Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6717

LostFate wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

BLdw wrote:

It doesn't matter if they are innocent?
Shit happens and you can't always prove it's wrong.

Imagine all the people possibly convicted of murder who are either dead (Death penalty) or have spent a life in prison for nothing?

This is planet Earth, shit happens.
Hence the expression " Innocent till proven guilty" if you can't fucking prove it stop throwing people in jail.
You're kinda guilty if you lobbed grenades at US troops.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
LostFate
Same shit, Different Arsehole
+95|6486|England

Cybargs wrote:

LostFate wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Imagine all the people possibly convicted of murder who are either dead (Death penalty) or have spent a life in prison for nothing?

Hence the expression " Innocent till proven guilty" if you can't fucking prove it stop throwing people in jail.
Well if you did DO it you;re fucking guilty YES? I'm talking about people who don't even get a trial don't even say it doesn't happen because you know it fucking does.

Plus what are they supposed to do bend over and let you fuck them, when some fuckers come an invade my country ill throw grenades at them to.

Last edited by LostFate (2010-03-23 13:45:08)

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6717

LostFate wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

LostFate wrote:

Well if you did DO it you;re fucking guilty YES? I'm talking about people who don't even get a trial don't even say it doesn't happen because you know it fucking does.

Plus what are they supposed to do bend over and let you fuck them, when some fuckers come an invade my country ill throw grenades at them to.
Most of them do get a fair trial and get transferred out.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/ … ainees.htm
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
BLdw
+27|5172|M104 "Sombrero"

Cybargs wrote:

The news is just as manipulative. How the writers set their tone makes a huge difference in the article. The BBC does a pretty good job trying to keep a voice out and just present what happened.
Just another point of view.

Sh1fty wrote:

Yep. Shit happens. But maybe torturing detainees isn't the best idea to find out whether someone is guilty or not. Torturing is a very bad way to get information anyway.

Cybargs wrote:

Most of them do get a fair trial and get transferred out.
Good choice of words. Most.

How do you know most get that fair trial?

Last edited by BLdw (2010-03-23 14:20:30)

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6717

BLdw wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

The news is just as manipulative. How the writers set their tone makes a huge difference in the article. The BBC does a pretty good job trying to keep a voice out and just present what happened.
How many times do I need to tell you? It is simple manipulation NO MATTER WHAT. Not a point of view but a fact. News always leave out certain information or have specific wording for their articles. Look at the difference between fox news and CNN. Even the BBC is guilty of it but it is to WHAT degree.

Go learn rhetoric.
BLdw
+27|5172|M104 "Sombrero"

Cybargs wrote:

BLdw wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

How many times do I need to tell you? It is simple manipulation NO MATTER WHAT. Not a point of view but a fact. News always leave out certain information or have specific wording for their articles. Look at the difference between fox news and CNN. Even the BBC is guilty of it but it is to WHAT degree.

Go learn rhetoric.
Thanks, I'll go learn.
First you said, documents are easiest way of manipulation. I said it varies by person to person.
Now you said news are just as manipulative, and I said it's just another point of view. I said nothing about news not being manipulative.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5474|Ventura, California

LostFate wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

LostFate wrote:

You make perfect sense /sarcasm

Imagine you living in a shitty country with a ruler who couldn't give a shit about you and literally uses your neighbors to the north as gas fodder.  Then you've got some country who comes in and kills the shitty dictator, and helps build schools, running water, etc.

That's like throwing grenades at the UN for coming into your country and killing the bad guys.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6675|Canberra, AUS

LostFate wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

LostFate wrote:

I think you'll find the initial invasions of both Iraq and Afghanistan had massive popular support within the respective countries. They were absolutely thrilled at seeing us kick out the respective despots... and then less than thrilled when we decided to stick around.

(But I have a feeling these words are completely wasted)
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6717

Spark wrote:

LostFate wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

I think you'll find the initial invasions of both Iraq and Afghanistan had massive popular support within the respective countries. They were absolutely thrilled at seeing us kick out the respective despots... and then less than thrilled when we decided to stick around.

US dicked around too long in Iraq. They didn't plan reconstruction until much later. They lost the support of the Iraqi populace.
ruisleipa
+149|6223|teh FIN-land

M.O.A.B wrote:

BLdw wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

Look up Hell Week of Navy SEAL BUD/S training.
Slightly different thing. I know what I've experienced in army too, but that's not even close to the same thing.
You know what happens when you fall in sleep and minute later you're forced to wake up? Do you know what in long run if this keeps happening?
Is this not torture to you?
I'd put it as more of an annoyance.

I recently couldn't sleep because I had a bad neck, which kept me awake for several nights running. Pain in the arse yes, but not torture.
MOAB are you serious? You had a pain in the neck, it was a bit annoying. but I guess you were sleeping in your own home, without insanely bright lights that kept you awake, without dogs and armed guards, without a bag over your head when you're outside, without the right to correspond to your family, knowing you're innocent of things you haven't even been formally charged with, without not knowing why you were there or even where you were? And lots more besides.

As for the SEALS and whatever, those idiots CHOOSE to go there, it's not remotely the same thing.

Plus I can't believe anyone would argue that waterboarding ISN'T torture.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
I'll argue it isn't physical torture. Yes it's mental torture but that's not the same thing.

Hell men are tortured mentally by women everyday...
Spark
+874|6675|Canberra, AUS

Cybargs wrote:

Spark wrote:

LostFate wrote:

US dicked around too long in Iraq. They didn't plan reconstruction until much later. They lost the support of the Iraqi populace.
That and a lack of troops on the ground, tbh.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
LostFate
+95|6486|England

Spark wrote:

Every single one.

Just like mine on you.

Last edited by LostFate (2010-03-24 06:07:12)

M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6223|Escea

ruisleipa wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

BLdw wrote:

Slightly different thing. I know what I've experienced in army too, but that's not even close to the same thing.
You know what happens when you fall in sleep and minute later you're forced to wake up? Do you know what in long run if this keeps happening?
Is this not torture to you?
I'd put it as more of an annoyance.

I recently couldn't sleep because I had a bad neck, which kept me awake for several nights running. Pain in the arse yes, but not torture.
MOAB are you serious? You had a pain in the neck, it was a bit annoying. but I guess you were sleeping in your own home, without insanely bright lights that kept you awake, without dogs and armed guards, without a bag over your head when you're outside, without the right to correspond to your family, knowing you're innocent of things you haven't even been formally charged with, without not knowing why you were there or even where you were? And lots more besides.
Its been said before and I'll repeat it. Those people are not there for just any old reason.
ruisleipa
+149|6223|teh FIN-land

M.O.A.B wrote:

Its been said before and I'll repeat it. Those people are not there for just any old reason.
No, a lot of them were there because they'd pissed off the head man in their village , or a neighbouring warlord. Or because they were mistakenly identified. Or because some bloke wanted to shag their wife and told the US they wre a 'terrorist' and the US couldn't be arsed checking. True, a few might even be there because they actually carried out some kind of attacks on US troops - who themselves were there illegally, and then imprisoned people illegally, and tortured them, and so on. Again, I can't understand why anyone would want to try defending Gitmo.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
"True, a few..."

You idiot
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6223|Escea

ruisleipa wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

No, a lot of them were there because they'd pissed off the head man in their village , or a neighbouring warlord. Or because they were mistakenly identified. Or because some bloke wanted to shag their wife and told the US they wre a 'terrorist' and the US couldn't be arsed checking. True, a few might even be there because they actually carried out some kind of attacks on US troops - who themselves were there illegally, and then imprisoned people illegally, and tortured them, and so on. Again, I can't understand why anyone would want to try defending Gitmo.
So why isn't every Arab being picked up? There's plenty who've said bad things about the U.S, but they haven't ended up in Camp Delta.

But that's besides the point. Gitmo is not, by a massive longshot, the worst place for someone to be held. Period.

Considering the inmates are fed, looked after, have somewhere to sleep and even get a Koran to practice the faith some of them have skewered view of.

A significant number have also been released, some of whom decided the best way to celebrate their freedom was to go and do the same thing they said they weren't doing.
Spark
+874|6675|Canberra, AUS

LostFate wrote:

Spark wrote:

Every single one.

Just like mine on you.
yes because they are completely bereft of something called "logic"

for fuck's sake within 20 minutes you claim WHO as the stalwart of incontrovertible evidence, then dismiss a WHO-sponsored study as propaganda... and then claim its purity again!

but of course it's too inconvenient of you to consider the possibility that america isn't the source of pure evil that you've doublethought yourself to believe it is.
~ Richard Feynman
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6717

Spark wrote:

LostFate wrote:

Spark wrote:

Every single one.

Just like mine on you.
yes because they are completely bereft of something called "logic"

for fuck's sake within 20 minutes you claim WHO as the stalwart of incontrovertible evidence, then dismiss a WHO-sponsored study as propaganda... and then claim its purity again!

but of course it's too inconvenient of you to consider the possibility that america isn't the source of pure evil that you've doublethought yourself to believe it is.
SHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhh he doesn't know that he's not next on the CIA capture list
ruisleipa
+149|6223|teh FIN-land

-Sh1fty- wrote:

"True, a few..."

You idiot
What a brilliant response! Well done, that was really great, you really came back at me with an awesome argument and presented me with evidence that my point of view was incorrect. Great! This is what DS&T is for!

Oh wait....

No it was just shit.

M.O.A.B wrote:

So why isn't every Arab being picked up? There's plenty who've said bad things about the U.S, but they haven't ended up in Camp Delta.

But that's besides the point. Gitmo is not, by a massive longshot, the worst place for someone to be held. Period.

Considering the inmates are fed, looked after, have somewhere to sleep and even get a Koran to practice the faith some of them have skewered view of.

A significant number have also been released, some of whom decided the best way to celebrate their freedom was to go and do the same thing they said they weren't doing.
Whether or not 'every Arab' is being picked up there are still (or have been) a lot of gitmo inmates who are just innocent and keopt there without trial, tortured etc. Along with other 'suspects' in other US/CIA run prisons over the world in some of America's less salubrious allies. The question of whether every Arab who expresses anti-US sentiment (only Arabs? Bit of racism perhaps?) is irrelevant, you're right. So is the fact that Gitmo might not be 'the worst' place to be in prison. That has naff-all to do with the practices in place there and the general lack of concern for rights and conventions the US has shown by having that place open, never mind all the other 'secret' prisons and so on. Not like the US in general has the best prison system in the world anyway. Obviously it COULD be worse, but that's not the point, is it?

As for your last point, if you'd been taken from your country by soldiers, not charged with anything, tortured, forced to kneel with a bag over your head, insulted by guards, treated like shit, and imprisoned with some people SOME OF WHOM were probably radical islamists then maybe you get, I dunno, pissed off? And want to take revenge on the country that you believe is illegally in your own country and has locked you up for years away from your family, maybe even so your wife could be raped by your village rivals? Maybe you've now been educated in the ways of making war, and the radicals in prison have used Gitmo as evidence for their argument that the US is the devils country or whatever - and it IS pretty good evidence don't you think? Or would you just leave Gitmo willingly, saying 'yessuh thank you suh fo' educatin' me' and go back to work in the fields. Phew, lucky those uppity blacks did the latter otherwise you wouldn't have slavery anymore! Oh wate...

Last edited by ruisleipa (2010-03-25 00:51:11)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

https://www.osha.gov/SLTC/etools/evacuation/images/cutaway.jpg
4 srs gyz
Spark
+874|6675|Canberra, AUS
tsk tsk tsk

missed foam
~ Richard Feynman
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6223|Escea

ruisleipa wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

Whether or not 'every Arab' is being picked up there are still (or have been) a lot of gitmo inmates who are just innocent and keopt there without trial, tortured etc. Along with other 'suspects' in other US/CIA run prisons over the world in some of America's less salubrious allies. The question of whether every Arab who expresses anti-US sentiment (only Arabs? Bit of racism perhaps?) is irrelevant, you're right. So is the fact that Gitmo might not be 'the worst' place to be in prison. That has naff-all to do with the practices in place there and the general lack of concern for rights and conventions the US has shown by having that place open, never mind all the other 'secret' prisons and so on. Not like the US in general has the best prison system in the world anyway. Obviously it COULD be worse, but that's not the point, is it?
By and large it is Arabs or those of Arabic descent who are imprisoned, even if they aren't the only group incarcerated there. That ain't racist, that's fact, live with it.

ruisleipa wrote:

As for your last point, if you'd been taken from your country by soldiers, not charged with anything, tortured, forced to kneel with a bag over your head, insulted by guards, treated like shit, and imprisoned with some people SOME OF WHOM were probably radical islamists then maybe you get, I dunno, pissed off? And want to take revenge on the country that you believe is illegally in your own country and has locked you up for years away from your family, maybe even so your wife could be raped by your village rivals? Maybe you've now been educated in the ways of making war, and the radicals in prison have used Gitmo as evidence for their argument that the US is the devils country or whatever - and it IS pretty good evidence don't you think? Or would you just leave Gitmo willingly, saying 'yessuh thank you suh fo' educatin' me' and go back to work in the fields. Phew, lucky those uppity blacks did the latter otherwise you wouldn't have slavery anymore! Oh wate...
Ah yes. A government dun me wrong, I'll go blow up a school, or a hospital, or a market, to get revenge.

Doing that gets you nowhere at all and earns you zero sympathy from those who migth've given it to you.

Nothing like a good old, 'ur saying things against non-whites, u be a racist' line to end on though eh?
LostFate
+95|6486|England

M.O.A.B wrote:

Doing that gets you nowhere at all and earns you zero sympathy from those who migth've given it to you.
ahh i love it how you always comes back to you're bullshit.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6223|Escea

LostFate wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

ahh i love it how you always comes back to you're bullshit.
Uh-huh.

Want to explain to me how blowing up a crowd to get to one or two soldiers is reasonable revenge for being imprisoned?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard