+2,418|6714

mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6714

KuSTaV
noice
+947|6571|Gold Coast

hahahahaha fuck this is good.
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png

this kid is clearly drunk
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6831|PNW

It's a dead tie between whether I like this guy or Eliphas better.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6831|PNW

Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4902|Amsterdam
i've seen a dutch documetary about this sort of thing.
the people that cant handle this sort of advertisement are often just insecure.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6831|PNW

I agree and disagree with the speaker on a number of things. Presenting a photoshopped image as a natural standard of beauty sets unrealistic standards and is, at least on the subconscious level, emotionally and eventually physiologically harmful to those it affects. But if using women creatively in advertisements was inherently harmful, women would be safest under burka-imposing societies where it was forbidden.

I don't think a law should be instituted to prohibit altered photos, but I think magazines and other media should be pressured to indicate that it had been done in a disclaimer that can be easily seen on casual glance.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4902|Amsterdam
Everybody these days knows that theyre either photoshopped and/or have a thick layer of make-up on. So why indicate the obvious? Its wrong if they claim that their photos are natural when theyre obviously not (this has happenned) but to slap a photoshop sticker on every magazine (since 90%+ of all magazines use it)? Seems a bit excessive. Some people must be pretty damn stupid if theyre not clever enough to figure out that the advertising world is full of shit.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4902|Amsterdam
The beauty standard has always been above whats realistic for most people.
If fat is the highest achievable beauty than skinny women will bitch about how they cant get as fat as that women on the vogue cover no matter how much they eat.
Setting the standard so high causes people to strive for more and more and using photoshop can make this pretty dangerous for some.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6831|PNW

Kampframmer wrote:

Everybody these days knows that theyre either photoshopped and/or have a thick layer of make-up on. So why indicate the obvious? Its wrong if they claim that their photos are natural when theyre obviously not (this has happenned) but to slap a photoshop sticker on every magazine (since 90%+ of all magazines use it)? Seems a bit excessive. Some people must be pretty damn stupid if theyre not clever enough to figure out that the advertising world is full of shit.
Your conscious and subconscious mind perceive things differently. It could be that an immediate reminder would help, and the inconvenience of having to include one would just encourage magazines to hire better photography, makeup and lighting people rather than send everything to get digitally butchered by a leering artist.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4902|Amsterdam

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Kampframmer wrote:

Your conscious and subconscious mind perceive things differently. It could be that an immediate reminder would help, and the inconvenience of having to include one would just encourage magazines to hire better photography, makeup and lighting people rather than send everything to get digitally butchered by a leering artist.
i can only hope that the latter will happen, but even that doesnt quite satisfy me.
The standard of true beauty (by true, i mean non-photoshopped) in advertisement has actually gone back quite a bit due to PS. If a model doesnt have quite what it takes, teh can just hire her anyway because they'll just photoshop whatever she's missing.
Only when the advertisment world would stop using photoshop and 10 layers of make-up will we see truly beatiful women in a magazine. The women that have the looks to really deserve to stand on a cover and be viewed by millions.
Not a random 18-year-old skinny girl that gets photoshopped.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4902|Amsterdam
But i dont think PS will every disappear out of the advertisment world as it is just too powerful a tool to make a cheap to hire model as beatiful as a top class model.
Its all about economic efficiency.

Last edited by Kampframmer (2011-06-01 01:46:18)

Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5645

From advertising to violence towards women. lol

I wonder if feminist will realize that idealized advertising isn't something that only women are the victims of. (I use the word 'victim' loosely of course). Men are objectified constantly too, I don't hear anyone complaining about that.

Not every guy looks or can look as great as this guy yet I don't hear anyone, male or female, talking about male body issues.
https://cdn02.cdn.socialitelife.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/alexander-skarsgard-shirtless-12232010-01.jpg
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4902|Amsterdam

Macbeth wrote:

I wonder if feminist will realize that idealized advertising isn't something that only women are the victims of.
no they dont.
Thats why theyre feminists.

but any other woman does. I think lots of women want men to look like that, but i think most men just dont give a shit about achieving the highest possible beauty standard.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6831|PNW

Men =/= teenage girls.

Macbeth wrote:

From advertising to violence towards women. lol

I wonder if feminist will realize that idealized advertising isn't something that only women are the victims of. (I use the word 'victim' loosely of course). Men are objectified constantly too, I don't hear anyone complaining about that.

Not every guy looks or can look as great as this guy yet I don't hear anyone, male or female, talking about male body issues.
http://cdn02.cdn.socialitelife.com/wp-c … 010-01.jpg
i already have assumed that's prolly not his body lol
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6557

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Men =/= teenage girls.
viva la difference!
Backupwayback
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
+73|6360
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6831|PNW

Playing with it like a cat. LOL.
CC-Marley
+407|6888
future cereal killer...
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6831|PNW

Hide your Captain Crunch.
KuSTaV
noice
+947|6571|Gold Coast

whaaaaaaaaaat

Spoiler (highlight to read):
damn that gt-r is fast
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|5028|Dundee, Scotland.

KuSTaV wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8O5ncJW … r_embedded

whaaaaaaaaaat

Spoiler (highlight to read):
damn that gt-r is fast
hahahaha shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittttt
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard