lxcpikiman
imbad @ bf2
+70|6566|Toronto-Canada
Do any of you who have experienced or have knowledge about one parent leaving a country with children and the other parent is not going with them?

I'm worry about my brother and his wife because of one their child didn't have passport and it has taken a long time to get to them although they were not careful enough to noticed them until they booked their flight.
now my brother is going to Ecuador on Wednesday and his wife will follow as soon as the passport arrives ( it supposedly be arriving this week ) unless it gets here today he would have to go on the trip alone and wait for the rest of his family over in Ecuador.

But since she would probably have to go with their 2 children alone, wouldn't she needs some kind of permission from the father ( my brother ) to leave the country?
hawaythelads
We are PREMIER LEAGUE!
+84|6457|Newcastle Upon Tyne.
Shouldnt do, aslong as there not flying alone and have valid passports
Chou
+737|6761
Since when do kids have their own passport?
tuckergustav
+1,590|5884|...

No.  Pretty sure i would be able to take my daughter out of the country without my husband's permission...
children can travel with one of the parents

Last edited by Kimmmmmmmmmmmm (2010-02-23 12:17:08)

Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6638

Chou wrote:

Can't speak for any other country, but in the US, every US Citizen regardless of age, must have a passport if traveling internationally.

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_t … quirements
Ecuador’s exit procedures mandate that minors (under the age of 18) who are citizens or residents of Ecuador and who are traveling alone, with one parent, or with a third party, must present a copy of their birth certificate and written authorization from the absent parent(s) or legal guardian.  When a parent is deceased, a notarized copy of the death certificate is required in lieu of the written authorization.  If documents are prepared in the United States, the authorization and the birth certificate must be translated into Spanish, notarized and authenticated by the Ecuadorian Embassy or an Ecuadorian Consulate in the United States.  It is not uncommon for local authorities to insist that these documents be apostilled (authenticated).  Documents must be apostilled by the same U.S. state that issued the document.  If the documents are prepared in Ecuador, only notarization by an Ecuadorian notary is required.  This paragraph does not apply to children who enter Ecuador with U.S. passports as tourists, unless they hold dual U.S./Ecuadorian citizenship.

See here if you need info about leaving from Canada:
http://www.voyage.gc.ca/index-eng.asp
http://www.voyage.gc.ca/preparation_inf … ts-eng.asp

All children require a valid Canadian passport and supporting identification, such as a birth certificate or citizenship card. Check with the nearest embassy or consulate of each destination country regarding additional entry conditions and documentation (if required), including divorce papers, custody court orders or a death certificate (if one parent is deceased).

Remember that customs and immigration officials are looking for missing children and may ask questions about the children travelling with you. Make sure you carry the proper identification for yourself and any children travelling with you. These documents will help prove your citizenship, residency and custodial rights when you return to Canada. In addition, it is advisable to carry a consent letter in situations where a child is travelling with one parent or a child is travelling without either parent.

Last edited by Ilocano (2010-02-23 12:24:21)

M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6193|Escea

Chou wrote:

I still haven't got my own (I'm 19), but my second cousin, who is six months old, is about to receive one.

Total wtfness.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6638

M.O.A.B wrote:

Chou wrote:

I still haven't got my own (I'm 19), but my second cousin, who is six months old, is about to receive one.

Total wtfness.
You're 19.  Go and get one yourself.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5229|foggy bottom
the last time I had an updated passport I was 9 years old
Tu Stultus Es
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6638

eleven bravo wrote:

the last time I had an updated passport I was 9 years old
Do you still get free flights on open military aircrafts?  And priority exit off commercial flights?

Last edited by Ilocano (2010-02-23 12:28:21)

eleven bravo
+1,399|5229|foggy bottom
mac flights.  nope.
Tu Stultus Es
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6638

eleven bravo wrote:

mac flights.  nope.
Really?  You can't use the Space-A program?  My uncle, retired Navy, travels internationally free all the time.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6193|Escea

Ilocano wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

Chou wrote:

Total wtfness.
I will when I need one.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5229|foggy bottom

Ilocano wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

mac flights.  nope.
Really?  You can't use the Space-A program?  My uncle, retired Navy, travels internationally free all the time.
never checked on it but, i only served 7 years, i didnt retire
Tu Stultus Es
Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6372|dm_maidenhead

M.O.A.B wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

Total wtfness.
I will when I need one.
You've never been abroad?
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5479|America
No permission needed pack up and gtfo.
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6549|Columbus, OH
No one watches the news anymore!?!?!? What about the American father who was reunited with his son after 7 years. The estranged (brazilian) pregnant wife fleed the country, went to Brazil to hook up with another guy, and died giving birth to the american father's son.

Google: "David and Sean Goldman"

This thread smells fishy

Last edited by loubot (2010-02-24 05:36:30)

ruisleipa
+149|6193|teh FIN-land

M.O.A.B wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

Total wtfness.
I will when I need one.
If you haven't applied for one for yourself but your 2nd cousin's mum/dad has applied for theirs then it's hardly wtf is it?
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6652|Disaster Free Zone

Chou wrote:

Since when didn't they?

lxcpikiman wrote:

But since she would probably have to go with their 2 children alone, wouldn't she needs some kind of permission from the father ( my brother ) to leave the country?
Why? Isn't one parent/guardian enough?

M.O.A.B wrote:

Chou wrote:

Total wtfness.
It is still legal to travel overseas, I suggest you try it.
CammRobb
Banned
+1,510|6101|Carnoustie MASSIF

Chou wrote:

Same here
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6652|Disaster Free Zone

DrunkFace wrote:

Chou wrote:

Since when didn't they?
I can answer my own question. (For Australia at least)

In 1986, the introduction of Single Identity passports meant children could no longer be included on their parent's passport.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6620

M.O.A.B wrote:

Chou wrote:

Total wtfness.
Seriously? I've had a passport since I was a few weeks old.
Chou
+737|6761
You see the difference per country?
I asked because some kids are registered on their parents passport and some not so it seems.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England

Ilocano wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

mac flights.  nope.
Retired = 20 years+ != one and done enlistment

I bet he retired as a high ranking officer as well.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6127|Vancouver | Canada
I took a flight to Holland when I was 2 with only my....aunt? Not sure who it was...but it wasn't my parents.

That was awhile ago though, of course...Not sure how it works now.

Last edited by DefCon-17 (2010-02-24 10:04:02)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard