CameronPoe
+2,925|6556

lowing wrote:

This quote is a famous cherry pick of those trying to dispel Jesus as anything except "righteous". In context, what he was saying was, in following him, and abandoning the traditions of the family, strife would be result within that family. He has not advocated  the destruction of family.

As far as Muhammad there is no interpretation as to what he did in action and what he taught. He WAS a murderer and there is no denying it. He advocated killing to further the cause of Islam.
That's your interpretation. I just read the whole shebang. You can draw many many interpretations. Interpretation. Thank you. His view from what I gather is that unrepentent sinners should be burned in the fires of hell. Not exactly lovey dovey shit. I love these old books - anyone can cherry pick anything.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2010-03-31 16:08:40)

eleven bravo
+1,399|5260|foggy bottom
now that we've established lowing's knowledge of biblical text we could also further establish the fact that lowing's prior signature was calling for the death of the President of the US
Tu Stultus Es
CameronPoe
+2,925|6556

eleven bravo wrote:

now that we've established lowing's knowledge of biblical text we could also further establish the fact that lowing's prior signature was calling for the death of the President of the US
lowing forgot the context I think (or never had a fucking clue about the context in the first place, probably google searched a odd bible quote justification site). Not joking here but the previous two lines, that I have here in front of me on my lap are:

"Do not suppose that I come to bring peace, but a sword."

I suppose that's a 'sword of love'?

In honesty, the context I read it in having been raised as a Christian and taught along certain lines, would be that JC wasn't interested in making the world perfect and serenely harmonious, just bringing as many people over into his army of the righteous so that upon the 'day of judgement' he would have saved as many as possible from the 'wrath of God'. But of course, that's just my interpretation.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2010-03-31 16:16:41)

Morpheus
This shit still going?
+508|6000|The Mitten
also, can someone explain to me the difference between muslim and islam?
EE (hats
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

CameronPoe wrote:

But I liked Call of Juarez too!
CameronPoe
+2,925|6556

Morpheus wrote:

One's a human the other is a religion.
Morpheus
This shit still going?
+508|6000|The Mitten

CameronPoe wrote:

Morpheus wrote:

right, but I mean, isn't a muslim a follower of islam? Because it seemed to me that a certain user with a slightly-off sense of context made them into two entirely unrelated things...
EE (hats
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

eleven bravo wrote:

really? It did not say that at all. but hey, what do you expect form a guy that insists that talking about social issues witin a community makes you a racist.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

Morpheus wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Morpheus wrote:

right, but I mean, isn't a muslim a follower of islam? Because it seemed to me that a certain user with a slightly-off sense of context made them into two entirely unrelated things...
Yup a "certain user" has. a Musli is an individual, judged individually. I do not care what anyone calls themselves, they are judged by their actions.

I am right here, you are allowed to address me by the way.
Morpheus
This shit still going?
+508|6000|The Mitten

lowing wrote:

Morpheus wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Yup a "certain user" has. a Musli is an individual, judged individually. I do not care what anyone calls themselves, they are judged by their actions.

But without any muslims there would be no islam, except in history books.
EE (hats
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

CameronPoe wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

lowing forgot the context I think (or never had a fucking clue about the context in the first place, probably google searched a odd bible quote justification site). Not joking here but the previous two lines, that I have here in front of me on my lap are:

I suppose that's a 'sword of love'?

In honesty, the context I read it in having been raised as a Christian and taught along certain lines, would be that JC wasn't interested in making the world perfect and serenely harmonious, just bringing as many people over into his army of the righteous so that upon the 'day of judgement' he would have saved as many as possible from the 'wrath of God'. But of course, that's just my interpretation.
and yet Jesus never carried a sword, or killed anyone. hmmmmmmm so much for literal "interpretations"
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

Morpheus wrote:

lowing wrote:

Morpheus wrote:

But without any muslims there would be no islam, except in history books.
and the point being?

I do not advocate the punishment of an entire group of PEOPLE for the actions of others. I do however condemn the religion and the messenger they have chosen to worship.

Just because you call yourself a Muslim or a Christian does not make you a Muslim or a CHristian. Following the teachings of that religion is the only way to qualify you as a follower of it.

A Muslim who does not follow the teaching of Muhammad, regardless as to what they claim, is not following Islam. 
and a Christian who does not follow the teachings of Christ is not following Chriatianity.

Last edited by lowing (2010-03-31 18:49:26)

eleven bravo
+1,399|5260|foggy bottom
lowing if one of your children decided to marry a black person would you have a problem with that?
Tu Stultus Es
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

eleven bravo wrote:

lowing if one of your children decided to marry a black person would you have a problem with that?
Absolutely not. I see nothing wrong with inter-racial relationships.

I love my children. If my boys came home and told me they were gay, it would not matter to me. I would never turn my back on my sons unless they did something maliciously and on purpose to harm another person. I raise my sons to respect and to accept responsibility for their actions. I will hold them to it as I do everyone else.

Last edited by lowing (2010-03-31 19:02:43)

jsnipy
+3,276|6523|...

lowing wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

Absolutely not.

I love my children. If my boys came home and told me they were gay. It would not matter to me. I would never turn my back on my sons unless they did something maliciously and on purpose to harm another person.

I raise my sons to respect and to accept responsibility for their actions. I will hold them to it as I do everyone else.
How about gay AND marrying a black guy?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6652|USA

jsnipy wrote:

lowing wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

Absolutely not.

I love my children. If my boys came home and told me they were gay. It would not matter to me. I would never turn my back on my sons unless they did something maliciously and on purpose to harm another person.

I raise my sons to respect and to accept responsibility for their actions. I will hold them to it as I do everyone else.
White, black or purple, I will question my sons judgement on appearance, attitude, and actions. If he brought home a sagger ( white or black) or some body pierced pin head (white or black) then I would have a problem. Never because of race.

Last edited by lowing (2010-03-31 18:46:41)

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6717
Michigan lol.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Morpheus
This shit still going?
+508|6000|The Mitten

Cybargs wrote:

Michigan lol.
eh?
EE (hats
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6717

Morpheus wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

Michigan lol.
eh?
Much of Michigan sucks.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Morpheus
This shit still going?
+508|6000|The Mitten

Cybargs wrote:

Morpheus wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

Michigan lol.
eh?
Much of Michigan sucks.
East side, mostly...

uh, except for you in Lansing... *COUGH*TUCKER*COUGH*...

the west side is doin kinda okay... ish...
EE (hats
mikkel
+383|6602

Cybargs wrote:

Morpheus wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

Michigan lol.
eh?
Much of Michigan sucks.
I don't get this - are you from the U.S.?
Marlo Stanfield
online poker tax cheating
+122|5164

mikkel wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

Morpheus wrote:

eh?
Much of Michigan sucks.
I don't get this - are you from the U.S.?
Michigan is sorta like NJ, people who have never been there think it's crap because they beleive everything they see on TV.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5260|foggy bottom

lowing wrote:

jsnipy wrote:

lowing wrote:

Absolutely not.

White, black or purple, I will question my sons judgement on appearance, attitude, and actions. If he brought home a sagger ( white or black) or some body pierced pin head (white or black) then I would have a problem. Never because of race.
how about gay, black AND muslim
Tu Stultus Es
Morpheus
This shit still going?
+508|6000|The Mitten

eleven bravo wrote:

lowing wrote:

jsnipy wrote:

how about gay, black AND muslim
no no, MUSLIMS are ok, it's the ISLAMICS you need to watch out for...
EE (hats
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6646

13/f/taiwan wrote:

Religion of Peace
thats just one portion plus u know Christianity is subdivided just like any other religion and there are good and bad people in every religion and to speculate that everyone is like that its just stupid...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard