Mitch
16 more years
+877|6536|South Florida

JohnG@lt wrote:

Mitch wrote:

They need to make bf3 like bf2 1.2 or even the final fixed 1.3 but with servers with the option of "inf only no explosives" or even just c4 explosives. it would be a way to stop the gay fucking claywhoring and nade spamming.

i miss bf2 =[
Should just limit everyone to one grenade imo (replenished by ammo packs)
that would be a great idea. one nade with the limit of like 4 ammo packs per life that way you cant have the old ammo giver getting assists and nade spammer getting unlimited nades.
15 more years! 15 more years!
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6602|Reisterstown, MD

People will find a way around it...just like using the One Man Army perk in MW2 to spam 203's.
Bevo
Nah
+718|6532|Austin, Texas

DrunkFace wrote:

Lucien wrote:

yellowtext #1 was talking about BFBC2 choppers
yellowtext #2 was talking about SF choppers

your face doesn't make sense
lol l2comprehension.

He's talking about a 'trend' in chopper manoeuvrability being diminished through the various progressions of the BF series specifically barrel rolls and circle strafing, but then claims that the SF choppers (the second of the 4 progressions stated) have better manoeuvrability, specifically circle strafing which contradicts the trend and his whole argument.
that wasn't me.
mikkel
+383|6612

Sydney wrote:

Best chopper physics was the Apache in Desert Combat tbh.
This man speaks the truth. The helicopter balance in Desert Combat was also far, far superior to any variation and version of BF2. You could kick ass, but if you got cocky even in the slightest sense, you'd get your shit fucked up.

If I still had BF1942 installed, I'd take you to school in a Gazala canyon race, Syd.
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6725|Purplicious Wisconsin

CapnNismo wrote:

I'd like to see at least a stats thing similar to what 2142 had. That was a very fair points thing. You won extra points whenever you reached an achievement and it didn't take weeks or months to level up to be able to unlock weapons and equipment.

Anyone have a rumor on when this thing is going to be hitting shelves? Maybe Christmastime?
It won't take weaks to unlock stuff
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5799|Catherine Black

War Man wrote:

CapnNismo wrote:

I'd like to see at least a stats thing similar to what 2142 had. That was a very fair points thing. You won extra points whenever you reached an achievement and it didn't take weeks or months to level up to be able to unlock weapons and equipment.

Anyone have a rumor on when this thing is going to be hitting shelves? Maybe Christmastime?
How do you know?
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
War Man

Finray wrote:

War Man wrote:

CapnNismo wrote:

How do you know?
The later guns require so many points in the beta 'cause Dice wants us to buy the game to be able to unlock everything.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5799|Catherine Black

War Man wrote:

Finray wrote:

War Man wrote:

How do you know?
The later guns require so many points in the beta 'cause Dice wants us to buy the game to be able to unlock everything.
This is BF3, not BFBC
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6234|Escea

Whether or not this had been posted I don't know, but there's a rumour BF3 will go out on all systems.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5485|Ventura, California
All systems = nerfing for PC = unhappy PC gamers = rich EA/DICE = happy console fucking cunts who deserve anal rape daily.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6234|Escea

-Sh1fty- wrote:

All systems = nerfing for PC = unhappy PC gamers = rich EA/DICE = happy console fucking cunts who deserve anal rape daily.
Supply and demand.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty

M.O.A.B wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Supply and demand.
In other words, we get screwed.
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6656

JohnG@lt wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

Lucien wrote:

yellowtext #1 was talking about BFBC2 choppers
yellowtext #2 was talking about SF choppers

your face doesn't make sense
lol l2comprehension.

He's talking about a 'trend' in chopper manoeuvrability being diminished through the various progressions of the BF series specifically barrel rolls and circle strafing, but then claims that the SF choppers (the second of the 4 progressions stated) have better manoeuvrability, specifically circle strafing which contradicts the trend and his whole argument.
Well they had to do something to nerf pilots. Very rarely could you ever see someone go 25-1 in a tank but it happened regularly in choppers and planes. Yes, it took skill for a pilot to go 25-1 but even the most hardcore pilot should surely be able to see that they were massively overpowered with no natural counter.

Flying is the most fun you can have in the game, no doubt, and I'm not suggesting that a plane should be brought down with an AK-47, but they did the game a disservice when they didn't implement an effective counter. Helicopters especially have been vulnerable since halfway through Vietnam when Hueys were getting shot down on a daily basis. This should've been reflected in the game better.
yeah some type of counter needs to implemented against planes like in real life they have good anti aircraft weapons/vehicles to battle the aircraft, something similar should be developed to fight aircraft, so they dont rank up all of the kills. Also players should be able to change uniforms, customize weapons, add different patches to their shoulder pad/arm especially if they are part of some clan. For example if a plane drops a bomb there should be a crater, so you can kind of go in there and hide.... or take cover at least. One should be able to go underwater while swimming so they are not exposed to fire all the time aka snipers and such. Shooting through wall should be a given, as well as total environmental destruction, being able to blow up trees, houses, buildings. You should be able to throw a knife, or choke someone with a wire if needed or hit them with a your weapons stock to knock an enemy player unconscious or possibly get a kill like that.  There should be blood when you shoot guys... and while you hit the guy in the leg he should limp.. or if you hit him in an arm or some other body part which is survivable the player should be able to survive and heal up limp or basically pull themselves to a bunker or where ever and heal up, or play like that until they get killed. So you may shoot the guy he may fall down the ground injured you may think he is dead but he may still end up shooting at you until he is completely eliminated. Also the players should be allowed to fully customized uniforms.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
Finray you pretty much described ArmA 2.
War Man

Finray wrote:

War Man wrote:

Finray wrote:

How do you know?
This is BF3, not BFBC
I was talking about BC2
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5369|London, England

blademaster wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

lol l2comprehension.

Well they had to do something to nerf pilots. Very rarely could you ever see someone go 25-1 in a tank but it happened regularly in choppers and planes. Yes, it took skill for a pilot to go 25-1 but even the most hardcore pilot should surely be able to see that they were massively overpowered with no natural counter.

Flying is the most fun you can have in the game, no doubt, and I'm not suggesting that a plane should be brought down with an AK-47, but they did the game a disservice when they didn't implement an effective counter. Helicopters especially have been vulnerable since halfway through Vietnam when Hueys were getting shot down on a daily basis. This should've been reflected in the game better.
yeah some type of counter needs to implemented against planes like in real life they have good anti aircraft weapons/vehicles to battle the aircraft, something similar should be developed to fight aircraft, so they dont rank up all of the kills. Also players should be able to change uniforms, customize weapons, add different patches to their shoulder pad/arm especially if they are part of some clan. For example if a plane drops a bomb there should be a crater, so you can kind of go in there and hide.... or take cover at least. One should be able to go underwater while swimming so they are not exposed to fire all the time aka snipers and such. Shooting through wall should be a given, as well as total environmental destruction, being able to blow up trees, houses, buildings. You should be able to throw a knife, or choke someone with a wire if needed or hit them with a your weapons stock to knock an enemy player unconscious or possibly get a kill like that.  There should be blood when you shoot guys... and while you hit the guy in the leg he should limp.. or if you hit him in an arm or some other body part which is survivable the player should be able to survive and heal up limp or basically pull themselves to a bunker or where ever and heal up, or play like that until they get killed. So you may shoot the guy he may fall down the ground injured you may think he is dead but he may still end up shooting at you until he is completely eliminated. Also the players should be allowed to fully customized uniforms.
Didn't you just describe MW2?
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6656

JohnG@lt wrote:

blademaster wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Didn't you just describe MW2?
I hope not lol........
I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6143|Scotland!

blademaster wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

lol l2comprehension.

This sounds like a shit game. limping and changing clothes lol

Give me a battlefield game with basic graphics,  fast movement, twitch shooting, medium health and high damage and I'll be over the moon.
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6656

I'm Jamesey wrote:

blademaster wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Give me a battlefield game with basic graphics,  fast movement, twitch shooting, medium health and high damage and I'll be over the moon.
ahahhaha yeah u are just saying that since u havent played it yet... if u were to play the game ur dick would fall off....
I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6143|Scotland!

blademaster wrote:

I'm Jamesey wrote:

blademaster wrote:

ahahhaha yeah u are just saying that since u havent played it yet... if u were to play the game ur dick would fall off....
Fuck yeah it'd be awesome fighting a 5v1 for a flag knowing that I could potentially end up half clothed limping with no arms trying to find somewhere to hide every time a bullet is fired at me.

Give me a game where if my aim is better I can roll through 10 guys without breaking a sweat, like bf2 but with less random spray and bad reg.
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6726|US
I miss the good old days of BF2.
Bring it back, please, DICE?
henno13
A generally unremarkable member
+230|6360|Belfast

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Not all console players are cunts who deserve to get anal raped. e.g, me.

Though I do agree that most do, e.g the 12 year old faggots who spam music and trash talk even though they haven't hit puberty.

Last edited by henno13 (2010-02-23 14:49:08)

Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6678

I'm Jamesey wrote:

Give me a game where if my aim is better I can roll through 10 guys without breaking a sweat, like bf2 but with less random spray and bad reg.
And where spamming jump-prone hit reg exploits don't work, right?

I've taken out squads by my lonesome on BF2 before, but being sneaky and picking them off from behind and/or effective use of the SVD.  Not being in an open area spasmatic proning and jumping?
I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6143|Scotland!

Ilocano wrote:

I'm Jamesey wrote:

I've taken out squads by my lonesome on BF2 before, but being sneaky and picking them off from behind and/or effective use of the SVD.  Not being in an open area spasmatic proning and jumping?
call it an exploit if you want, but if you jump I'll aim up, if you prone I'll aim down and if you flying prone I'll aim where you're going to land and either way you'll die.
TrashBlinD
french canadians suck
+135|6653|can

I'm Jamesey wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

I'm Jamesey wrote:

call it an exploit if you want, but if you jump I'll aim up, if you prone I'll aim down and if you flying prone I'll aim where you're going to land and either way you'll die.
But it's not realeestick !!!!! ! !! ! Look at BF2, the game got so much better once DICE started listening to us and FIXED bf2 by removing all the bunny hopping NOOBS ! The game is so much better now, so smooth ! How dare theses UNSKILLED 14 YEAR OLD KIDS used MOVEMENT to gain an advantage ! This is not a game ! THIS IS WAR THIS IS THE ARMY SON, REELISM OR DAYE ! SEMPER FI SOLDIER !! !!! !!!!

btw plz join my clang elite marine unit http://77thmeu.proboards.com/index.cgi

Last edited by TrashBlinD (2010-02-23 20:01:31)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard