NeXuS
Shock it till ya know it
+375|6331|Atlanta, Georgia
Whats the highest DPI mouse available?
Rod Foxx
Warblgarbl
+78|5973|Perth, Australia
Highest that i've seen are 5600 dpi on the Razer Mamba, Imperatorand Naga. Oh, supposedly some Logitech's such as the G500 and the G9x will do 5700 dpi.

Haven't seen any higher before. Although i'm not sure why you'd need to go higher.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6726|Oxferd Ohire

Rod Foxx wrote:

Haven't seen any higher before. Although i'm not sure why you'd need to go higher.
This leads me to wonder, what exactly are people using 5600 dpi for? Whenever I use the Mamba it's around the middle of dpi...

The Razer Mamba is nice if you wan to spend the money, but there's a problem with the wheel being squeaky. It also fells less sturdy than my G5
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6642
you can fix the squeaky wheel by popping the cover and putting a piece of tissue or whatever under a piece of the scrollwheel, look it up. the Mamba definitely feels a little better than my G5 did, which is still my second favorite mouse, but I basically prefer the mamba in every way other than the scrollwheel.

of course when you take price into account the G5 is a much much better deal

Anyone know what the G500 is like?
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
GodFather
Blademaster's bottom bitch
+387|6209|Phoenix, AZ
https://dragonsystem-web.com/catalog/images/g7_1.jpg

This one has carbon fiber so you can move it faster on your mouse
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6301

Guaranteed you won't use/need more than 3000.
Brasso
+1,549|6619

<----- has used 1600 since 2005
<----- pro gamer

Last edited by haffeysucks (2010-02-25 20:01:43)

"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
SplinterStrike
Roamer
+250|6400|Eskimo land. AKA Canada.
I survive using 800. Can go to 2000 with my mouse though.
I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6121|Scotland!
90-5040 on the qpad 5k, never needed to go above 1.5k dpi
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6642
I used 800dpi until I simply couldn't set my mouse sensitivity low enough in games anymore and switched to a more common sensitivity. Seems like everyone thinks changing your dpi while using the same sensitivity is beneficial. Spoiler: it's not, enjoy your worse aim while adjusting to it.
NeXuS
Shock it till ya know it
+375|6331|Atlanta, Georgia
I have a Razer Diamond back and the highest DPI is 1800. That's my preferred level. I was just wondering how high it was possible for the DPI to go.
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6186|Winland

Lucien wrote:

I used 800dpi until I simply couldn't set my mouse sensitivity low enough in games anymore and switched to a more common sensitivity. Seems like everyone thinks changing your dpi while using the same sensitivity is beneficial. Spoiler: it's not, enjoy your worse aim while adjusting to it.
1:1 mapping, bro.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6458

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Lucien wrote:

Maybe beneficial in theory...
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6186|Winland

NooBesT wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Lucien wrote:

Maybe beneficial in theory...
I used to be all over the place, much sensitivity, little sensitivity, even mouse acceleration. But once I 1:1'd, I ain't going back.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6642
even mouse acceleration
Mouse acceleration is great, too bad it's grossly misunderstood and barely supported.

Q3 style accel: extremely low sensitivty, when you move your mouse above a certain speed your sensitivity increases to a set value, typically high enough for flick shots and such. So you're basically playing with two sensitivities at once which was very popular amongst quake players.
Modern style accel: every time you move your mouse you end up somewhere between to the left and to the right of where you wanted

and last I checked 1:1 only mattered for windows' sensitivity, I have never heard anyone talk about a different kind of 1:1.
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6186|Winland

Lucien wrote:

even mouse acceleration
and last I checked 1:1 only mattered for windows' sensitivity, I have never heard anyone talk about a different kind of 1:1.
1:1 means that the cursor will move one step per step reported by the mouse. If you lower the sensitivity, that becomes something like one step per two steps reported by the mouse, if you raise it, you get two steps per one step the mouse reports.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard