Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6542|UK

Hey guys, put a machine together today but it isnt for playing ball.  Basically getting no picture and I am sure its the graphics card (which is the only non new part in the build). 

Spec

Core I7 930
Asus P6T Deluxe
Corsair 6GB 1866Mhz RAM
Corsair 1000W  PSU
Western digital 500GB HD

(18 month old 4850).

Now, I was all set for the GTX 480 release (tis why I got the Corsair PSU) if not two, but my GTX 260 was litterally starting to cry so RMA'd it. 
Meaning my 4850 came out of retirement, but alas I killed my old mobo, so the whole thing got replaced (I was going to anyway).  Still, thing is when booting it up, I get get anything on the screen.  Everything is connected, I tried it through my plasma, I still get no image, so I am sure the GPU is causing the issue, but, I dont get why.

Would leaving it basically unused for months mean I cant use the card?

Kind of pissed because I cant play BC2 (btw, if anyone could jump on that server in my sig and give me a nod if its actually working, be really appreciated).  And no word yet how my RMA is doing other than they have received it.

Thoughts?

Martyn
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6652|The darkside of Denver
I hate to be captain obvious, but is the card seated firmly? Sometimes you gotta give a little oomph to get that click
CammRobb
Banned
+1,510|6122|Carnoustie MASSIF

SonderKommando wrote:

I hate to be captain obvious, but is the card seated firmly? Sometimes you gotta give a little oomph to get that click
I hate to be captain obvious, but have you tried onboard gfx?
GC_PaNzerFIN
Work and study @ Technical Uni
+528|6407|Finland

CammRobb wrote:

SonderKommando wrote:

There is no onboard gfx on X58 boards, because they aren't some cheap crap mobos.
3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
CammRobb
Banned
+1,510|6122|Carnoustie MASSIF

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

CammRobb wrote:

SonderKommando wrote:

There is no onboard gfx on X58 boards, because they aren't some cheap crap mobos.
Hmm, I thought onboard gfx would come as standard on pricier mobos
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6490

CammRobb wrote:

you have got to stop believing everything finray tells you  . . .
GC_PaNzerFIN
Work and study @ Technical Uni
+528|6407|Finland

CammRobb wrote:

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

CammRobb wrote:

GPU on chipset limits OC and requires more cooling. So no thanks, everyone using onboard with i7 should look in the mirror or run a server.
3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6708
did you reformat with a fresh copy of win xp /vista etc?
and or did you use driver clean to get rid of nvidia drivers when you switched to ati card?
all the connections are good inside the computer... graphics power connectors... processor power connector...hard drives?
and do you get any beeps when you start the comp... and have you tried to start in safemode?
Love is the answer
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6490

Catbox wrote:

and or did you use driver clean to get rid of nvidia drivers when you switched to ati card?
oh shi- i forgot that, when i went from 8800gt to 5850. i'll have to do that tonite . . . thanks for reminding me!
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6708

burnzz wrote:

Catbox wrote:

oh shi- i forgot that, when i went from 8800gt to 5850. i'll have to do that tonite . . . thanks for reminding me!
yeah... i just went from an nvidia 8800gtx to a 4890 ati and used the driver cleaner... did it in safemode also... lol
then did it again to be sure... all is well so far and BFBC2 runs amazing...
Love is the answer
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6167|Sydney | ♥

check the gpu in another computer..
everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard