unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

War Man wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

War Man wrote:

If units are near death they will retreat and not fire back, to solve this problem use the fanaticism ruse so they can fight to the death(this ruse often has been a life saver and made quite the difference)
I'm not talking about retreating as an issue (it isn't), I'm saying that it doesn't nearly have as much personality as the dead panic CoH displays.
......Doesn't need it and shouldn't have it.
No human element to a human war? Check.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6471
honestly, why would anyone play RUSE when there's Company of Heroes, Empire-series and Starcraft 2?

there doesn't seem to be a 'gap' in the market; it's a mixture of all of them but as good as... none of them.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

R.U.S.E. fills in the WiC gap for WW2 that Order of War didn't really cover. I can't wait until there's an RTS where the unit AI is advanced enough that it will only follow your orders ROUGHLY to the letter (on purpose, not because the pathing got fucked).
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6471
forgot about WiC... that title was just so "meh". i think i only played it because it was a fresh DX10 title that had pretty new visuals/effects.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

I played WiC all the way through once and did some multiplayer matches. The utter lack of personality beyond cutscenes is what made it too meh for me to continue.
GC_PaNzerFIN
Work and study @ Technical Uni
+528|6415|Finland

Ever since I realised you can get most point by spamming Humwees in WiC's multiplayer it turned to meh.

Seriously, pure point whoring.
3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6715|Purplicious Wisconsin
Just realized when playing the single player campaign, they mention the Pentagon a few times. Lol, don't I recall it didn't exist back then and at the time the War Department had its spot back then?
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6738|Oxferd Ohire

Uzique wrote:

honestly, why would anyone play RUSE when there's Company of Heroes, Empire-series and Starcraft 2?

there doesn't seem to be a 'gap' in the market; it's a mixture of all of them but as good as... none of them.
empire series?
i havent been a fan of any rts post ww2 themed. .unless it was space only ie sins of a solar empire or star wars empire at war. havent played ruse but its more appealing than starcraft 2 since i never got into the first starcraft, twas meh.

war man the pentagon was in use starting in 1943
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6471
RUSE is play-worthy but the original starcraft was "meh"...

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

The original Starcraft wasn't meh when it came out. Still isn't, according to most RTS gamers.

RTHKI wrote:

i havent been a fan of any rts post ww2 themed. .unless it was space only ie sins of a solar empire or star wars empire at war. havent played ruse but its more appealing than starcraft 2 since i never got into the first starcraft, twas meh.
Star Wars was a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6781|Great Brown North
was supposed to get it today...... but EB said the pc version didn't arrive?!
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

Preloaded on STEAM just fine and played a bit yesterday. It's come miles since the beta, but it's still so...BLAND.
War Man
.............Oh well so they didn't get so fancy, they mainly were worried about other things such as balance.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6781|Great Brown North
for those of us in north america      there will be no boxed versions of RUSE for PC, so if you want a boxed version you'll have to get one from euroland
War Man
wHAT!!!!!!!! FUCKING LAME, I WANT A FUCKING HARD COPY NOT DOWNLOAD!!!!
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6660|The darkside of Denver
wrth the money?
War Man

SonderKommando wrote:

wrth the money?
If it was a hard copy I'd get it as I liked it.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

I got the Steam copy. Yes, the convenience and accessibility for subsequent DLC is slowly winning me over, but god help me if the service ever goes down permanently.

As for being worth the money, After trudging through part of the campaign (which is like super slow motion gaming), I'd honestly wait for a sale. With the focus of the game's marketing being on the ruses, the gameplay has very little to do with them. You'll mostly be microing huge amounts of units. I would have preferred them to be a bit more autonomous and give you control of strategy, not tactics.

Supreme Ruler 2020 got it right, but it was on the worldmap. You created hot spots and could micro if you wanted, but your military could handle things on their own when given general orders.

Also:

Updated title (again).
War Man
Um, there is plenty of strategy. I seriously liked it alot, not perfect but good enough for me. I generally hate RTS games except for a select few, but this I like.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

Yeah, yeah, but it makes you focus more on tactics because your units are too stupid to fend for themselves. That's not exactly how the live-action video pictured it. At least you can automate aspects of the Hearts of Iron 3 and Supreme Ruler 2020 military.

I beat the game and the last two levels were lame. Spoiler (highlight to read):
Oh goodie, you get to fight Russians who are supposed to be war-worn but are somehow able to field dozens of fucking super heavy tanks every two minutes. In place of AI, they gave it an unfair advantage. Lame.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6471

War Man wrote:

.............Oh well so they didn't get so fancy, they mainly were worried about other things such as balance.
ruse will never be as good as the big competitive RTS titles for 'balance'...

they shoulda gone for the fancy-ticket, tbh
War Man
I like hard copy and find it unfair that only Europe gets a hard copy. Tempted to make a fucking online petition even though it won't really help, it'll at least make me feel better though.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard