Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,813|6279|eXtreme to the maX
Steel roof is the way I'd go, needs to be fitted right, sarked properly, etc.
Concrete, concrete and nothing but concrete tbh. Designed to survive serious earthquakes.
Depends, its also heavy.
Fuck Israel
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6774|132 and Bush

ATG wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

ATG wrote:

is it all a lie designed to stimulate the construction economy, wreck the insurance industry and make chinese imports less appealing?
We ran completely out when these major imports happened. There was absolutely no problem with drywall sales after Katrina.

This is a problem in homes built in 2005-08. There is no mistaking the smell in a house with Chinese drywall. sulfur like.. the pipes are corroding.
Speaking of pipes corroding...my slab is leaking again.
There are so many final straws I head a hay bailer.
That happened in our old house about 20 years ago. They ended up re-routing the water through the attic. Most people have to wait a minute for their water to warm up. We had to wait for it to cool down...lol
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Reciprocity
+721|6754|the dank(super) side of Oregon

Dilbert_X wrote:

Steel roof is the way I'd go, needs to be fitted right, sarked properly, etc.
Concrete, concrete and nothing but concrete tbh. Designed to survive serious earthquakes.
Depends, its also heavy.
Copper roofs are better.  Properly installed, they last forever.  If I had the money that's what I'd install on my house.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6774|132 and Bush

Copper transfers heat. Sounds like an oven tbh. I've got Radiant barrier attached in my attic. It's this only attic I've ever been in that isn't hot as balls in the summer.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Reciprocity wrote:

Copper roofs are better.  Properly installed, they last forever.  If I had the money that's what I'd install on my house.
Here some crapball would steal it, they steal live cables already.
Fuck Israel
Chou
+737|6964

Dilbert_X wrote:

Reciprocity wrote:

Anyone would strip an entire copper roof cause the idiot living under it, deserves to be robbed.. at gunpoint. lol.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5875|College Park, MD
Electrify the roof >:D
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,740|6911|Oxferd Ohire
lel
what would rain do to that..
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6848|Canberra, AUS

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Electrify the roof >
foil insulation?
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|7017|Reykjavík, Iceland.
Concrete roof tbh.

Concrete foundation, concrete walls, concrete roof.

Conrete ftw!
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6838|NT, like Mick Dundee

Sydney wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

brick house, steel roof.
Sure concrete lasts forever. It's also ugly, and hard as hell to alter and... it's. fucking. ugly. You can't say Soviet Russia made for pretty cities.

@ Spark.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6774|132 and Bush

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Electrify the roof >
Yea copper isn't a good idea to have in the lightning capital.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Sydney
2λчиэλ

Flecco wrote:

Sydney wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

brick house, steel roof.
Sure concrete lasts forever. It's also ugly, and hard as hell to alter and... it's. fucking. ugly. You can't say Soviet Russia made for pretty cities.

@ Spark.
It's not ugly at all IMO.

Depends on how you do the exterior outside the concrete.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6848|Canberra, AUS

Flecco wrote:

Sydney wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

brick house, steel roof.

@ Spark.
Polished concrete can look really nice. I think Sov Russia was ugly because they didn't care...
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6774|132 and Bush

Block and stucco is pretty much the standard here. Inside it's drywall. ..OFC?

Jesus, can you imagine remodeling a house that is entirely block? Every wall is load bearing..lol.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
ghettoperson
+1,943|6823

All our houses are solid concrete here. It's nice tbh, means the floors don't creak. It just means you need a proper drill if you plan on mounting anything to the wall.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6774|132 and Bush

Our foundations are concrete. No creaks here. My house is rated for a cat 4 hurricane and the interior is (frame/drywall).
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Sydney
2λчиэλ

ghettoperson wrote:

All our houses are solid concrete here. It's nice tbh, means the floors don't creak. It just means you need a proper drill if you plan on mounting anything to the wall.
lol, I had to rape my wall to mount my VESA mount.

Constantly hitting reinforcement iron
Reciprocity
+721|6754|the dank(super) side of Oregon
europeans live in bunkers. 

Dilbert_X wrote:

then it's a good thing I don't live in a 3rd world country or Detroit.

Last edited by Reciprocity (2010-04-06 17:52:44)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Kmarion wrote:

Jesus, can you imagine remodeling a house that is entirely block? Every wall is load bearing..lol.
A) Not all block walls are necessarily loadbearing, Putting in RSJs is epic fun BTW, I'll find some pics Anyway, I hate drywall - crap sound and thermal insulation, cracks all the time. I'd consider two layer drywall but not single.

B) If your wife tells you to remodel the house its your hard luck, just get on with it, blubbing about how hard it is just seems to make them dream up even more jobs.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2010-04-06 19:05:49)

Fuck Israel
ruisleipa
+149|6396|teh FIN-land

ghettoperson wrote:

?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e1/Albania_bunkers.jpg
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6838|NT, like Mick Dundee

Spark wrote:

Flecco wrote:

Sydney wrote:

@ Spark.
Polished concrete can look really nice. I think Sov Russia was ugly because they didn't care...
Rendered walls look great too. Tis besides the point.

Also, polished concrete is very, very easy to fuck up. As are those trippy coloured concrete finishes.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|6173|Vortex Ring State

Sydney wrote:

Concrete roof tbh.

Concrete foundation, concrete walls, concrete roof.

Conrete ftw!
Bunkerhaus.

Sounds like the plans for an air raid bunker lulz.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6774|132 and Bush

Dilbert_X wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

A) Not all block walls are necessarily loadbearing, Putting in RSJs is epic fun BTW, I'll find some pics Anyway, I hate drywall - crap sound and thermal insulation, cracks all the time. I'd consider two layer drywall but not single.

B) If your wife tells you to remodel the house its your hard luck, just get on with it, blubbing about how hard it is just seems to make them dream up even more jobs.
Depends on what grade of insulation you use. I have at least R-40 in my walls, R-60 in my attic, and radiant barrier on my roof. Heavily insulated drywall is actually more efficient than concrete. If you've got cracks you're using shitty, most likely cheap drywall. I did however get settling cracks on the exterior of my house, the concrete. It's inevitable in Fl, easy to fix.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
LividBovine
The Year of the Cow!
+175|6553|MN

Kmarion wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Depends on what grade of insulation you use. I have at least R-40 in my walls, R-60 in my attic, and radiant barrier on my roof. Heavily insulated drywall is actually more efficient than concrete. If you've got cracks you're using shitty, most likely cheap drywall. I did however get settling cracks on the exterior of my house, the concrete. It's inevitable in Fl, easy to fix.
How thick are your walls?  Normal fiberglass bats of R-38 are 13 inches deep.
"The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation" - Barack Obama (a freshman senator from Illinios)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard