687.png
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Marlo Stanfield
online poker tax cheating
+122|5161

JohnG@lt wrote:

No multitasking, no USB ports, no drives, Apple software only? No thanks.
TheDonkey
Eat my bearrrrrrrrrrr, Tonighttt
+163|5715|Vancouver, BC, Canada

ghettoperson wrote:

It'd be cool if you could integrate it with everything in your house. For instance, a friends house in Switzerland has everything automated; shutters, lights, water, locks, power sockets, everything. This is all controlled from three touchscreen monitors built into the wall on each floor. What would be handier though, is to add an iPad to that so you could stick one on the coffee table and not have get up to adjust the brightness of the lighting, or let someone inside. All this software is Windows based, however, so in reality you'd be better off with a Windows tablet.
They make specialized remote devices to do that, with the touchscreen and all. As long as the home automation is a full properly installed system, I'm sure you could get the remote for cheaper than an iPad.
Iconic Irony
Bare Back Rough Rider
+189|5274|San Angelo, TX
It doesn't even have Flash for fucks sake.

HOW IN GODS FUCKING NAME CAN SOMETHING NOT HAVE FLASH CAPABILITIES???  MY GODDAMNED TREO SMART PHONE FROM 2004 HAD FLASH ON IT AND IT WAS A PIECE OF SHIT!!!  THIS IS A BUNCH OF MALARIKIRIKIRIKRIKRIKRIRKIRKIRKRIRKRI?
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5472|Ventura, California

Bertster7 wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

The iPad is superb for loads of things that I bet you haven't even considered. Graphic novels on the iPad work very well. As an all in one remote for PC and home cinema it is excellent. Loads of things it can do better than anything else currently available.

I initially thought it looked like a fancy gimicky gadget, then I started to realise all the potential to do really quite useful stuff with it. It's all down to the imagination of the user - which given the attitude of many Mac fanbois, is likely to be very limited in most cases, but don't blame that on the product.
I agree it has a ton of potential and don't worry I thought of that.

You pretty much summed it up in the end. Which is why I'm saying there's no point.

Personally, if I had the money, I would get one. I have a cellphone, not a mini-computer iPhone. With the iPad I would use it for contacts, facebook of course, tons of work I could do just wandering around the house. I would email with it a lot more than I do with this PC, etc.  I can think of so many things I would do with it. But I can do just about all of those with my PC.

It's just a fancy gadget, I won't get it, but if I was a rich I would get it.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6589|Reisterstown, MD

Iconic Irony wrote:

HOW IN GODS FUCKING NAME CAN SOMETHING NOT HAVE FLASH CAPABILITIES???  MY GODDAMNED TREO SMART PHONE FROM 2004 HAD FLASH ON IT AND IT WAS A PIECE OF SHIT!!!  THIS IS A BUNCH OF MALARIKIRIKIRIKRIKRIKRIRKIRKIRKRIRKRI?
You purchased this iPad thing?
ghettoperson
+1,943|6647

TheDonkey wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

They make specialized remote devices to do that, with the touchscreen and all. As long as the home automation is a full properly installed system, I'm sure you could get the remote for cheaper than an iPad.
Yeah it's probably true. Just seemed like one implementation where it would work quite well, since Apple are big on the looking pretty thing, which obviously you'd want if you've got to look at it all day.
Iconic Irony
Bare Back Rough Rider
+189|5274|San Angelo, TX

killer21 wrote:

Iconic Irony wrote:

You purchased this iPad thing?
Three of them.  I thought they were digital picture frames.
whaaaaaaaaaat
><>
+215|5248
try harder
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

I agree it has a ton of potential and don't worry I thought of that.

You pretty much summed it up in the end. Which is why I'm saying there's no point.

Personally, if I had the money, I would get one. I have a cellphone, not a mini-computer iPhone. With the iPad I would use it for contacts, facebook of course, tons of work I could do just wandering around the house. I would email with it a lot more than I do with this PC, etc.  I can think of so many things I would do with it. But I can do just about all of those with my PC.

It's just a fancy gadget, I won't get it, but if I was a rich I would get it.
You can do all that with a laptop... and have a more useful item to play with...
-Frederick Bastiat
Christbane
+51|6233
it sells because all the trendy hipster fucktards cant be seen without one.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6735|Oxferd Ohire
does the ipad really have any advantages over the other tablets? from what ive read it doesnt seem to...
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5751|Roma
big big facepalm
https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6841|Reykjavík, Iceland.

RTHKI wrote:

does the ipad really have any advantages over the other tablets? from what ive read it doesnt seem to...
My M275 is miles better than the ipad tbh.
BeardedHobo
Will post for food
+53|5179|Flying in my boxcar.

RTHKI wrote:

It is much better to see it destroyed with a golf club than other tablets
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gA16Fq4SAo
Kez
+778|5701|London, UK

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard