MACsgotagun
+0|6650
What's next? Start downloading hacks to combat those that cheat? Plain and simple, its an exploit. Do you think Dice/Digital Illusions PLANNED for people to reach inaccessible areas by exploding themselves? No. It's extremely unrealistic, and its exploiting a bug.

PLUS not everyone knows that it is a bug. If only 500 out of 1,000,000 players know, not many can "knife them in the back" to begin with. It's a matter of unfair advantage. The guy that was on the Hotel roof...Could drop nades down on people trying to capp the flag. There is little one can do to prevent that, unless you happen to know the bug, and happen to be Spec Ops.

Last edited by Cyberwolf (Yesterday 13:40:59)

OMG some people are just pitiful. Create a squad , and ask for a arty drop on the building ,or if there is no commander so much the better APPLY!  My God  it's not complicated. Some call it cheating I call it being resourceful. Wall glitching is wall glitching and needs reported as such. This was FF turned off and the squad leader used c-4 to boost himself to the top. It's a old BF 1942 trick a lot used ,and guess what? , the whiners bitched so much EA patched it and took IMHO some of the crazy fun we used to have out of the game.  Here is an idea Spawn as a special opps guy ,boost your self up somewhere nearby with C-4 , and  create your own squad and own the dude on the roof. It takes as much effort to do that as it does to find a forum to cry on.
ComradeWho
+50|6697|Southern California
wait a second - if FF was off then it couldn't be a ranked server, and as such nothing was in jeopardy right? So what the fuck. The whole purpose of unranked servers is to have fun and do things you're not allowed to do otherwise. Jesus christ cyberwolf, get a life.
MACsgotagun
+0|6650
Well unfortunately I think this server was ranked ,which means either the people who rented it did not read the rules of having a ranked server or they did and choose to ignore it. But the point is as I have said in other forum the terms Cheat, padder,glitcher are overused and worn out. I wish someone from EA would put out a official definition of cheater ,padder ,and glitcher for all to read and use before accusing someone of such things.

Last edited by MACsgotagun (2006-02-13 12:35:39)

Limaidor
+0|6650
HEy guys its me limaidor

First of all i will tell u i was not cheating. It is allowed to be on the building maybe not inside one but on top is allowed.
It is recommended to leave FF on so its your own fault if you leave it off.
If it wasn't allowed to use c4 for this kinds of things they would have had a solution to it like you die if you get higher than a set amount.
And last there is a difference between -TSF- en .TsF. its not the same tag and it is not the same clan so stop comparing those to.
Chowley
+1|6688|Ireland
Ok all of you people saying its an exploit or a glitch, please stop its not.

What is an exploit ? Its the use of a bug for your advantage.

C4 is meant to blow a body dead or alive way up in the air. If ff is off they survive and still fly up in the air. How is the physics of the game still being applicable to a non-friendly fire server a bug?

Have you ever seen any rule against being on a certain building? Not server rules i mean from EA.

Its not a bug, its not an exploit, stop pissing and moaning over everything.
mUnKi_UnKel
+7|6702|State of Confusion
Ok, I read all of this and it looks like it is finally heading to the proper conclusion.  Sounds like we have here a ranked server that was mis-configured with FF off.  That is all.  That someone took advantage of this ROE violation, I see no issue unless the rooftop guy was in collusion with the server operators to specifically help him get to that roof.  That is a violation of the ROE as I read it.  Is there any proof of that conspiracy between the admins and the rooftop guy?
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6835

oaKenfoLd wrote:

My clanmate Sirius thought he was getting shots of TFS clan, but it turns out it was the same knobs as pictured here.  On Karkand, and in there.

He joined their squad and spawned on them, and used voip and told them they should lock the squad if they're going to sploit lol.

http://www.khaclan.com/modules/gallery/ … een000.png

Better image quality on this link in my gallery:

http://www.khaclan.com/modules/gallery/ … /screen000

Thanks to =KHA= Sirius for the heads up.
Interesting.. That guy is lying to you.. You can't spawn on people inside a glitch, you'll spawn outside of the building. I've tried before. Your little friend sirius lied to hide the fact that he glitched.
-=|BW|=-Hollow_Moon
+5|6757

Cyberwolf wrote:

Typical DUH arrogance and ignorance...Oh well! I ensure I was banned from BHD by bad mouthing a Nova Admin while present in a server due to the upcoming release of BF2. I knew I wouldn't be tempted to playing more BHD if I couldn't access it! However I don't need to justify why or why not to you. Simply because I don't care about you or your washed up squad of uber geeks.
Then why should That clan have to justify themselves to you for the same reason?
-=|BW|=-Hollow_Moon
+5|6757
You can disable any aspect of friendly fire (Even more so with 1.2) & still keep the server ranked. While it is technicaly a glitch because I doubt DICE intended people to take advantage of the game this way, its not against the rules. If its such a problem in a server, surely admin would disable it or DICE would patch it.
Cyberwolf
Banned
+14|6694

-=|BW|=-Hollow_Moon wrote:

Cyberwolf wrote:

Typical DUH arrogance and ignorance...Oh well! I ensure I was banned from BHD by bad mouthing a Nova Admin while present in a server due to the upcoming release of BF2. I knew I wouldn't be tempted to playing more BHD if I couldn't access it! However I don't need to justify why or why not to you. Simply because I don't care about you or your washed up squad of uber geeks.
Then why should That clan have to justify themselves to you for the same reason?
They don't. However his post had nothing to do with the topic. They are a Delta Force BHD washed up squad full of arrogant pricks who think they are king shit of a 3 year old game thats non-PB protected....So yeah.
Cyberwolf
Banned
+14|6694

MACsgotagun wrote:

What's next? Start downloading hacks to combat those that cheat? Plain and simple, its an exploit. Do you think Dice/Digital Illusions PLANNED for people to reach inaccessible areas by exploding themselves? No. It's extremely unrealistic, and its exploiting a bug.

PLUS not everyone knows that it is a bug. If only 500 out of 1,000,000 players know, not many can "knife them in the back" to begin with. It's a matter of unfair advantage. The guy that was on the Hotel roof...Could drop nades down on people trying to capp the flag. There is little one can do to prevent that, unless you happen to know the bug, and happen to be Spec Ops.

Last edited by Cyberwolf (Yesterday 13:40:59)

OMG some people are just pitiful. Create a squad , and ask for a arty drop on the building ,or if there is no commander so much the better APPLY!  My God  it's not complicated. Some call it cheating I call it being resourceful. Wall glitching is wall glitching and needs reported as such. This was FF turned off and the squad leader used c-4 to boost himself to the top. It's a old BF 1942 trick a lot used ,and guess what? , the whiners bitched so much EA patched it and took IMHO some of the crazy fun we used to have out of the game.  Here is an idea Spawn as a special opps guy ,boost your self up somewhere nearby with C-4 , and  create your own squad and own the dude on the roof. It takes as much effort to do that as it does to find a forum to cry on.
1) Since FF was off it's hard to "own" them when they are on the same team
2) Since a good chunk of people believe it to be a glitch, I certainly won't be one exploiting it even if it is to kill them.

I don't consider getting to unintentional places as resourceful. Game designers don't want people inside walls...So they people who hack or glitch into them are then resourceful? That's what you post is basically saying.
psychotoxic187
+11|6711
It is not a glitch. Getting inside of a building is a glitch. Also, if EA did not want FF off, the server providers would not give you the option to turn it off while being ranked. Just like you can't change ticket ratio, number of players needed to start, spawn time, and you also cannot password a ranked server. They are in plain view for you to kill them, so it's not an exploit. If they were inside of the building, and you couldn't kill them, then that would be an exploit. FF off keeps the smacktards on a server to a minimum, because they can't tk you for "their" jet or helo. You also do not have to worry about tking your dumbass teammates who think the red skulls mean candy.

Last edited by psychotoxic187 (2006-02-14 08:21:03)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

Cyberwolf wrote:

Well both the Hotel Roof & Train Wreck Roof are totally inaccessable unless you exploit a bug in the game/map. No ladders, no grapple (Non SF map), no aircraft, no near by bldings that would allow you to hopp over to it...Load up Karkand as a local server and looks for those buildings. There isn't any legit explanation for a player being on it. The ONLY explanation is exploiting glitches/bug within the game and/or map.
You can get to the top of the Hotel roof north of the first flag in Karkand merely by jumping from the railing after a running start, and proning. As a jump->prone is possible within the current confines of 1.12, I fail to see how anybody can call it an exploit just because they can't figure it out. While up there, you're still vulnerable to grenades from three sides of the building, bullets from anyone who can see you (especially those on the roof of the building east of you) and, of course, commander artillery.

However, the patch will probably make it impossible to get up there, so I don't think EA gives two flyin' turds. Don't think I won't still try, though.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2006-02-14 08:48:11)

Rommel1l
+2|6666

FrEaK wrote:

whats the wrong in being ontop of a building? they arent in a 100% cover from fire and they cant see through walls in there.... I dont even understand why you make it such a big deal about if someone else plays with different tactics than you.
If i ever see someone glitching (which i've seen a lot),
i dont go crying to some gaming forums that someone used unfair advantages over everyone else on the server.
U know, even using tank is a unfair advantage over any infantries in this game.
And why in the hell EA would ban peoples cd-keys if they use cheats?
Its just a game for gods sake. They didnt give any warnings about cheating in other games such as bf1942 etc. for "using exploits is banned thing and if u do that then your account will be deleted!"
C'mon EA, people are not doing any illegal, they are not stealing, u cant get money by being "good" in this game, so i wonder why so many stupid rules everywhere I go. Even though the ranking system saves you results by gameplay. People have paid for this game, let 'em play it like the way they want. If someone doesnt like the way they play, he/she can always switch for another server! To put it simply: STOP CRYING ABOUT EVERY THING IN THIS GAME, IF YOU ARE NOT HAPPY TO IT THEN YOU DON'T NEED TO PLAY!
You always have people crying about something..... no matter what it is they will find something to bitch about.
LordOfRuin
+1|6708

P3R3K wrote:

Thread starter is such a damn crybaby! Its not like they were invincible up there. I would have whiped out my m95 and made short work of all of them. It isnt even like they were getting an amzing score from doing it! How old are you like 16?
Yea...I just don't get this.  I regularly counter-snipe people with my lowly G36c as a Spec Ops...

Get me once, fine.  I just spawn, maneuver to cover, select single shot POP POP POP...problem solved.

<shrugs>

Much ado about nuthin'...
NuclearBlasted
+8|6695
Actually, in those last two screenshots, they ARE invincible.  Dunno if anyoen else has been up there or not, but there is a spot on the roof you can lie down on and see out through, but not get hit by.  Essentially, its the same thing as glitching inside the building, since you can't get hit at all.  I don't care how you want to put it, getting on top of that building and glitching inside that little area (where you see the two names in the last pic) is glitching, just as much as getting inside the hotel at Karkand.

Also, you can't hit them with artillery on top of that building when they are inside that little invincible area.  You people who whine about other people whining should shut up unless you know what you're talking about.

Last edited by NuclearBlasted (2006-02-14 15:18:19)

monkeyboy
+8|6667
FFS rocket jumping was a glitch in 1996.... when it first appeared in quake. Ever since then it's something developers chose to include.
-=DRACO-Krusty
Deranged Klown
+21|6845|TX
http://www.secretsofbattlefield.com/karkand8.php 

http://media.putfile.com/karkand-roof

does not look like a glitch at the hotel if you can jump over to the rooftop with good timing.  anyone can kill you up there just like any other roof top.
kalas
+-1|6651
i hate the TFS servers they have sooooooooooooooooooo many hackers...you get shot through walls(spinning tank head) people seem to fly and not die when shot by the scar-l at points blank and the enemy doesnt notice
SWAT_Gunzz
+3|6648
actually I don't see anything wrong with some of the roofs that are complained about. For instance...getting on the roof of the building right next to the hotel flag is not a glitch like many of you are calling it. the graphics are all finished and defined up there and if it was not meant to me accessed this would not be the case. I have been up there many times myself by simply jumping across from the building roof located behind it. Mind you I (we0 do not use c4 and friendly fire is turned on.
No cheats, no glitches, just some old fashion know how and skill.
Here are some of the images of us.
https://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f356/SWAT_Gunzz/hotelroof5.jpg
https://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f356/SWAT_Gunzz/hotelroof3.jpg
https://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f356/SWAT_Gunzz/hotelroof2.jpg
https://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f356/SWAT_Gunzz/hotelroof1.jpg
Not
Great success!
+216|6578|Chandler, AZ
This is back by the way. As of April 28, roof glitching is still going on. There were four people glitching the building by the train accident tonight. Just thought everyone should know. They weren't using C4 to do it either, because we tried that, and FF was on. It was a teamkill. Anyone want to explain this one away, or can we be satisfied calling it an exploit? What baffles me is how they got that high in a building without the use of C4.

Last edited by Not (2006-04-28 01:22:23)

CrazeD
+368|6675|Maine

SuB wrote:

here's a thought put ff on, problem solved.. can't get up there.. YES they exploited but if ur so hot about it turn ff off?! this gets rid of 99% of the glitching we find

edit : oh and freak u CAN see thru the walls up there its totaly invulnerable if u go inside it so stfu
You can get up there with FF on aswell.

I don't think DICE planned for someone to jump ontop of a Vodnik and get ontop of buildings either, but that doesn't make it an exploit. I'm sure DICE knew people could get onto a building when they coded BF2, stop whining about it. Find a different server to play on.

You want to make people "aware of an exploit" that number one, isn't an exploit, and number two you don't even tell them anything about it. All you say is people are ontop of a building. That causes confusion. Just tell them, you throw C4 down and blast yourself up. It's no secret, anyone who has played BF2 for more than a week and is smart enough to tie their shoes should be able to figure this one out.

There are tons of things in BF2 that the designers didn't exactly anticipate, but that doesn't make them exploits. Exploits are a flaw in the design that make undesired things happen. I'm sure the coders knew what would happen when they set the C4 to blast you in the air when FF was off.

Plus, out of all the things wrong with BF2.. you can't think of anything better to whine about, than a bunch of people C4 jumping onto a roof? PPffftttt
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6771|Human Meat Shield
Yeah, the C4ing is no big deal as artillery and snipers and basically anything can take them out, it's basically a version of Special Forces without the grappling hook or zipper. So to me it's no big deal if people want to waste thier C4 and make a squad on top of buildings, the commander will have a heyday, and so will snipers, because you know the people up there aren't going anywhere, so just sit back and snipe them out.

One thing I don't like is the Train Station...They can get you but you can't get them. To me that's EA's doing, and yeah, it's an exploit that about 9 squads know about.  Hell it's easy on FF off on Karkand...just take all the flags but the Train station.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard