11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5254|Cleveland, Ohio
cuz they are all on the run.....
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6122|eXtreme to the maX
There weren't many of them to begin with TBH.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
11 Bravo
Banned
lol
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Now there are more of them though.
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6371
Has Obama been a success so far ? very, and consider it's been a little over 1 year.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6421|North Carolina

11 Bravo wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

A lot of the policies are the same, but he's certainly a more capable leader than Bush.
That I can agree with. And the international community likes him a lot as well.
id like to know how you guys figure that.......not the international crap, but the leader part.
He's a much better speaker and diplomat.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Who was the leader, Bush or Cheney?
11 Bravo
Banned

Turquoise wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

That I can agree with. And the international community likes him a lot as well.
id like to know how you guys figure that.......not the international crap, but the leader part.
more like a used car salesman but w/e.
BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6767|Chicago.

11 Bravo wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

That's exactly it. Give him a script, a policy, and some stories to throw at you, you have a very compelling argument. Health-care. Haiti. Bailouts. Energy. Iraq. Taxes.

In this case, you can't go back to him if it breaks. If things don't go according to plan, it's the manufacturer's fault. Someone didn't do their job. Someone messed up. But not the man who sold it to you. Not the man who convinced you that things would be better if you bought into the plan. I have nightmares of there being a public outcry, should health-care not work out (as I fear it won't) and the only people at fault, according to the White House and the media, will be the primary care physicians and the insurance companies.

Nobody will blame the administration who implemented the broken system.

I don't' know about you guys, but I'd go get my money back if someone sold me a piece of shit car.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6788|PNW

Spark wrote:

Could've done better. I still don't agree with him using such extraordinary amounts of political capital on healthcare so early.

If it doesn't, he'll be a failure.
Eh? How does the economy NOT tanking imply failure?
If it doesn't, meaning if health care doesn't float. I thought that didn't need illuminating.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2010-03-30 16:47:40)

Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6691|Canberra, AUS

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Spark wrote:

Could've done better. I still don't agree with him using such extraordinary amounts of political capital on healthcare so early.

If it doesn't, he'll be a failure.
Eh? How does the economy NOT tanking imply failure?
If it doesn't, meaning if health care doesn't float. I thought that didn't need illuminating.
Ah. I missed that logical step there, I assumed you meant good economy => failure which seemed completely contradictory to me.

Last edited by Spark (2010-03-31 01:45:42)

The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6421|North Carolina

BigmacK wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

That's exactly it. Give him a script, a policy, and some stories to throw at you, you have a very compelling argument. Health-care. Haiti. Bailouts. Energy. Iraq. Taxes.

In this case, you can't go back to him if it breaks. If things don't go according to plan, it's the manufacturer's fault. Someone didn't do their job. Someone messed up. But not the man who sold it to you. Not the man who convinced you that things would be better if you bought into the plan. I have nightmares of there being a public outcry, should health-care not work out (as I fear it won't) and the only people at fault, according to the White House and the media, will be the primary care physicians and the insurance companies.

Nobody will blame the administration who implemented the broken system.

I don't' know about you guys, but I'd go get my money back if someone sold me a piece of shit car.
Well, in the case of the healthcare bill, since the public option is gone, most of the problems that will arise will come from insurance companies that are getting a shit ton of pork now.

So, the government is to blame for the pork itself, but the insurance companies are responsible for the lobbying that resulted in the policies of handing out pork.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard