11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5242|Cleveland, Ohio

ruisleipa wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

afghan was no reason?  righto
lol from falklands to afghan...

whats afghanistan got to do with anything exactly?
no not from it.....

has nothing to do with it, except they keep mentioning it or refering to it somehow.  aint that hard to follow tbh.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6654

11 Bravo wrote:

Yeah ok I was mostly talking about Afghanistan here. But lets not get off topic here, this really has nothing to do with what we're talking about.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5363|London, England

Commie Killer wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

ruisleipa wrote:

Sorry maybe I misunderstood. I think shifty meant reagan was the best president ever, but you thought he meant obama, which is why i said 'i think he meant reagan'. I didn't mean your statement was stupid, I meant the idea that no US president will ever be (or has been) 'better' than reagan was stupid.
You're right, I didn't see he was quoting something about Reagan. Everything up to that point in the thread had been bitching about Obama bailing on the UK.

Eisenhower was the last good president this country has had. Reagan had charisma but he was the quintessential deficit spender.
Massive Retaliation was a pretty big downside to his admin imho
Kept the world safe (if paranoid) and was the big reason nuclear weapons haven't been used since Nagasaki.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
11 Bravo
Banned

ghettoperson wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

Yeah ok I was mostly talking about Afghanistan here. But lets not get off topic here, this really has nothing to do with what we're talking about.
i know.  obama is doing what lots of people wanted.  dont think you can argue that.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6654

I don't think Obama is doing anything anyone wanted.
LostFate
Same shit, Different Arsehole
+95|6490|England

11 Bravo wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

i know.  obama is doing what lots of people wanted.  dont think you can argue that.
Who exacly? because i know the British public would expect you to back us up, and i obviously can't speak for US citizens but i would have thought they would be more than happy to back the UK.

Last edited by LostFate (2010-03-02 11:51:56)

11 Bravo
Banned

LostFate wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

Who exacly? because i know the British public would expect you to back us up, and i obviously can't speak for US citizens but i would have thought they would be more than happy to back the UK after the sacrifices we have made in this coalition.
that has nothing to do with it.  i mean what game are you trying to play?  we can say you owe us for all the WWII shit right?  we can play these games all day.  fact is, people want the US to "butt out."  by people i mean everyone who rejoiced when obama got elected.  thats not secret and is well documented.

and since when does the govt actually say what the people want?

Last edited by 11 Bravo (2010-03-02 11:54:21)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5363|London, England

LostFate wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

Who exacly? because i know the British public would expect you to back us up, and i obviously can't speak for US citizens but i would have thought they would be more than happy to back the UK.
If it makes you feel better, I believe we should be backing you.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6721
Argies won't do shit. US should park a carrier outside of Argentina for the next few days and see whats up.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6689|United States of America

Cybargs wrote:

Argies won't do shit. US should park a carrier outside of Argentina for the next few days and see whats up.
UK maybe? I don't think Hugo would like if we started getting involved down there
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6721

DesertFox- wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

UK maybe? I don't think Hugo would like if we started getting involved down there
UK and US joint effort of course I think the US is staying out of this one for political backlash from Hugo. But the UK has helped out the US whenever they called, and I'm sure the US would return the favor. But Thatcher did gain a lot of political support for winning the war without US direct intervention.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6416|'Murka

DesertFox- wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

Hugo should STFU before we earthquake his ass.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6227|Escea

FEOS wrote:

DesertFox- wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

Hugo should STFU before we earthquake his ass.
Chile was but a warning...
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6410|North Carolina

JohnG@lt wrote:

ruisleipa wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

So far he's going down as one of the worst presidents in history... thanks for playing.
aahh I think he meant reagan.

although that's an equally stupid statement, probably more so.

thanks for playing?
Equally stupid statement? The guy came in on a wave of 'hope and change' and all he's managed to pass (with a supermajority no less) was a government takeover of GM and a 'stimulus' bill that did nothing more than save State employees jobs. The health care bill is a mess that no one wants and which is modeled on Massachusetts' failing system.

Granted he just entered his second year in office but so far he's accomplished nada except polarizing the country even more than it was before he took office.
I think Buchanan, Harding, Coolidge, and Andrew Johnson all have Obama beat by a longshot in terms of incompetence.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6416|'Murka

Turquoise wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

ruisleipa wrote:

aahh I think he meant reagan.

although that's an equally stupid statement, probably more so.

thanks for playing?
Equally stupid statement? The guy came in on a wave of 'hope and change' and all he's managed to pass (with a supermajority no less) was a government takeover of GM and a 'stimulus' bill that did nothing more than save State employees jobs. The health care bill is a mess that no one wants and which is modeled on Massachusetts' failing system.

Granted he just entered his second year in office but so far he's accomplished nada except polarizing the country even more than it was before he took office.
I think Buchanan, Harding, Coolidge, and Andrew Johnson all have Obama beat by a longshot in terms of incompetence.
Can't forget Wilson either. But then again, Obama seems to be modeling himself after Wilson...
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Turquoise
O Canada

FEOS wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Can't forget Wilson either. But then again, Obama seems to be modeling himself after Wilson...
Most historians don't put Wilson near the bottom like the others I mentioned.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical … ted_States

I'm not a huge fan of Wilson, but the lowest he tends to be placed is near the top of the second quartile of presidents we've had.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6626|London, England
inb4 war

One of the oil and gas companies currently drilling off the coast of the Falkland Islands says it may have struck oil.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/10100769.stm
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6776|PNW

Mekstizzle wrote:

inb4 war

One of the oil and gas companies currently drilling off the coast of the Falkland Islands says it may have struck oil.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/10100769.stm
inb4 WAAAAAAGH!!!

https://fc05.deviantart.net/fs38/f/2008/324/0/0/Ongrat_Firin_His_WAAAAGH_by_saiyan_frost.gif
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6718|Purplicious Wisconsin

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Why does either country care about a tiny fucking island?
Why does China want Taiwan?
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5183|Sydney
Why does China want Tibet?
Turquoise
O Canada

War Man wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Why does either country care about a tiny fucking island?
Why does China want Taiwan?
Well, to be fair, Taiwan has a shitload of economic worth.  The Falklands are pretty much worthless, unless it turns out that this oil deposit is big.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6626|London, England
China wants Tibet because it's a good strategic position. The source of many Rivers in South Asia. It's holding the high ground in the mountains on the plateau. Gaining leverage in the region. There's already talk about them damming up rivers which are of major importance to countries like India. Although I think that's illegal under international law, it still provides them with leverage... literally.

Plus what country doesn't want to control more land if it can. That's how shit is unfortunately, especially with Communist power-obsessed places like PRC.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard