eleven bravo
+1,399|5276|foggy bottom
man I should totally be a lobbyist
Tu Stultus Es
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6565|San Diego, CA, USA
This is all a ruse for Obama to pass `Cap n' Tax`.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6691|Canberra, AUS

Harmor wrote:

This is all a ruse for Obama to pass `Cap n' Tax`.
'cos if in doubt, accuse conspiracy
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
ruisleipa
+149|6239|teh FIN-land

Turquoise wrote:

Granted, getting it to work in a market as fucked up as ours is nigh impossible.  Between greedy insurance companies, corrupt pharmaceutical companies, ambulance chasing lawyers, and a remarkably unhealthy populace, we have a nightmare of a healthcare market.
true dat. some countries are just becoming ungovernable. The US is one of them.
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5254|Cleveland, Ohio

Turquoise wrote:

we have a nightmare of a healthcare market.
compared to what?  we have free healthcare if you are poor.  and healthcare if you can pay.  you just like to cry for the sake of crying.  if we had UHC would be crying about the high taxes and waste involved in that.

Last edited by 11 Bravo (2010-04-04 04:10:09)

Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6422|North Carolina

11 Bravo wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

we have a nightmare of a healthcare market.
compared to what?  we have free healthcare if you are poor.  and healthcare if you can pay.  you just like to cry for the sake of crying.  if we had UHC would be crying about the high taxes and waste involved in that.
Hey, don't ask me.  Ask doctors who pay absurd rates for malpractice insurance.

My point is that we seem to have the only system where we have major poverty issues, massive corruption issues with insurance providers, massive corruption issues with pharmaceutical companies, ridiculously high treatment and medication costs, really unhealthy people, and out of control legal costs all at once.

Most systems have problems with a few of the above, but it's hard to find another country in the developed world as dysfunctional or with this same combination of problems.

Last edited by Turquoise (2010-04-04 11:49:57)

ghettoperson
+1,943|6666

mtb0minime wrote:

tuckergustav wrote:

Offshore wind farms!!!!!!  Let's do that instead.
^ This. Actually a few years back I had to contribute to a research paper and my little section was on wind energy. It's out there ready for the farming, but people are so caught up in the aesthetics of it and would rather have a brown layer of pollution obscuring their view than a few windmills.

And we need many small nuclear power plants, too.
Problem with offshore is that it costs $2 million per MW vs $1million for onshore so most people would rather go for the cheaper option.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard