><>
+215|5258
downloading now
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6747|Toronto | Canada

Stubbee wrote:

ATG wrote:

Besides, Marines have more man in their left nut than the average internet warrior has in his whole body.

You try marching into artillery fire, machine guns and mine fields.

Second only to Marines in WW2 imo were bomber crews in the Airforce. The bombers crews had even worse odds but acted as a team whereas a lot of individual heroism was found on the battlefield amongst the grunts.

As far as historical accuracy it doesn't get any better than BOB. I have only the experience of all of Ambroses books and having read the entire Time Life encyclopedia of WW2, as well as several POW's and KIAs from WW2 in my family to judge, but hey..
I would like to submit that submariners of any nation had more balls.

1 out of every 5 U.S. Navy submariners was killed in WWII.
3/4 of Japanese submarines sunk,
3/4 of U-boats sunk.
Its a different kind of bravery to fight from a sub than to run into a battle with bullets whizzing around your head.

Not that its any easier or I have less respect for them.  Just different.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5481|Ventura, California

Winston_Churchill wrote:

Stubbee wrote:

ATG wrote:

Besides, Marines have more man in their left nut than the average internet warrior has in his whole body.

You try marching into artillery fire, machine guns and mine fields.

Second only to Marines in WW2 imo were bomber crews in the Airforce. The bombers crews had even worse odds but acted as a team whereas a lot of individual heroism was found on the battlefield amongst the grunts.

As far as historical accuracy it doesn't get any better than BOB. I have only the experience of all of Ambroses books and having read the entire Time Life encyclopedia of WW2, as well as several POW's and KIAs from WW2 in my family to judge, but hey..
I would like to submit that submariners of any nation had more balls.

1 out of every 5 U.S. Navy submariners was killed in WWII.
3/4 of Japanese submarines sunk,
3/4 of U-boats sunk.
Its a different kind of bravery to fight from a sub than to run into a battle with bullets whizzing around your head.

Not that its any easier or I have less respect for them.  Just different.
Must be a sick feeling to be in a bomber or a submarine, knowing you really can't do anything but pray. Sort of like being in a crashing plane or something, that helpless feeling.

Not speaking from experience of course but I'm sure you get the idea.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
Iconic Irony
Bare Back Rough Rider
+189|5284|San Angelo, TX
Shifty and War-Man would be the two guys I would want to share a foxhole with if I had too.

Primarily because if I had to stay in the hole for very long I could eat one of them and use the other as a toilet.

Last edited by Iconic Irony (2010-03-15 10:20:59)

whaaaaaaaaaat
><>
+215|5258
really good. cant wait for the rest
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6505

fuck Warman
kill -Shitfy-
marry Cougar
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6476

burnzz wrote:

fuck Warman
kill -Shitfy-
marry Cougar
fuck Cougar
kill -Sh1tfy-
marry WarMan

Cougar has a habit of divorcing people.
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6481|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Why wasn't I told of this yesterday?!
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6724

JohnG@lt wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

You'll find more Marines who will do that then in the other organisations.
shut the fuck up
There's a reason they are called jarheads... They get their brains removed in training only to be filled back up with a mix of espirit de corps and bravado. Yes, Marines are far more likely to charge headlong into artillery and machine gun fire than pretty much anyone else because pretty much every Marine recruit has a chip on his shoulder and wants to prove that he is the baddest man on the planet. I've met plenty of Marines and they're just... different. They attract a different mindset than any other branch of service does.
I heard Marine parties are awesome. No need for chicks dude, coz marines are so badass they party all night doing push up competitions and drink beer. Not homoerotic at all.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6373|California
I would have warman and shifty with me in the trenches, we could be rolling through them bad guys liek 3 rambos
ya!
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty

=NHB=Shadow wrote:

I would have warman and shifty with me in the trenches, we could be rolling through them bad guys liek 3 rambos
ya!
Karbin
+42|6302

-Sh1fty- wrote:

=NHB=Shadow wrote:

ya!
Never share a Foxhole with someone braver then you.

cl4u53w1t2
Salon-Bolschewist
+269|6481|Kakanien

Karbin wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

=NHB=Shadow wrote:

ya!
Never share a Foxhole with someone braver then you.

Don't you worry, Junior. You're hanging with Audie Murphy here, my man!

Last edited by cl4u53w1t2 (2010-03-15 18:28:05)

=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6373|California
First episode of the Pacific is available to Comcast customers on its tv streaming site Fancast
WATCHING NOW!! YAAA!!
<3 comcast
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6373|California
oh my god that was soo goood
the intro alone with hans zimmer for the music was epic
then came along the episode and thats like two epics
can't wait till next episode!!
edit: also if you are watching from Fancast, you can watch it in HD for free!!

Last edited by =NHB=Shadow (2010-03-16 00:29:25)

ATG
Banned
+5,233|6537|Global Command
Thanks for that link. I was thinking I would have to wait for the boxed set.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
I guess Tom Hanks was right. "You will definitely feel like a big fat pussy when watching this series".
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6373|California
np ATG, good thing i get emails from fancast lol or else i would have never saw it
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6537|Global Command
That was awesome. I like the way eff bombs were dropped right near the start, so you knew they weren't holding back on realism.

The turkey shoot near the end; I didn't understand why the Japs didn't use more stealth in their flanking move? They marched right through machine gun fire.
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6373|California

ATG wrote:

That was awesome. I like the way eff bombs were dropped right near the start, so you knew they weren't holding back on realism.

The turkey shoot near the end; I didn't understand why the Japs didn't use more stealth in their flanking move? They marched right through machine gun fire.
i've seen chinese war movies where japan invades china and both sides charge just like what you saw in The Pacific, i guess its an asian thing, like we show no mercy so we charge with all we got, screw hiding behind trenches and what not and give them all you got!
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6231|Escea

Banzai!
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6373|California
if you seen the chinese war movies from the early times you can see that they just charge
i recommend
Red Cliff and Red Cliff 2, it might have been English dubbed by now, but i prefer you watch it with english subs.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6640|949

I wasn't very impressed.  The cinematography was incomparable to Band Of Brothers, the first episode was ridiculously slow and there wasn't much of an 'awe factor' in general.  I really can't get around the idea that the whole production seemed far too clean, especially in regards to video quality.  I'm hopeful that it will turn around but so far it's too over-the-top dramatic and long-winded for my liking.  I did enjoy the shot of them landing with the Naval fleet in the background though, I think that was really the highlight of the first episode.
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5761|Roma

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

I wasn't very impressed.  The cinematography was incomparable to Band Of Brothers, the first episode was ridiculously slow and there wasn't much of an 'awe factor' in general.  I really can't get around the idea that the whole production seemed far too clean, especially in regards to video quality.  I'm hopeful that it will turn around but so far it's too over-the-top dramatic and long-winded for my liking.  I did enjoy the shot of them landing with the Naval fleet in the background though, I think that was really the highlight of the first episode.
Well i was expecting the first episode to be kind of slow since the first episode of BoB had no action at all.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6505

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

I wasn't very impressed.
JFC, KENNINGS are you trying to out emo Mek? https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/21025/burnzz/hmml.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard