Laika
+75|5952

Uzique wrote:

time signatures created by rolling dice and using equations

algorhythmic melodies created by 2 computer-brains mating and ejaculating inside one another
Examples?
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6479

Laika wrote:

Uzique wrote:

algorhythmic melodies created by 2 computer-brains mating and ejaculating inside one another
Examples?
any idm
any math-rock
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6701
Sometimes I like sitting down in my living room and blasting Chemical Brothers' Bass Test through our 2 foot cubed sub woofer. Mmmmmm

Last edited by Superior Mind (2010-03-02 17:25:28)

Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6479
aphex twin has a better song for that

and it's called

Bwoon Dub
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6701

Uzique wrote:

aphex twin has a better song for that

and it's called

Bwoon Dub
ima check it out
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6479

dere ya go

havent listened to that song since i was about 15
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6683|Canberra, AUS

Uzique wrote:

what "is" math rock

i've heard about it but i have nfi what it is
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6479
rock with polyrhythms, multiple key changes per song, normally a heavy emphasis on technicality, complicated rhythms and instrumental virtuosity

typically no vocals or normal 'song-writing' elements; you'll be lucky to get a verse-chorus structure

pioneering bands are acts like don caballero, hella, shellac etc. well-known bands with 'math-rock' influences include erm... battles, fall of troy, dillinger escape plan etc.

here's some old masters, two people... simple guitar... a simple drum-kit. math-rock ensues.

here's the mainstream modern drip-down act, i suppose

some indie bands have then taken math-rock and made it totally accessible and indie-fied... e.g. Foals, which sound like clones of the above (battles) only with preppy lyrics over the top.

i love math-rock.

Last edited by Uzique (2010-03-02 18:41:51)

Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6683|Canberra, AUS
rock with polyrhythms, multiple key changes per song, normally a heavy emphasis on technicality, complicated rhythms and instrumental virtuosity
why have i not heard about this before
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
mkxiii
online bf2s mek evasion
+509|6244|Uk
im ignorant and shit when it comes to all the different musical aspects i base most of my musical choices on the vocals and the lyrics
dj krush, thievery corp, uberzone, lcd sound system, hydroponic sound sys, juno reactor, white zombie's super sexy swingin sounds, pi sdtk, massive attack, koop, pinback, white stripes, death in vegas, zero 7, beck, athlete, my morning jacket, lyle lovett, israel kamakawiwo'ole, air, lemon jelly, benny bennasi, etta james, ray charles, sinatra, al green, ray la montagne, johnny cash, black sabbath, rage, olospo, the theater fire, topaz, jose gonzalez, tom petty, franz ferdinand, moving matter, fatty lumpkin, hot chip, sts9, the kinks, beatles, wolfmother, muse, flat people, avett brothers, crystal castles, black moth super rainbow, tobacco, tosca, kruder and dorfmeister, deadmau5, buena vista social club, cudi, gotan project, dirtyphonics
what do these sum up to be? lol its too messy for me.
androoz
Banned
+137|5221|United States
mainly 2 step 2 step with hydrosolics involved dubstep rhythms.
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5551|Toronto
Any really nice diddy with a solid accordion player.
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
Metal-Eater-GR
I can haz titanium paancakez?
+490|6280
Also, songs that make use of quotes= awesome. Gives a special feel to it.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6479

Metal-Eater-GR wrote:

Also, songs that make use of quotes= awesome. Gives a special feel to it.
... pretension?
Metal-Eater-GR
I can haz titanium paancakez?
+490|6280
??
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6663

Late last night it was dark and cold and I was a little bit tired. I listened to Autechre's "r ess". I felt so terrible, like I was about to die, I felt very uneasy, like there was impending doom. And yet it felt so good and I could not stop listening, despite having such a sickening, terrifying feeling.

That is truly emotional music.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard