xX[Elangbam]Xx
+107|6712
No this isn't what you think it is. I'm not going to say lets blow up every building but that would be nice. I'm suggesting more interactive surroundings, hence the title. Maybe put door that you can open by pusing the E car or sliding doors. Maybe elevators to move up and down and put an ambush at the top.
Stephen_Sung_811007
+4|6714|Taiwan
yeah? and that engineer's wrench can take the tires off hummers?
xX[Elangbam]Xx
+107|6712
hey thats not a bad idea either
chitlin
Banned
+36|6777
they have elevators in special forces
tvmissleman
The Cereal Killer
+201|6673| United States of America
being able to blow doors off of buildings with C4 and going in the buildings
xX[Elangbam]Xx
+107|6712
i think you should be able to shoot at enemies that are hiding behind a wooden door with an LMG or sniper rifle (if you can actually get him w/ that)
[-CGZ-]BioRaveN
Don't make me toothpick you.
+31|6719|The beautiful hills of Sharqi
If you had any idea how much lag that would cause, you would not be saying this, You would need a very fast T3 connection to run a server of that magnitude, yet alone a game. For a destructable environment, the coding would be so hard to do, it would take them another year to put that in the game. The lag would suck, and everyone would have wasted their money, because they dont like lag. You would also need like 8 gigs of RAM.

If we lived in a world without lag, I would say go for it, but what I said above is the main reason they will not do this. Technology at this present time cannot handle it.

Think, a 64 player server, full, on a 64 size Karkand, people would blow holes through the buildings, start making tunnels, and all that shit.

Play a game on PS2 called Red Faction, they allow you to do so, but the game gets very very very very laggy when you make a tunnel so far. It will actually stop allowing you to blow rock away, I asked the developers, they said they didnt want peoples PS2's to overheat and fry.
=11th.cav=Lee
+1|6687|Waddinxveen, The Netherlands

chitlin wrote:

they have elevators in special forces
and the big dock cranes in bf 'vanilla' have them to.
-they wont work though -
washow
Get out of MY JET!!!
+23|6726
wait till PPU becomes popular and ea/dice will put it in bf3 lol
gianthatr
+0|6670
Have you seen a PHYS-X card?  If we have one of those in our machine then we could have destructible environments with no problems...

Giant
Zukabazuka
+23|6700
Red faction was first for PC and well there was a test place where you could destroy quite much but in the end it just went to a wall, didn't lag so much
GotMex?
$623,493,674,868,715.98 in Debt
+193|6777

[-CGZ-]BioRaveN wrote:

If you had any idea how much lag that would cause, you would not be saying this, You would need a very fast T3 connection to run a server of that magnitude, yet alone a game. For a destructable environment, the coding would be so hard to do, it would take them another year to put that in the game. The lag would suck, and everyone would have wasted their money, because they dont like lag. You would also need like 8 gigs of RAM.
Why so negative dude? That's why games never progress... because everyone's worried about the lag and the connection speeds needed. However, that is why computers get better. Video cards get better. Internet connections get better. Programmers get better. I'm sure that we could find a way to code destructible environments without the need for 16 GB of ram. The way things are coded right now, you WOULD need that ram to remember what the hole should look like... but a different technique might make things faster and easier.

Last edited by GotMex? (2006-02-12 15:11:22)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard