TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6410|Brisbane, Australia

JohnG@lt wrote:

War Man wrote:

H3RB4L ABU53 wrote:

That's exactly why I hate the AK-47 and PKM wtf is with the wood lol SVD is exception though
Modern AKs are made of platic now. It's only the older guns that have wood.
When I was in Iraq I spent three months providing support to an MP unit that was training Iraqi soldiers/police and the Iraqi's rejected the plastic gripped Czech made AKs because they thought they were cheap.

Personally, I like the feel of wood compared to polymer as well even though in a combat situation, splinters from an exploding wooden handgrip/buttstock (due to being hit) would mess you up pretty bad. To each their own.
I am far from knowledgeable about such things, but surely polymer could shatter or break off somehow as well? I am really asking out of curiosity.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

War Man wrote:

Modern AKs are made of platic now. It's only the older guns that have wood.
When I was in Iraq I spent three months providing support to an MP unit that was training Iraqi soldiers/police and the Iraqi's rejected the plastic gripped Czech made AKs because they thought they were cheap.

Personally, I like the feel of wood compared to polymer as well even though in a combat situation, splinters from an exploding wooden handgrip/buttstock (due to being hit) would mess you up pretty bad. To each their own.
I am far from knowledgeable about such things, but surely polymer could shatter or break off somehow as well? I am really asking out of curiosity.
It doesn't splinter in the same way.

Edit - And it's much lighter so it makes the recoil worse as well.

Last edited by JohnG@lt (2010-03-10 06:50:01)

"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5970|Vortex Ring State

JohnG@lt wrote:

fermatx wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

T88 does the same damage as the SAW but at slower rpm... do the math
but it accuracy is higher and it's RoF is higher than PKM.
Same RPM as PKM. Less damage than PKM. T88 is pretty much the worst weapon in the game.
It SEEMED higher when I picked it up (I've been playing engy only pretty much, so my experience with these guns is mostly from the times when I've picked up a medic kit to rez a bud).

We need one of those charts like we had for BF2.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

fermatx wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

fermatx wrote:

but it accuracy is higher and it's RoF is higher than PKM.
Same RPM as PKM. Less damage than PKM. T88 is pretty much the worst weapon in the game.
It SEEMED higher when I picked it up (I've been playing engy only pretty much, so my experience with these guns is mostly from the times when I've picked up a medic kit to rez a bud).

We need one of those charts like we had for BF2.
I did a list in the 'official' thread, it's about 3 pages from the end now and it shows the kill time per weapon. That is, from time you click, till the time the target dies with no weapon mods. M60 won by a landslide.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Trotskygrad
бля

JohnG@lt wrote:

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

It doesn't splinter in the same way.

Edit - And it's much lighter so it makes the recoil worse as well.
Yeah, polymer would crack only around the point of impact, but wood would splinter along the grain lines. It's like the difference between driving a nail through a thin sheet of wood and a thin sheet of plastic. The wood will crack, but the plastic will just form a hole or crack around the nailhead.

And about that list... I'm not going through 98 pages, sorry. Linky plz?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
-Frederick Bastiat
Trotskygrad
бля
Too bad it dosen't have deviation like the BF2 list...
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

fermatx wrote:

Too bad it dosen't have deviation like the BF2 list...
Deviation is meh. Control your bursts or compensate by moving the mouse down as you shoot and it's not an issue.
-Frederick Bastiat
[HOF]Mercenary
o_O
+53|6149
I dunno . . . Personally I prefer the MG36 to the M60. The open slot is definitely part of it, but I seem to kill faster at mid range with the MG36 then with the M60.
farmerfez
o wut?
+78|6501

JohnG@lt wrote:

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pid=3052145#p3052145
I feel like the stats sometimes lie to me on the weapons

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard