Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5148|Sydney
It's mainly the high damage factor. And doing your best not to get hit (I strafe a lot and drop to prone after a shot until reload). I like the fact the reload time is relatively quick compared to, say, the DAO.
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5969|Vortex Ring State

Jaekus wrote:

It's mainly the high damage factor. And doing your best not to get hit (I strafe a lot and drop to prone after a shot until reload). I like the fact the reload time is relatively quick compared to, say, the DAO.
Dao, you just switch weapons to stop reload. Sure, the anims get fked up, but it's better than waiting for 7 shells to reload.
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney
True, but when I go as AT I always consider the DAO to be the secondary weapon...
Trotskygrad
бля
lol we got so OT.

got Silver Star for AKS-74u last night, I had a 2.56 KDR on Defense in the first point of Valdez. I like how they expanded the combat zone to the top of the snipercliff from the beta. My squad was raping from behind the rock.
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney
I've gotten a few silver stars. The game is still so new, I'm just trying to get the controls and shooting down whilst trying to learn a map or two that when I do get one it's like "wow, a shiny thing!" and then I keep trying not to have my arse handed to me on a plate. So far managed to unlock 3 assault guns, I particularly like the 2nd one though I can't remember it's name.
Trotskygrad
бля

Jaekus wrote:

I've gotten a few silver stars. The game is still so new, I'm just trying to get the controls and shooting down whilst trying to learn a map or two that when I do get one it's like "wow, a shiny thing!" and then I keep trying not to have my arse handed to me on a plate. So far managed to unlock 3 assault guns, I particularly like the 2nd one though I can't remember it's name.
Second one is the XM8P.

I like Engy, I've unlocked all Engy stuff up to the PP2000.
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6683|Purplicious Wisconsin
Xm8p?
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6459|Gogledd Cymru

XM8 Prototype.

Unlocked the M16A2 before, been whoring that, before I was using the XM8P mainly. Have like 64K as Assault, 8K as Recon, 2K as Engy and 80 as Medic lol, never play medic/engy
The_Guardsman
Tally Ho!!
+81|6714|I'm not sure.... Buts its dark
I noticed one of the patchs gets awarded to you for getting 2 platium stars.....Do you need to get x amount of gold stars for one weapon?
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5758|Catherine Black
I think, and I could be very wrong here, this is just a guestimate.

20 kills - bronze star
2 bronze stars - silver star
5? silver stars - gold star
10 gold stars - platinum

And you can only get one platinum, you'd have to get platinum on two separate weapons/vehicles etc.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6409|Brisbane, Australia

Finray wrote:

20 kills - bronze star
10 gold stars - platinum

And you can only get one platinum, you'd have to get platinum on two separate weapons/vehicles etc.
I thought you get a bronze, then silver, then gold, then 9 more gold and then platinum.

Although by the '5 silver' you just mean that many kills, then I think that is about right.

I got a bronze M9 star with like 10-15 kills though I swear. Maybe it hadnt updated the number properly.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
Mike<Eagle23>
BF2sEU old school admin - I don't care who you are
+359|6697|Germany

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

Finray wrote:

20 kills - bronze star
10 gold stars - platinum

I thought you get a bronze, then silver, then gold, then 9 more gold and then platinum.

Although by the '5 silver' you just mean that many kills, then I think that is about right.

I got a bronze M9 star with like 10-15 kills though I swear. Maybe it hadnt updated the number properly.
Different numbers for different (kind of) weapons I think.
zeidmaan
+234|6384|Vienna

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

Finray wrote:

20 kills - bronze star
10 gold stars - platinum

x kills = bronze star
y kills = silver star
z kills = gold star

10 goldstars = platinum star.

But x,y,z requirements are not the same for all weapons. Even within one class of weapons they differ. For example, for that first engy weapon 9a91 I have a silver star that I got for 50 kills and I need another 50 for a gold star. So thats a total of 100 kills for a gold star. But for the 4th engy weapon, AKS-74U, I got a gold star for only 45 kills. Bronze for UMP is 10 kills and for p2000 its 25.

For assault rifles its pretty consistent with around 100 for gold but the m416 is 60 kills for gold.

etc.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6624

And then the weapons like mortar strike and C4, and pistols, are only 50 kills for a gold I think.

I honestly think it's set up to be 25/50/100/1000. But sometimes the numbers don't show up in the stats page. I've gotten stars at 45, 96, etc. There's one sniper I've used enough to have a silver star, but the stats only show me as having 10 or so kills with it; and I know I've definitely gotten more than that.
The_Guardsman
Tally Ho!!
Instead of starting a new topic and being to lazy to search. I have a question about dog tags.

Anyone had a silver set yet from a victim? do they mean anything? Are there any other colours?
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6624

Silver dog tags mean they're an officer. Level ... 20 I think? to whatever level comes before the stars.

The ranks that look like ^ are bronze, the ranks that look like [] are silver, and I'm assuming the generals (stars) are gold.
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5478|America

mtb0minime wrote:

Silver dog tags mean they're an officer. Level ... 20 I think? to whatever level comes before the stars.

The ranks that look like ^ are bronze, the ranks that look like [] are silver, and I'm assuming the generals (stars) are gold.
Nope still silver. Stabbed a 2 star today.
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6624

Blade4509 wrote:

mtb0minime wrote:

Nope still silver. Stabbed a 2 star today.
Well that's lame

Maybe if you stab a level 50 it'll be gold? I really would like to see more than just bronze and silver...
Rohirm
Fear is a Leash
+85|6141|New Austin, Not
platinum'd my knife a few days ago LOL
The_Guardsman
Tally Ho!!
gleaming cheers for replys... Time to go Rupert hunting!
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6256|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

Rohirm wrote:

platinum'd my knife a few days ago LOL
I'm <200 kills away from getting platinum for my Colt 1911 :b

Got platinum armor in the first week of playing
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5478|America
I very my tastes to much to have a platinum yet. Not to mention I find my self using the 40mm shotgun over the knife aim bot shit.
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6256|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

Blade4509 wrote:

I very my tastes to much to have a platinum yet. Not to mention I find my self using the 40mm shotgun over the knife aim bot shit.
I've done my share of "tasting"
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/27377/BFBC2%20Gold%20Fever.png
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6637

Is it sad if my five year old has multiple 2x silver dog tags, and I don't have any 2x silvers at all?
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6459|Gogledd Cymru

Platinum stars on the M2 and Noob tube lol, thought they'd be the easiest to get. Going for all Gold now.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard