Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6625|132 and Bush

They'll be more where that came from.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6495
i could watch videos of the sun losing its shit all day. makes you feel so small. in a good way. one of those carl sagan spark up a joint kinda ways.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6796|PNW

Uzique wrote:

i could watch videos of the sun losing its shit all day.
All its random violence has nothing on Nicholas Cage.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6625|132 and Bush

Kmar wrote:

They'll be more where that came from.
ha. what do ya know

Xbone Stormsurgezz
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6625|132 and Bush

Mars Express is a European Space Agency probe that’s been orbiting the Red Planet since 2003, returning vast amount of data. Lately it’s been taking some amazing images and video of the tiny Martian moon Phobos.
Here's an image of Phobos passing Jupiter.

HD footage here. http://skywatcherz.com/blog/2011/06/18/ … d-jupiter/
Xbone Stormsurgezz
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5498|Ventura, California
Genesis 1:1

KJV

haters
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
presidentsheep
Back to the Fuhrer
+208|5985|Places 'n such
wat?
I'd type my pc specs out all fancy again but teh mods would remove it. Again.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6495
it's shifty 'trolling' us again by taking advantage of how fucking stupid and ignorant he is.

which is, somehow, a sort of satirical play on us with our high-falutin' ideas about science

or something
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6492
What -Sh1tty- is doing is posting the same retarded nonsense he always does, but now when we call him out on it he says that he's been trolling the whole time so it's like, the joke's on us lol!
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6495
only the joke is on him because he's the fucking guy being home-educated with this nonsense away from the keyboard and in real life
eleven bravo
+1,399|5283|foggy bottom
he's so clever
Tu Stultus Es
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6492
Yeah, it's fun to smack talk about -Sh1tty-, but it's kinda sad at the same time because we're the only friends he'll ever have.
presidentsheep
Back to the Fuhrer
+208|5985|Places 'n such
-Sh1tty- is actually a troll account made by stephen hawking just to let off some steam.
I'd type my pc specs out all fancy again but teh mods would remove it. Again.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/internatio … -of-feces/
It's being called the "poop burger". Japanese scientists have found a way to create artificial meat from sewage containing human feces.

Last edited by Kimmmmmmmmmmmm (2011-06-20 14:59:00)

Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6023|...
from the article

Initial tests have people saying it even tastes like beef.
Nice. Probably volunteers for a study, you get to hear that it was flavor enhanced poop after you ate it.

inane little opines
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|6023|Vortex Ring State
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-13809148

those are some tiny hairs...

also shows that pitot tubes are a really... less elegant solution to a similar problem/
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6699|Canberra, AUS
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6625|132 and Bush

When LRO sets its sights on Tycho’s peaks, well… you get a gorgeous panorama like this:

Full size link <-- Really, click this
The peak rises about 2 km (1.2 miles) about the crater floor.
http://lroc.sese.asu.edu/news/index.php … ular!.html
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5203|Sydney
I posted this in the Workout Programs and Diet thread but felt it would be relevant here too:
Low-carb, high-protein diets may reduce tumour growth and cancer risk
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6625|132 and Bush

A team of European astronomers has used ESO’s Very Large Telescope and a host of other telescopes to discover and study the most distant quasar found to date. This brilliant beacon, powered by a black hole with a mass two billion times that of the Sun, is by far the brightest object yet discovered in the early Universe. The results will appear in the 30 June 2011 issue of the journal Nature.

“This quasar is a vital probe of the early Universe. It is a very rare object that will help us to understand how supermassive black holes grew a few hundred million years after the Big Bang,” says Stephen Warren, the study’s team leader.

Quasars are very bright, distant galaxies that are believed to be powered by supermassive black holes at their centres. Their brilliance makes them powerful beacons that may help to probe the era when the first stars and galaxies were forming. The newly discovered quasar is so far away that its light probes the last part of the reionisation era [1].

The quasar that has just been found, named ULAS J1120+0641 [2], is seen as it was only 770 million years after the Big Bang (redshift 7.1, [3]). It took 12.9 billion years for its light to reach us.

.. Although more distant objects have been confirmed (such as a gamma-ray burst at redshift 8.2, eso0917, and a galaxy at redshift 8.6, eso1041), the newly discovered quasar is hundreds of times brighter than these. Amongst objects bright enough to be studied in detail, this is the most distant by a large margin.

The next most-distant quasar is seen as it was 870 million years after the Big Bang (redshift 6.4). Similar objects further away cannot be found in visible-light surveys because their light, stretched by the expansion of the Universe, falls mostly in the infrared part of the spectrum by the time it gets to Earth. The European UKIRT Infrared Deep Sky Survey (UKIDSS) which uses the UK's dedicated infrared telescope [4] in Hawaii was designed to solve this problem. The team of astronomers hunted through millions of objects in the UKIDSS database to find those that could be the long-sought distant quasars, and eventually struck gold.

“It took us five years to find this object,” explains Bram Venemans, one of the authors of the study. “We were looking for a quasar with redshift higher than 6.5. Finding one that is this far away, at a redshift higher than 7, was an exciting surprise. By peering deep into the reionisation era, this quasar provides a unique opportunity to explore a 100-million-year window in the history of the cosmos that was previously out of reach.”
Nice Job http://www.eso.org/public/news/eso1122/
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Jaekus
+957|5203|Sydney
This brilliant beacon, powered by a black hole with a mass two billion times that of the Sun, is by far the brightest object yet discovered in the early Universe.

Last edited by Jaekus (2011-07-04 03:09:32)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6625|132 and Bush

It should help us better understand our cosmic evolution.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Jaekus
+957|5203|Sydney
Indeed. Just the mind boggles at the sheer scale of the universe. It would be like teaching advanced calculus to an ant.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6625|132 and Bush

One of my favorite comparisons comes from the series The Cosmos. There are more stars in the Universe than there are grains of sand on the beaches of earth. Just a handful of sand is much much more than we can see with the unaided eye on a clear night (about 6k).
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Jaekus
+957|5203|Sydney

Kmar wrote:

One of my favorite comparisons comes from the series The Cosmos. There are more stars in the Universe than there are grains of sand on the beaches of earth. Just a handful of sand is much much more than we can see with the unaided eye on a clear night (about 6k).
So basically, by universal standards, we know nothing

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard