(27th)Kaptyn
+14|6512|AUS
Nope, definately an enemy spotted, with a resulting green target appearing. Have seen it happen most often when spotting the enemy gunship. Have wondered for a while what the difference in colour meant. Someone above said a white spotted dot means the enemy commander. Have seen that often and would be very keen to know if anyone can verify that comment.
(27th)Kaptyn
+14|6512|AUS
I have 400+ hrs as commander and still haven't figured out why the colours are sometimes different. Would be very keen for someone in the know to put me in the know on this topic.
(27th)Kaptyn
+14|6512|AUS
Just found a really old post that says the white spot occurs when you spot the enemy commander while he is lookin at his command screen. Guess I'll have to look out for this and then hunt the sucker down to see if that is the same name that has been raining down artillery kills all round. Still keen to know what the green dots mean. Could it be a player who is on his spawn screen while still alive maybe.
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6741|Reality
white is commander regardless of what he/she is doing
about green i don't remember becuase it has been so log since I played.
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
dill13
+67|6192

what pisses me of is that if the vehicle or infantry is to far away you dont get to see where they are. more frustrating when its jets and helos could have taken cover and set up a main cannon shot instead i get bomb/tvd.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5177|Sydney

(27th)Kaptyn wrote:

Just found a really old post that says the white spot occurs when you spot the enemy commander while he is lookin at his command screen. Guess I'll have to look out for this and then hunt the sucker down to see if that is the same name that has been raining down artillery kills all round. Still keen to know what the green dots mean. Could it be a player who is on his spawn screen while still alive maybe.
I said it more recently.

Jaekus wrote:

Basically, you see your troops moving into to cap a flag, you spot each known spawn point and if there's nothing, let them know via teamspeak, then spot a couple more times until the flag is neutral. Then spot further out for any enemy troops making a move to recap the flag your team just took.

Also, if you spot someone and the dot comes up white instead of red, that's the enemy commander. You should always direct your troops to make his life as uncomfortable as possible. The more you do that, the less UAV and spotting they'll have and some commanders will even resign if they get too much of an arse kicking.

Just a few things I've picked up over time.
I'm not sure what the green dots mean but I have seen them too. I know they don't show up when you spot them when you're commanding so maybe they're green when spotted by someone in a squad and whilst you're commander.

Last edited by Jaekus (2010-04-11 13:39:20)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard