yeehi
+4|5173|England
Do you have any tips on how to encourage/make your squad stay together? Often they are spawning all over the battlefield. It would be nice to be a tight group.
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6373|the land of bourbon
install the 'friends' add-on.  it's the only way i play anymore.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
Perv3rt
Lookin' through your Window
+193|6232|Man Diego

steelie34 wrote:

real friends don't tk their friends!
steelie34
pub hero!

Perv3rt wrote:

steelie34 wrote:

hahahahahhaha.  i'm sure you can swim, so i'd prefer to call that recent incident a... ahem... 'water landing.'
Perv3rt
Lookin' through your Window
+193|6232|Man Diego

steelie34 wrote:

Perv3rt wrote:

steelie34 wrote:

hahahahahhaha.  i'm sure you can swim, so i'd prefer to call that recent incident a... ahem... 'water landing.'
No, I spawned on you in the house by a flag & you shot me.  Made me really want to spawn green again
steelie34
pub hero!

Perv3rt wrote:

steelie34 wrote:

Perv3rt wrote:

No, I spawned on you in the house by a flag & you shot me.  Made me really want to spawn green again
oh shi- yeah i've been known to do that.. hair trigger finger ya know.  of course it could have been completely intentional, my IFF detector is directly affected by drugs and alcohol.  and my flying.  i'm going to miss this game

the best part was when i was trying to yell at you over voip about the enemy heli to our left (voip disabled), while you were queuing up the heli in front of us.  that was some epic teamwork!

Last edited by steelie34 (2010-03-09 12:26:14)

User007Gamer
???
+21|5974|Dubai, UAE
Tell the retards to spawn on you via voice or squad chat.
tuckergustav
+1,590|5906|...

Be near the action but not directly IN the action...nobody likes to spawn in the middle of a fire fight.
steelie34
pub hero!

tuckergustav wrote:

Be near the action but not directly IN the action...nobody likes to spawn in the middle of a fire fight.
thats what she said
2juk
+12|5169
Wow you create a lot of threads.
MrKwantos
+1|5178
Here is a small article I wrote earlier (but never posted it somewhere), I think this is ideal for this situation. I assume you are new to the game, by reading the stuff I wrote you will have a solid knowlegde of how to play the game properly. I will talk about 3 jobs in the game: being a commander, squadleader and squadmember. In this guide I am talking about Wake Island 2007, since it is the map I play on most of the time.

Commander
So you are the commander of your team, right? Possible one of the most important jobs on the field. You are the person who gives the orders, who backs the infantry up and causes death from above. The commander can make or break a match.

The first thing you should allways do first as a commander is a satelite scan. It will tell you where the majority of the enemy troops is located. Then you can address an order according to this information. For example when the majority of the enemy troops is located near Airfield and North Village, it would be smart to tell your squadleaders to attack southbase.
The best way by doing this, is by using voice chat. Get yourself a microphone and press the V button, because you must have one as the commander. When you press the V button as a commander you instantly talk to all the squadleaders of your team. You can tell them then, that the southern part of the island is completely empty, so it is smart to attack there. Same counts for any other flag. Just remember these three steps:
Watch… Communicate… Order…

Prioritse. If any troops is capturing a flag, whetether is it friendly or enemy, that should be your number one priority. What is the point of trowing a UAV above the carrier, wheremost of the enemy troops are located, when a blackhawk is capturing one of your flags?

Know your squads. When you see an enemy boat incoming from the west side of the map, you can adress a tank to defend beach, but you could also ask  the leader of a squad with a jet pilot in it, to attack that location and destroy the boat before it even reaches land.

Answer to your squadleaders demands. An other important thing is to listen to your squadleader. Is he in a tank and needs repairs, give him a supply drop! Is he walking, give him a vehicle drop. It is so stressfull as a squadleader when you need something, but the commander won’t respond to your demands. If it is not availabe, just tell the squadleader through voice chat.

Squadleader
The link between the commander and the average soldier. For a squadleader is voicechat even more important. You must have a microphone if you are a squadleader. There are no but’s, just get a cheap one from a local store and get back to the battlefield.

Communicate. As a squadleader, you are giving the option to speak both to your commander (V button) or your squad (ALT button,I changed it). This is very important. For example when your squad has captured South Base, but there are no vehicles, you can press V and ask the commander for a vehicle drop, or when you are in a damaged tank, you can ask the commander for a supply drop.
Sure enough, you could press T and do an “official” request, but I found it easier and more effective to ask the commander in person.
The same counts for your squad. When you want your squad to spawn on you and help you capture a flag. It is much easier and quicker to ask it with voice chat, then write a message during the game. Voice chat is also a great way to know each other better and will improve the teamwork.

Team up. Allways, ALLWAYS invite people to your squad. Sitting in a squad alone is ridiculous. There are no reasons why you should ever do that. It ruins the entire purpose of the game. The first thing I do, whenever I create a squad, is invite 5 people so the squad is full. When you do not know which people have joined a squad and which haven’t, there is an easy way to find out. First press TAB, then click on the Squad button. On the bottom you will find a list of unassigned soldiers. Just remember a few of those names and invite them to your squad. You can invite people by clicking on “manage squad” click on the box behind someones name, so that a yellow cross appears and then press apply.

Roughly you can devide the squads in two groups: Teamwork squads and Attack squads. Teamwork squads are squads of 6 soldiers, who work together and capture the flags. Attack squads are squads of 2 jet pilots, or an attack choppers pilot and his gunner. This is the only exception to the stuff I ve just wrote above. When you are in an attack chopper, what is the point of being in a squad with 6 people. They can’t spawn on you, you can’t give them orders since you are busy flying and there is no teamwork. That is why attack squads and teamwork squads should allways be seperated.

Squad forming. When you are the squadleader you allways need to think about what kits the members of you squad pick. The best would be to have 3 medics, 2 anti-tank and 1 support. This way there is nothing that can stop you. When you are proceeding on foot, it is very important to have enough medics. Since when you die, you have to respawn at the flag (or if you are unlucky and USMC, at the carrier) and walk all the way back to your squad, so allways have a few medics around you,  they can revive you when you are dead. An other important factor is having anti-tank. When your squad is doing well and starts to capture flags, you will notice a large stream of tanks, vehicles and choppers heading your way. 2 anti-tank, combined with a support can easily take an army of tanks down. When you want a member of your squad to pick a certain kit, just ask them through voice chat.

Spawning. When you are in a teamwork squad, allways ask your members to spawn on you. I think I have asked it for thousands of times, when they respawn on you, you can work as a squad together. Teamwork remember. This is also why it is so important for you to stay alive. Your squadmembers need to respawn on you. Most of the time I am waiting behind a hill, while the rest of my squad is fighting and capturing a flag, just so they can respawn on me. Only if I am very sure I won’t die, I will help them. If it is not safe, just stay back, since spawning is one of the main benefits of squadplay.

Squadmember
The puppet on the field.
As the member of a squad, your job is to follow your leader and help your squadmates. The best kit to pick as a squadmember is by far, Medic. It allows you to revive your leader and heal your team mates. As a player there are some basic rules which you should allways follow.

- allways join a squad. If all the squads are full, create a new one and invite people.
- defending your squadleader is your number one priority
- allways follow your squadleaders orders. If you disagree or want to do something different, tell him and ask if he agrees
- allways spawn as a medic or support. Only if your squadleader asks otherwise. If you notice there is a tank coming your way, you can spawn as an anti-tank.
- communicate. Talk to your squadleader, ask him what his orders are, what he needs, how much health he got. Just communicate!

If you follow these simple rules, you have a very solid base as a squad member, I can tell you that if you act like this any squadleader will love you.

Last edited by MrKwantos (2010-03-13 07:27:36)

CC-Marley
+407|6820
Omg it feels like 2005..
thepilot91
+64|6228|Åland!

CC-Marley wrote:

Omg it feels like 2005..

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard