Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5358|London, England

DesertFox- wrote:

It is an ideal situation, but I don't do anything about it, unless you count giving condescending looks to drunk people.
I bet it would be difficult to slide a toothpick between your ass cheeks. Lighten up man, nothing wrong with the occasional social drinking. Getting drunk every night? Problem. Getting drunk once or twice a month with your friends? Fun.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Turquoise wrote:

jord wrote:

You can do all that, but then people will wonder whether they are living or just existing...
Pretty much.  That's why I drink, fuck, and drive -- but not all at once.
You're missing out on life
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6405|North Carolina

JohnG@lt wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

jord wrote:

You can do all that, but then people will wonder whether they are living or just existing...
I drink and fuck at once...  *imitates Meatloaf*  "Two out of three ain't bad!"
LostFate
Same shit, Different Arsehole
+95|6486|England

JohnG@lt wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

jord wrote:

Abit hard to stear with a beer in one hand and a titty (pardon) Breast in the other !

Last edited by LostFate (2010-02-20 12:13:18)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

LostFate wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Abit hard to stear with a beer in one hand and a titty (pardon) Breast in the other !
That's why you have knees.
-Frederick Bastiat
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6529|Global Command
Besides, you can get your uncle to buy you a sixer for the price of 1.5 stale tap beers from your local swill joint.
LostFate
Same shit, Different Arsehole
+95|6486|England

JohnG@lt wrote:

LostFate wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

That's why you have knees.
Oh thats what there for.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6685|United States of America

JohnG@lt wrote:

DesertFox- wrote:

It is an ideal situation, but I don't do anything about it, unless you count giving condescending looks to drunk people.
I bet it would be difficult to slide a toothpick between your ass cheeks. Lighten up man, nothing wrong with the occasional social drinking. Getting drunk every night? Problem. Getting drunk once or twice a month with your friends? Fun.
This is one of my earlier points that people make a big deal out of it. Jim Gaffigan had a bit about this subject that I found quite interesting as well:

^ best video I could find of just that joke, but it gets the point across. To me, there's an insane amount of other activities that are more fun than getting wasted (I don't like vomitting, dunno about you guys), but I also find people more often than not are drinking to get drunk and most of the time don't stop until they can no longer hold a container to drink from. I've got nothing against alcohol per se, it's the constant idea of overconsumption of it that puts me off.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6411|'Murka

DesertFox- wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

DesertFox- wrote:

This is one of my earlier points that people make a big deal out of it. Jim Gaffigan had a bit about this subject that I found quite interesting as well:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-X2zPMB5dk
^ best video I could find of just that joke, but it gets the point across. To me, there's an insane amount of other activities that are more fun than getting wasted (I don't like vomitting, dunno about you guys), but I also find people more often than not are drinking to get drunk and most of the time don't stop until they can no longer hold a container to drink from. I've got nothing against alcohol per se, it's the constant idea of overconsumption of it that puts me off.
That's because they're amateurs, tbh.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

DesertFox- wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

DesertFox- wrote:

This is one of my earlier points that people make a big deal out of it. Jim Gaffigan had a bit about this subject that I found quite interesting as well:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-X2zPMB5dk
I'm assuming that you're really young because you assume that social drinking means you drink till you vomit. I threw a surprise birthday party for my gf last night, had about five beers and had a good time. Five beers is hardly enough for me to get anything more than a buzz.
-Frederick Bastiat
Ticia
+73|5336

Turquoise wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

jord wrote:

I feel bad for the women you fuck.

FEOS wrote:

DesertFox- wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

That's because they're amateurs, tbh.
And the professional drinkers are?
The ones who drink at home alone and end up in AA by age 40?
Turquoise
O Canada

Ticia wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Yes, but they feel good....     (Sorry, had to go there)
Ticia
+73|5336

Turquoise wrote:

Ticia wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

That's called faking it.
Turquoise
O Canada

Ticia wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Ticia wrote:

That's called faking it.
Well, even if they're faking it....

I still know I'm not.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Ticia wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Ticia wrote:

That's called faking it.
https://i613.photobucket.com/albums/tt213/SvenvW/Fun%20stuff/badum-tish.jpg

Last edited by JohnG@lt (2010-02-20 13:02:27)

-Frederick Bastiat
Ticia
+73|5336

Turquoise wrote:

Ticia wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

That's called faking it.
Well, even if they're faking it....

I still know I'm not.
You're drunk you wouldn't know.
DesertFox-

JohnG@lt wrote:

DesertFox- wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

I'm assuming that you're really young because you assume that social drinking means you drink till you vomit. I threw a surprise birthday party for my gf last night, had about five beers and had a good time. Five beers is hardly enough for me to get anything more than a buzz.
It's strange how you don't see people with the urge to consume multiple bottles/cans/glasses of most nonalcoholic beverages in the course of a sitting, though..
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

DesertFox- wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

DesertFox- wrote:

It's strange how you don't see people with the urge to consume multiple bottles/cans/glasses of most nonalcoholic beverages in the course of a sitting, though..
So? Why do you care what I ingest? Does it impact your life in the slightest? No? Then bugger off.
-Frederick Bastiat
DesertFox-

JohnG@lt wrote:

DesertFox- wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

So? Why do you care what I ingest? Does it impact your life in the slightest? No? Then bugger off.
Yes, in fact, it does impact my life in numerous ways. Although I don't care what you ingest, you were the one who started drilling questions into me why I chose not to, why didn't I just use this same overused line as a repsonse?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

DesertFox- wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

DesertFox- wrote:

Yes, in fact, it does impact my life in numerous ways. Although I don't care what you ingest, you were the one who started drilling questions into me why I chose not to, why didn't I just use this same overused line as a repsonse?
How does it impact your life? I don't drive drunk. Last night I threw a party, had a beer at the beginning, won three games of beer pong, sat down and watched some of the Olympics and had another beer. About an hour after my last beer I drove home.

So... I ask again, how did I effect your life in any way shape or form last night?

If I split a bottle of wine over dinner how does that effect you?

Last edited by JohnG@lt (2010-02-20 13:22:34)

-Frederick Bastiat
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6538|Long Island, New York
Unless you're driving drunk you're not affecting anyone else's life.

So I'm with you, Galt.
DesertFox-

JohnG@lt wrote:

DesertFox- wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

How does it impact your life? I don't drive drunk. Last night I threw a party, had a beer at the beginning, won three games of beer pong, sat down and watched some of the Olympics and had another beer. About an hour after my last beer I drove home.

So... I ask again, how did I effect your life in any way shape or form last night?

Not you, specifically...those who engage in the consumption of alcoholic beverages
How does my not drinking affect YOU in any way?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

DesertFox- wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

DesertFox- wrote:

Not you, specifically...those who engage in the consumption of alcoholic beverages
It doesn't. I could care less. But it's attitudes like your own... the 'people shouldn't be allowed to do X' that I have a problem with.
-Frederick Bastiat
Ticia
+73|5336

DesertFox- wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

DesertFox- wrote:

'Cause the world doesn't need another uptight loser,get it?
ghettoperson
+1,943|6650

Ticia wrote:

DesertFox- wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

'Cause the world doesn't need another uptight loser,get it?
Haha high five!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard