Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5999|Vortex Ring State

seymorebutts443 wrote:

I've hit a glass ceiling in it, I have 90% of the medals and i don't want to get the rest. So I'm saying fuck it, I'll go play TF2 instead.
lol I got the pyrohammer within 3 min of firing up TF2 for the first time in 2 months.
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat
+211|6595|Belchertown Massachusetts, USA

Trotskygrad wrote:

seymorebutts443 wrote:

I've hit a glass ceiling in it, I have 90% of the medals and i don't want to get the rest. So I'm saying fuck it, I'll go play TF2 instead.
lol I got the pyrohammer within 3 min of firing up TF2 for the first time in 2 months.
Yeah, i got it yesterday and i started playing it 2 days ago. TBH I'm having way more fun with it then i was in BC2 with the CG.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5358|London, England
I'm fucking tired of people being able to bail out of choppers/tanks because the game gives them a split second to do so before it explodes I've been gipped out of so many AT4 kills it's not even funny

https://www.epiclol.com/4chan/image/595/FUUUU.jpg
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6678|Middle of nowhere

JohnG@lt wrote:

I'm fucking tired of people being able to bail out of choppers/tanks because the game gives them a split second to do so before it explodes I've been gipped out of so many AT4 kills it's not even funny

http://www.epiclol.com/4chan/image/595/FUUUU.jpg
QFT

I remember the first time i got shot out of the chopper I just gave up because i'm used to dying right away, and then 3 seconds later I was like "Wtf?" and then died.

Same thing happened first time in a tank and I got mortared. It made me all like "lol wut"

Edit: What I hate most in this game, more than the CG n00bs and GL n00bs and such, is the terrible autobalancing.

In EVER SINGLE GOD DAMNED SERVER, the teams are ridiculously stacked. I don't understand how that's possible. Seriously, wtf. Like, one team gets all the retards who don't even know what a flag or MCOM is and the other gets all the semi-intelligent people who know how to arm/disarm MCOMs and take flags.

Last edited by genius_man16 (2010-06-14 22:21:18)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

genius_man16 wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

QFT

I remember the first time i got shot out of the chopper I just gave up because i'm used to dying right away, and then 3 seconds later I was like "Wtf?" and then died.

Same thing happened first time in a tank and I got mortared. It made me all like "lol wut"

Edit: What I hate most in this game, more than the CG n00bs and GL n00bs and such, is the terrible autobalancing.

In EVER SINGLE GOD DAMNED SERVER, the teams are ridiculously stacked. I don't understand how that's possible. Seriously, wtf. Like, one team gets all the retards who don't even know what a flag or MCOM is and the other gets all the semi-intelligent people who know how to arm/disarm MCOMs and take flags.
Because it doesn't move individuals, it moves squads. So... most 'stacked' teams have a single uber squad that basically rips everyones head off and if they're moved either way that side becomes 'stacked' Yeah, it's annoying but I think it would be more annoying to have it rip me out of my squad and toss me to the wolves.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6286|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

JohnG@lt wrote:

I think it should be impossible for anyone to bail out of the copters as long as the rotors are spinning tbh
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore

JohnG@lt wrote:

genius_man16 wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

QFT

Because it doesn't move individuals, it moves squads. So... most 'stacked' teams have a single uber squad that basically rips everyones head off and if they're moved either way that side becomes 'stacked' Yeah, it's annoying but I think it would be more annoying to have it rip me out of my squad and toss me to the wolves.
But see it wouldn't have to do that, what it should do is unlock the "Skill level" that they have in the game and autobalance that way. Give Team 1 the best player, Team 2 the second and third, then Team 1 fourth and fifth, etc

Is it perfect? No, but I guarantee it would be better than what they have now.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

genius_man16 wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

genius_man16 wrote:

QFT

But see it wouldn't have to do that, what it should do is unlock the "Skill level" that they have in the game and autobalance that way. Give Team 1 the best player, Team 2 the second and third, then Team 1 fourth and fifth, etc

Why on earth? I dunno about you, but I normally play with my clanmates. I'm on TS with them all the time and we like to run around together in game. By your logic we should never be able to squad up together because the happiness of others is more important than our own happiness.
-Frederick Bastiat
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore

JohnG@lt wrote:

genius_man16 wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Why on earth? I dunno about you, but I normally play with my clanmates. I'm on TS with them all the time and we like to run around together in game. By your logic we should never be able to squad up together because the happiness of others is more important than our own happiness.
Well, if 28 people are happy and 4 aren't, I guess it sucks for you. Besides, I play with my clanmates all the time, and it's not the end of the world if we are on different teams. It just takes a few rounds to be able to switch teams, not really that big of a deal to me. *shrug*
jsnipy
+3,276|6522|...

how do you truly measure skill level?
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6627|UK
https://i48.tinypic.com/2ljg5e9.jpg
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore

jsnipy wrote:

Well the game has a skill level type of stat that it tracks. I can't find the exact formula but it's based off of some function of your K/D ratio, SPM, W/L ratio, and squad score/total score percentage (idk about the last one, but I heard someone mention it so whatever)
jsnipy
+3,276|6522|...

genius_man16 wrote:

jsnipy wrote:

Well the game has a skill level type of stat that it tracks. I can't find the exact formula but it's based off of some function of your K/D ratio, SPM, W/L ratio, and squad score/total score percentage (idk about the last one, but I heard someone mention it so whatever)
Yeah I can't figure that one out either. What would your formula be?

Last edited by jsnipy (2010-06-16 03:28:11)

genius_man16
Platinum Star whore

jsnipy wrote:

genius_man16 wrote:

jsnipy wrote:

Yeah I can't figure that one out either. What would your formula be?
Well my formula would involve the game tracking more stats. Like how many MCOMs you arm/destroy (not just the pins, I can't count how many times I've armed 3 MCOMs in a round, but it doesn't 'register' because you need 4), how many flags you take, etc, and then factor in your K/D ratio and SPM

At least that's how I would do it, I also have some friends who couldn't care less about their K/D ratio as long as they win, but W/L ratio is too dependent on 15 other people, so I don't see why it should be a factor in individual 'skill'

Last edited by genius_man16 (2010-06-16 08:05:22)

TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5904|CA
Love the game on PC, but the starting weapons are shit, I can't keep a positive K/D.  I'll load an enemy full of AEK rounds for him to turn around and drop me in <5 shots from a UMP/M4/M16/M60, etc.  Even when I camp I get outgunned, I don't get it.  How do I rank up and post decent scores if I just keep dieing? 

Never had this problem on PS3, in fact, I can destroy using a default AEK class on PS3.

EDIT: Seems like HC servers are my best bet until I unlock better weapons...

Last edited by TopHat01 (2010-06-18 02:34:07)

11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5237|Cleveland, Ohio
i rammed a blackhawk into an APC last night thus ending the life of the APC and the three occupants.  -skill
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6343

11 Bravo wrote:

i rammed a blackhawk into an APC last night thus ending the life of the APC and the three occupants.  -skill
I tape it with C4 beforehand and drop it on mcoms
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6667

Sisco10 wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

Yeah, suicide runs are fulfilling now that you get points when you are dead.

Question:  Do you get points toward the MCOM destroy pin for destroying an MCOM by destroying the building?  I didn't see any points pop up last night when I blew up the building for the MCOM on the second floor of the second set on Valdez.
Rod Foxx
Warblgarbl
+78|5983|Perth, Australia
You don't currently get points when you're dead atm. When the new patch comes through you will.

But god only knows when that will be.
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6343

Ilocano wrote:

Sisco10 wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

Yeah, suicide runs are fulfilling now that you get points when you are dead.

Question:  Do you get points toward the MCOM destroy pin for destroying an MCOM by destroying the building?  I didn't see any points pop up last night when I blew up the building for the MCOM on the second floor of the second set on Valdez.
If it was really you who destroyed it and it showed the objective destroy bonus score at the bottom it should count towards pins.
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6311

It's Arica dammit not Africa!

Has anyone else heard people make that mistake? Just as annoying as Karkland instead of Karkand
jsnipy
+3,276|6522|...

FFS this 20 friend cap is not fixed yet? Any alternative?

jsnipy
+3,276|6522|...

goddamnit i cannot find a good game tonight. Every rush game i get into the team is 90% sniper, all armor sits where it spawns
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
Question: How do you add people to your friends list? Anytime i try to add someone and they try to add me it never works. Neither of us get a friend invite.
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5508|America
There's a friend limit.
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard