Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5178|Sydney
Haha! I always wanted to be Les Claypool, lel. It's great having a lineup like that but the clashes are just part and parcel of it all.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6537|Long Island, New York
Queens of the Stone Age at Terminal 5 on 3/25 Playing their self-titled debut album in it's entirety.

That'll be 2 concerts at Terminal 5 within 2 days
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6631|949

beach house tomorrow

toro y moi coming up soooooooooon
Jaekus
+957|5178|Sydney

Poseidon wrote:

Queens of the Stone Age at Terminal 5 on 3/25 Playing their self-titled debut album in it's entirety.

That'll be 2 concerts at Terminal 5 within 2 days
I'm seeing QOTSA on the 26/2 at Soundwave
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6721|Sydney, Australia
Michael Bublé tonight.. with a friend
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6473|6 6 4 oh, I forget

The Qemists are coming to Provinssirock too. What I've listened so far on youtube sounds pretty ok.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
Strokes announced a concert the day before LCD Soundsystem's final... so now, within 2 weeks:

QOTSA
LCD Soundsystem
The Strokes
Holy Ghost!

All for less than $250

Jaekus
+957|5178|Sydney

mcminty wrote:

Nice one

I discovered last week a girl who I'm FB friends with and played in a band with years ago (late 90s) is MB's stylist and personal assistant. I tried catching up with her when they were in Brisbane and she asked for my number, said she'd call/text, but never did
Ultrafunkula

Poseidon wrote:

All for less than $250

250?!?!

Jesus Christ, I thought we had expensive festivals!!
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Ultrafunkula wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

All for less than $250

250?!?!

Not a festival. QOTSA and LCD Soundsystem will be at Terminal 5 on separate days, The Strokes will be at MSG, Holy Ghost! will be at the theatre in Williamsburg.  The Terminal 5 concerts are $40 and (supposedly) $35 each, Strokes concert will be around $160 (most I'm spending, at least), Holy Ghost is only $10.
mcminty

Jaekus wrote:

mcminty wrote:

Nice one

I discovered last week a girl who I'm FB friends with and played in a band with years ago (late 90s) is MB's stylist and personal assistant. I tried catching up with her when they were in Brisbane and she asked for my number, said she'd call/text, but never did
I think I read that somewhere on this forum :p Shame she didn't call

Ultrafunkula wrote:

How expensive are your festivals? My ticket for Future Music Festival was $160...
Jaekus
+957|5178|Sydney
Both my tix from the BDO last month and Soundwave next weekend were also $160...

And yeah, I was a little disappointed. She had said her schedule is crazy busy though, so I understand.

Last edited by Jaekus (2011-02-16 15:28:58)

menzo
̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏&#
+616|6446|Amsterdam‫

mcminty wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

mcminty wrote:

Nice one

I think I read that somewhere on this forum :p Shame she didn't call

Ultrafunkula wrote:

How expensive are your festivals? My ticket for Future Music Festival was $160...
mysteryland was €60 here, it had tiesto, axwell (he was super shit) boys noize and like 100 more
https://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee37/menzo2003/fredbf2.png
Ultrafunkula

Poseidon wrote:

Ultrafunkula wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

All for less than $250

250?!?!

Not a festival. QOTSA and LCD Soundsystem will be at Terminal 5 on separate days, The Strokes will be at MSG, Holy Ghost! will be at the theatre in Williamsburg.  The Terminal 5 concerts are $40 and (supposedly) $35 each, Strokes concert will be around $160 (most I'm spending, at least), Holy Ghost is only $10.
Ah, ok. Well the Provinssirock 3 day ticket is 112EUR aka $152 atm.
mcminty
Just got back from Michael Bublé.

Just. wow.

His voice, the spectacle and showmanship, and his interaction with the crowd make it one of my fav concerts ever. It sure beats any trance/metal/rock stuff that I've seen.

And damn those older women are fucking mental. Michael says "ok, a little quiet please" to which a women replies by screaming "fuck meeeeee!" But he was seriously a champ with the audience. After the beginning number, he spotted a girl, maybe 12-13, holding a sign in the front section. He stopped the show, and got her up the front so he could sign the sign and let her get a picture with him. By how white she had turned, I think he made her year

https://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/183038_10150188350569616_508019615_8920791_6684153_n.jpg

https://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/183909_10150188352594616_508019615_8920800_5289607_n.jpg
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6439|Brisbane, Australia

Poseidon wrote:

Last ever concert for LCD Soundsystem. Sad.
They said that about a concert in Australia 7 months ago and have done plenty since then so I wouldnt be too worried.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6470
hahahahahahahaha mcminty

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahaahahah
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
Got my Strokes tickets today Not bad, $60 each (for myself and a friend). Section 310.

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/19022/viewfrommsg.png

Last edited by Poseidon (2011-02-18 09:50:43)

KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6631|949

not too bad at all.  Although, I dislike when you have assigned seating at concerts like that.  Where are you supposed to dance, the aisles?

trying to get local natives tickets for 2/26
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

not too bad at all.  Although, I dislike when you have assigned seating at concerts like that.  Where are you supposed to dance, the aisles?

i'm sure it'll eventually divulge into the whole place going crazy, not really worried

next up is one of the LCD soundsystem concerts at terminal 5, tix were just announced to go on sale tuesday.

https://www.brooklynvegan.com/img/music/justiceterminal5.jpg

that was when justice was there... I can't wait

Last edited by Poseidon (2011-02-18 14:50:59)

Jaekus
+957|5178|Sydney

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Depends. I saw Tool seated and it was great, really could absorb the whole show, though there were gold and silver standing zones.

And the night before I'd been on the front barrier at a the Big Day Out (one of Australia's biggest music festivals) watching Tool
Hooch Pandersnatch
I like shoes
+26|6122|West Aus
Just got in from Good Vibrations, festival itself was mediocre but Fat Freddy's Drop and Phoenix were decent. Half price ticket money well spent.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
Got my LCD soundsystem tix today. 3/29. That week is going to be fucking insane for me. It's too bad I didn't have enough money for QOTSA as well, but they're only playing their self titled album for that concert. Probably my least favorite of theirs.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6470
i have never ever been to a gig / live event and had seats/stalls... it just feels wrong. it's a gig, not the opera.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6631|949

Uzique wrote:

i have never ever been to a gig / live event and had seats/stalls... it just feels wrong. it's a gig, not the opera.
first time i saw arcade fire was at a venue with seats.  There's all these pretentious hollywood fags in the stands enjoying their seats, and then my friends and I smoking a fat joint and grooving down in the aisles.  It just ain't the same.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard