11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5257|Cleveland, Ohio
are you not hearing me?  this is what the world wanted from us (obama).
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5378|London, England

Mekstizzle wrote:

It's not about that, but it would be interesting to see what would happen if Argentina decided to invade the Falklands again, whether the US would help or not. Can't recall much help last time that happened

The fact that he/they're deciding to stay neutral on it all is the silliest thing, basically what FEOS said. I can understand if the US does that when it comes to other situations in the world, but not when it comes to arguably its biggest ally
Blame Norway.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
LostFate
Same shit, Different Arsehole
+95|6505|England

Mekstizzle wrote:

arguably its biggest ally
Without a doubt its biggest ally.
ruisleipa
+149|6242|teh FIN-land

LostFate wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

arguably its biggest ally
Without a doubt its biggest ally.
much of the time its only ally (pacific islands not included).

Last edited by ruisleipa (2010-03-02 10:08:58)

-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5493|Ventura, California

Bertster7 wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Obama has already said the US is "remaining neutral" about this. Fucking facepalm junior varsity foreign policy.
I have no idea how he can say that. It's not like there's any question as to who should be allowed control of the Falklands, and as a US ally you'd think the least they could do is say they're supporting us, even if they're not physically doing anything.
Yeah - at least Reagan gave us missiles....
The U.S. will never have such a good president again.

Anyway, the UK could still kick Argentina's a$$ without US support. I don't know about if other South American countries team in though.

Edit:

Also, I think when the shit hits the fan and the UK and Argentina are fighting for oil, I think the US will change it's mind and help the UK.

Oh boy I wonder why

Last edited by -Sh1fty- (2010-03-02 10:16:52)

And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6598|Columbus, OH
We have the earthquake machine, just give us a long./latitude position
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

I have no idea how he can say that. It's not like there's any question as to who should be allowed control of the Falklands, and as a US ally you'd think the least they could do is say they're supporting us, even if they're not physically doing anything.
Yeah - at least Reagan gave us missiles....
The U.S. will never have such a good president again.

Anyway, the UK could still kick Argentina's a$$ without US support. I don't know about if other South American countries team in though.

Edit:

Also, I think when the shit hits the fan and the UK and Argentina are fighting for oil, I think the US will change it's mind and help the UK.

Oh boy I wonder why
So far he's going down as one of the worst presidents in history... thanks for playing.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
ruisleipa
+149|6242|teh FIN-land

JohnG@lt wrote:

So far he's going down as one of the worst presidents in history... thanks for playing.
aahh I think he meant reagan.

although that's an equally stupid statement, probably more so.

thanks for playing?
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6242|Escea

Falklands is a slightly different kettle of fish compared to Afghanistan. Considering Afghanistan is a central strategic point in the world, filled with whackos and used as a base by more whackos to plot/launch attacks on surrounding places.

In comparison, the Falklands is a small territory that doesn't need a huge coalition to fight over.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6517

JohnG@lt wrote:

lawl, this morning i saw a license plate frame that said

what would
Ronald Reagan do?

and as far as any other South American country coming to the defense of Argentina?
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6242|Escea

burnzz wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

lawl, this morning i saw a license plate frame that said

what would
Ronald Reagan do?

and as far as any other South American country coming to the defense of Argentina?
Wonder if 'ugo will put on his war hat.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

ruisleipa wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

aahh I think he meant reagan.

although that's an equally stupid statement, probably more so.

thanks for playing?
Equally stupid statement? The guy came in on a wave of 'hope and change' and all he's managed to pass (with a supermajority no less) was a government takeover of GM and a 'stimulus' bill that did nothing more than save State employees jobs. The health care bill is a mess that no one wants and which is modeled on Massachusetts' failing system.

Granted he just entered his second year in office but so far he's accomplished nada except polarizing the country even more than it was before he took office.

Last edited by JohnG@lt (2010-03-02 10:27:36)

-Frederick Bastiat
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6517

M.O.A.B wrote:

he would if it were the US. Venezuela, hell not one other S.A. country stepped up the last time the UK rolled into the Falklands . . .
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6242|Escea

burnzz wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

he would if it were the US. Venezuela, hell not one other S.A. country stepped up the last time the UK rolled into the Falklands . . .
Aye.
ruisleipa
+149|6242|teh FIN-land
Sorry maybe I misunderstood. I think shifty meant reagan was the best president ever, but you thought he meant obama, which is why i said 'i think he meant reagan'. I didn't mean your statement was stupid, I meant the idea that no US president will ever be (or has been) 'better' than reagan was stupid.
Commie Killer
+192|6406
The British don't need our support, if they shit hit the fan, of course we would support the U.K., but until that happens expect Obama to keep his mouth shut. He doesn't need to give Hugo any more fuel for his "the imperialistic gringos are trying to take over South America" tirade.
11 Bravo
Banned

Commie Killer wrote:

The British don't need our support, if they shit hit the fan, of course we would support the U.K., but until that happens expect Obama to keep his mouth shut. He doesn't need to give Hugo any more fuel for his "the imperialistic gringos are trying to take over South America" tirade.
zactly.  they bitch when they get bush talk then bitch when they dont.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

ruisleipa wrote:

Sorry maybe I misunderstood. I think shifty meant reagan was the best president ever, but you thought he meant obama, which is why i said 'i think he meant reagan'. I didn't mean your statement was stupid, I meant the idea that no US president will ever be (or has been) 'better' than reagan was stupid.
You're right, I didn't see he was quoting something about Reagan. Everything up to that point in the thread had been bitching about Obama bailing on the UK.

Eisenhower was the last good president this country has had. Reagan had charisma but he was the quintessential deficit spender.
-Frederick Bastiat
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5493|Ventura, California

ruisleipa wrote:

Just a way of saying things differently

But yeah he was an amazing public speaker and if I recall correctly most people had a job. He was great military wise too.

Again...AFAIK.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6669

11 Bravo wrote:

There's a difference between invading other countries, and making a simple speech rejecting Argentina's illegitimate claim to the Falklands.
11 Bravo
Banned

ghettoperson wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

There's a difference between invading other countries, and making a simple speech rejecting Argentina's illegitimate claim to the Falklands.
no really?  a difference between those two?

dont try and assume i agree with obama not saying anything, but you get what you ask for tbh.
Commie Killer
+192|6406

JohnG@lt wrote:

ruisleipa wrote:

You're right, I didn't see he was quoting something about Reagan. Everything up to that point in the thread had been bitching about Obama bailing on the UK.

Eisenhower was the last good president this country has had. Reagan had charisma but he was the quintessential deficit spender.
Massive Retaliation was a pretty big downside to his admin imho
ghettoperson
+1,943|6669

11 Bravo wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

no really?  a difference between those two?

dont try and assume i agree with obama not saying anything, but you get what you ask for tbh.
I don't think anyone's ever claimed they don't want the US to have anything to with the world, we just resent it when you wander off invading people for no reason.
11 Bravo
Banned
afghan was no reason?  righto
ruisleipa
+149|6242|teh FIN-land

11 Bravo wrote:

afghan was no reason?  righto
lol from falklands to afghan...

whats afghanistan got to do with anything exactly?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard