Announcement

Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/nf43FxS
yeehi
Member
+4|4354|England
If you are commander and do a satellite scan, big red glows appear. If I right click on the big red glow, I hear, only hear, "enemy spotted", but the glow doesn' t change. If I do this, are my team able to now see that big red glow? I worry about this. I think they don't see anything then.

Do I have to wait for the glow to fade before I do a right click enemy spotted?
What is the difference in effect for my team if I

1) Right click/enemy spotted when it is a big red glow
2) Right click/enemy spotted when the glow has faded and gone, but I am clicking where an enemy is

Does it annoy people hearing enemy spotted all the time?
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|5916|Reality
Yes if is constant or not relevant or repetitive.

Spotting the same <insert vehicle or soldier here> 10 fucking times in a row is pretty annoying.

NON STOP spotting is bad because nobody can hear anything else going on in game AND it scrolls  written team/squad message before anybody can read them.

Spotting the enemy that is under your UAV is pretty stupid. Just like spotting the enemy in their uncap/airfield (most servers do not allow uncap attack so why the fuck does the commander need to spot anyone there?)
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|5539|California

Stubbee wrote:

Yes if is constant or not relevant or repetitive.

Spotting the same <insert vehicle or soldier here> 10 fucking times in a row is pretty annoying.

NON STOP spotting is bad because nobody can hear anything else going on in game AND it scrolls  written team/squad message before anybody can read them.

Spotting the enemy that is under your UAV is pretty stupid. Just like spotting the enemy in their uncap/airfield (most servers do not allow uncap attack so why the fuck does the commander need to spot anyone there?)
If you were playing competetively you would want your commander to do non stop spotting lol
T2
Member
+6|4350
You have to wait for the glowing red dot to fade out before you can right click on it to spot the enemy.
ruisleipa
Member
+149|5395|teh FIN-land
Don't forget if you have no UAV and you think an enemy is somewhere on the map you can just try spotting them without knowing they are there, and if there IS someone there then the game automatically spots them out for you. Very handy.
Chou
Member
+737|5964|Dordrecht
I used to spam position back in the day in the pace of a trance, it gave everybody a fucking pressure but we won game after game.
oh the good old days of BF2 and how it ruined my days and nights but it was such a great piece of ass.
Delusion
AK Hero
+26|4945|Greece / Rhodos
gotta love the commander spotting macros ^^

but i rarely play commander anyway..its one of the most boring things in BF2

Last edited by Delusion (2010-03-09 01:45:45)

H3RB4L ABU53
+45|5040|123 | 456 | 789 | Δ

yeehi wrote:

Does it annoy people hearing enemy spotted all the time?
If it's a busy server, then you should only spot each thng once- other players will spot anyway and most of the time they will be dead a few seconds after you spot them.
I think you should only spam it if someone is taking/going for a flag and no one is around, so jets and helis can take care of them
Chou
Member
+737|5964|Dordrecht

Delusion wrote:

gotta love the commander spotting macros ^^

but i rarely play commander anyway..its one of the most boring things in BF2
Not if you have a mic and a bible
Morpheus
This shit still going?
+508|5172|The Mitten
*ENEMY BOAT SPOTTED*


amidoinitrite?
EE (hats
Chou
Member
+737|5964|Dordrecht

Morpheus wrote:

*ENEMY BOAT SPOTTED*


amidoinitrite?
welcome to 2005
Morpheus
This shit still going?
+508|5172|The Mitten

Chou wrote:

Morpheus wrote:

*ENEMY BOAT SPOTTED*


amidoinitrite?
welcome to 2005
hey i herd thr waz ths knew gaem, calls batlling fileds 2, iz it any gud?
EE (hats
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|5554|the land of bourbon

T2 wrote:

You have to wait for the glowing red dot to fade out before you can right click on it to spot the enemy.
no.  you can do it anytime, and it will appear on your team's map.  don't worry if it fades from your view, rest assured everyone can see it.


protip:  SPOT AT FLAGS regardless of whether you have scanned or not.  you can spot even if you dont see anyone, the very forgiving spot system will highlight them anyway.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
Morpheus
This shit still going?
+508|5172|The Mitten

steelie34 wrote:

T2 wrote:

You have to wait for the glowing red dot to fade out before you can right click on it to spot the enemy.
no.  you can do it anytime, and it will appear on your team's map.  don't worry if it fades from your view, rest assured everyone can see it.


protip:  SPOT AT FLAGS regardless of whether you have scanned or not.  you can spot even if you dont see anyone, the very forgiving spot system will highlight them anyway.
Yea, i thought you (as commander) were the only person who could see the glowing dots... theyby making spotting them a necesseity for anyone else to see them.
EE (hats
yeehi
Member
+4|4354|England
When the satellite scan goes over, afaiu, the big glowing dots appear. Only the commander can see those glowing dots until the commander right clicks the glowing dots and does enemy spotted. That is my current understanding. But I am still not confident about this.

There seems to be two opinions about whether the commander should right click the big glowing dots while they are glowing, or wait till they have faded.

I really would like to feel more confident about what the situation is.

Could somebody who really, really knows give me the definitive answer! Thank you!
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|5554|the land of bourbon
i am telling you the correct answer.  you can right click those dots anytime and spot them.  they will show up as normal red dots on your teams mini-map.  you, however, will see this or not, depending on whether the dot is still glowing when you spot it.  it makes no difference, other than aesthetically.

trust me.  2000 hours later i would hope i learned a thing or two
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
yeehi
Member
+4|4354|England
Ahhh! Thank you At last some peace of mind for me on this issue!
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|5554|the land of bourbon

yeehi wrote:

Ahhh! Thank you At last some peace of mind for me on this issue!
it doesnt matter, no one listens to the commander.  practice cartillary, it has a much more direct benefit.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
yeehi
Member
+4|4354|England
Why do you call it "cartillary" ?

I think that players must acutally listen to the commander if the commander is trying to do well. But often the commanders interest and the squad leaders interests are not entirely aligned. The commander just wants to win, perhaps. The squad leader wants to personally get points...
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5172|Vortex Ring State

yeehi wrote:

Why do you call it "cartillary" ?

I think that players must acutally listen to the commander if the commander is trying to do well. But often the commanders interest and the squad leaders interests are not entirely aligned. The commander just wants to win, perhaps. The squad leader wants to personally get points...
Ahh. BF2...

Yeah, most squad leaders care about getting frags more, if the commander tells them to haul ass halfway across the map...

"Attack this position... Do you copy!"

"Negative!"

"You're the worst squad I ever laid my eyes upon!"

"Negative!"
User007Gamer
???
+21|5155|Dubai, UAE
Yes, really.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|4351|Sydney
Basically, you see your troops moving into to cap a flag, you spot each known spawn point and if there's nothing, let them know via teamspeak, then spot a couple more times until the flag is neutral. Then spot further out for any enemy troops making a move to recap the flag your team just took.

Also, if you spot someone and the dot comes up white instead of red, that's the enemy commander. You should always direct your troops to make his life as uncomfortable as possible. The more you do that, the less UAV and spotting they'll have and some commanders will even resign if they get too much of an arse kicking.

Just a few things I've picked up over time.
(27th)Kaptyn
Member
+14|5687|AUS
"Carillery", or car-artillery is when you sqish an enemy by dropping a car on their stupid head. Most useful for killing snipers as they are usually stationary and not looking anywhere but down the sights. You don't want to waste an artillery strike on a single sniper up on a hill camping one of your flags but if you zoom right in and drop a car directly on their head you can sqitch them good. Helps to spot the sniper just before the car lands as his spot will turn into a question mark when he dies from embarrassment as the car crushes his noggin. That's CARTILLERY.
(27th)Kaptyn
Member
+14|5687|AUS
A question re a post above. Does the colour of the spot really indicate the commander? Sometime you get a green spot coming up as well as the occasional white one. Is that white for commander (as stated above) and green for a squad leader? Would be keen to get a definative yea or nay on that one. Thanks.
QuickBird Driver
Member
+1|4489|Colorado
I haven't seen an enemy show up as a green spot, but then again, I only have 50 commander hours, so I am sure I haven't seen it all.  Are you sure it isn't just the friendly squad you have selected?  I think green enemies would make it confusing.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2022 Jeff Minard