2juk
+12|5148
Not sure if everyone knows about System Requirements Lab because I've seen alot of "can I run it" type of threads but just wanted to clarify that everyone does.

It's a great help when you need the minimum and recommended requirements for almost every game available for PC.  You find the game you want, click "Can You Run It", and install ActiveX.  This will tell you if you can or can't run the chosen game.  If not it will tell you what you need for the game to be able to play on your PC for minimum requirements and recommended.

I know that most of you know about and have been playing PC games since the begining but some people havn't heard about this site.  This is for them.

Link is above ^^
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5149|Sydney
Yeah that's a great site.

Just some advice for those (like me until yesterday) who meet the minimum or just above requirements for BC2: it will run, but not very well at all (fps will be very low and choppy) and will be almost unplayable. You're best going for at least the recommended or above to stand a chance against anyone with a good rig playing this game.
JadedDope
Arizona Bound.
+16|5142|Between your mama's legs.
http://cyri.systemrequirementslab.com/C … lysis.aspx

I was surprised by how low my performance was. I run the game on high settings on 40-60 FPS, nothing lower. I am on a laptop though, I don't know if that might have something to do with it
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6645|Canberra, AUS

JadedDope wrote:

http://cyri.systemrequirementslab.com/CYRI/analysis.aspx

I was surprised by how low my performance was. I run the game on high settings on 40-60 FPS, nothing lower. I am on a laptop though, I don't know if that might have something to do with it
OT but check the sig rules. I'm not good with pixel heights but that looks miles over 40...
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
2juk
+12|5148

Jaekus wrote:

it will run, but not very well at all (fps will be very low and choppy) and will be almost unplayable.
Make sure you have ALL other programs shut down. If you have low ram on your PC shutting everything down could help alot!
Jaekus
+957|5149|Sydney

Spark wrote:

JadedDope wrote:

OT but check the sig rules. I'm not good with pixel heights but that looks miles over 40...
Most likely you're looking at your results, not his. When I click the link it takes me to the "start" page.
2juk
+12|5148

Jaekus wrote:

Spark wrote:

JadedDope wrote:

Most likely you're looking at your results, not his. When I click the link it takes me to the "start" page.
Yeah. Jaekus take a snapshot of your results.

Last edited by 2juk (2010-03-14 19:11:25)

Jaekus
+957|5149|Sydney
I'm at work again till tomorrow, but basically mine are over the recommended system requirements except for my vid card. Didn't have the money to spend on a good one this fortnight, maybe next payday...
Doliss
..I should be studying..
+5|6439|Sterling, VA
i do love that site
Chou
+737|6761
Haven't been there since ages
SplinterStrike
Roamer
+250|6381|Eskimo land. AKA Canada.
Always use it when I'm thinking of getting a game.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6814|Reykjavík, Iceland.
Doesn't work in Linux, gay.
2juk
+12|5148

Sydney wrote:

Doesn't work in Linux, gay.
I've been looking for something like this that will run Linux but no luck I'm still looking though bro
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6714|Reality
love how the recommendations link sends you to Tigerdirect ! lol
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard