SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6664|The darkside of Denver
Hey man, I actually really hope shit gets better for you.  From what you've been posting you had a tough fucking year man.  Just keep your head up Shifty, things will get better.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6475

SonderKommando wrote:

Hey man, I actually really hope shit gets better for you.  From what you've been posting you had a tough fucking year man.  Just keep your head up Shifty, things will get better.
yeah actually i'll chime in with this. shit times are shit times... you'll thank someone for the experience, in an odd way, in years to come.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6784|Great Brown North

Adams_BJ wrote:

Stubbee wrote:

Adams_BJ wrote:

She should get a job instead of relying on your dad to pay for everything.

If she had everyone's best interest at hard she would start working again instead of going to court 3 times to get money.

Not the best situation my parent divorced when I was 8 but mum did what she had to do, no what she thought she "deserved". In big kid land you can't play tit for tat.
She did have a job, doing all the shit jobs that allowed her husband to go to work every fucking day. Imagine how much it costs to have laundry, cooking, nanny and housekeeping all done for you. Just because it didn't come with an official paycheck...ffs join the 21st century.
None of that pays the bills, its just general housekeeping that every household does.

I dunno but somehow my mother manage to hold a full time job, and still get all that shit done. Like 95% of working mothers out there..

Like I said, she should get a job.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5182|Sydney

Uzique wrote:

SonderKommando wrote:

yeah actually i'll chime in with this. shit times are shit times... you'll thank someone for the experience, in an odd way, in years to come.
I too agree with this. I had a couple really shit years in 2002/2003. But I would never go back and change anything, the shit I learned in those two years was priceless.

Last edited by Jaekus (2011-02-22 20:13:00)

13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6501

Jaekus wrote:

I too agree with this. I had a couple really shit years in 2002/2003. But I would never go back and change anything, the shit I learned in those two years was priceless.
i've come to realize, that some have to live through it. i've tried to share experience, and especially with bradt3hleader, some are too boneheaded until they put their hand on the hot stove themselves.

i would not doubt that lessons learned the hard way stick best, experience being the best teacher . . .
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6157|what

burnzz wrote:

experience being the best teacher . . .
Really? I've always thought experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6501

AussieReaper wrote:

burnzz wrote:

Really? I've always thought experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards.
but you learn from the lesson, not the test. it stays with you . . .
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6157|what

burnzz wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

burnzz wrote:

But the test is the experience. The lesson doesn't stick with you. It's the experience that stays with you that you truly learn from.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6501

AussieReaper wrote:

burnzz wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

But the test is the experience. The lesson doesn't stick with you. It's the experience that stays with you that you truly learn from.
how many times have you burned yourself? the experience was the first time. the lesson is to not do it again.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5182|Sydney

burnzz wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

i've come to realize, that some have to live through it. i've tried to share experience, and especially with bradt3hleader, some are too boneheaded until they put their hand on the hot stove themselves.

i would not doubt that lessons learned the hard way stick best, experience being the best teacher . . .
Yes, this was how it was for me. Though one of these things I learned a lot about myself from was completely unavoidable (my father being diagnosed and dying from cancer). Kinda had to pull my mum and brother together through that. There was a whole bunch of unrelated stuff that I won't go into but yeah, it really is true when they say "you live and you learn".
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6110|eXtreme to the maX

Uzique wrote:

SonderKommando wrote:

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5792|Catherine Black
Obviously, goes without saying, 'sux2bu', wouldn't wish what you're going through upon anyone, but "join the 21st century", stay-at-home mums are a thing of the past.. even more so when you break up from your husband. She should get a job, to support herself and you, and not rely on your dad. If she was the one who wanted the divorce she should have realised either

a) she keeps the kids and has to support them
or
b) she loses the kids but doesn't have to support them

you can't have the best of each and none of the shite. I really hate how the whole alimony, or whatever you call it in whatever country you're in, system works. It's just beyond logical.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6501

and get shoes without heels. it'll make it easier to . . . nm.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6157|what

Finray wrote:

You can't have the best of each and none of the shite. I really hate how the whole alimony, or whatever you call it in whatever country you're in, system works. It's just beyond logical.
In Scotland they just return the Dowry to the Groom don't they?

Is it usually just the one sheep, or two?

Guess it depends on the wifey?
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5478|Ventura, California

Finray wrote:

Obviously, goes without saying, 'sux2bu', wouldn't wish what you're going through upon anyone, but "join the 21st century", stay-at-home mums are a thing of the past.. even more so when you break up from your husband. She should get a job, to support herself and you, and not rely on your dad. If she was the one who wanted the divorce she should have realised either

a) she keeps the kids and has to support them
or
b) she loses the kids but doesn't have to support them

you can't have the best of each and none of the shite. I really hate how the whole alimony, or whatever you call it in whatever country you're in, system works. It's just beyond logical.
Yeah, it's a dumb system. The father should only pay for the kids, not the mother too.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5792|Catherine Black
No, it shouldn't. You should pay for whatever kids you have yourself. If you wanted to keep them you should take this into consideration. Don't want the hassle of getting a job to buy them food, keep them clothed etc? You obviously don't love them enough to deserve to look after them.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
In this situation I think it's appropriate that he should pay for his children to receive clothing, food, and an education (college or w/e). The point is, they're still that person's children.

My mother should also get a job and help with these but he's still the father.

21st century morals are so fucked up. Don't refer to them.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6741|Oxferd Ohire
lol
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6718|Purplicious Wisconsin
But doesn't the mother get the money to use on her kids?
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6627|Little Bentcock
Whoever doesn't have custody of the children should pay for part, but not all. The size of that part depends on their financial situation. Just because they aren't in their care doesn't mean they are stripped of all responsibility. Just the same as the person with custody shouldn't be relieved of all financial burdens.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
^^ yup
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6003|...
I guess I can sort of understand what you're going through, 6 years of my life went down the shitter because of the tug o' war. Mental abuse by a schizo mother, dad never payed a dime - then again, I don't think he had a dime left. What can I say? Can't hold a grudge, and don't. I like my dad now that I got to know him properly.. mom, still full of hate, but I love her too.

Halfway through I learned to appreciate what happened, I can honestly say it all made me a much, much better person. Think that out of all my siblings (3) I took it the best, you just need to learn to understand, live, let live, and not worry about things too much. Your job's to keep em smiling.
inane little opines
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
My sisters are taking it really badly.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6653

That's probably because you're using 17th century logic to deal with it.
jord
+2,382|6682|The North, beyond the wall.
pics of sisters

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard