unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

Macbeth wrote:

Wouldn't me being drunk in a bar trying to get laid be less dangerous than me being at home bored with a stockpile of weapons?
Here's an anecdotal account.

1) I don't drink, but I have a bunch of guns.
2) I never have to meet bail for DUi offenses on the part of any of my guns, nor have any of them decided to get hammered and then plow into a family sedan.
3) The guns only see the light of day at the range or while being maintained. Otherwise, they're holstered out of sight or ensconced within the safe.

So yeah, in my experience, alcohol is a more unpredictable substance than firearms. But it doesn't change the fact that people decades past teenage years are still god damn lowlifes who get wasted and always end up buzzing around my truck on the highway like flies around a fucking light bulb.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2010-02-20 01:16:13)

jord
+2,382|6678|The North, beyond the wall.

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Wouldn't me being drunk in a bar trying to get laid be less dangerous than me being at home bored with a stockpile of weapons?
Here's an anecdotal account.

1) I don't drink, but I have a bunch of guns.
2) I never have to meet bail for DUi offenses on the part of any of my guns, nor have any of them decided to get hammered and then plow into a family sedan.
3) The guns only see the light of day at the range or while being maintained. Otherwise, they're holstered out of sight or ensconced within the safe.

So yeah, in my experience, alcohol is a more unpredictable substance than firearms.
Even with these minor points you're making, in the grand scheme of things it's still a pretty stupid law. I think you should all be concentrating on how to legally change it so I can come on holiday there and drink legally.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

jord wrote:

Even with these minor points you're making, in the grand scheme of things it's still a pretty stupid law. I think you should all be concentrating on how to legally change it so I can come on holiday there and drink legally.
Edited during your post.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6106|eXtreme to the maX
I got carded in the US when I was 32. The law in Florida was if you looked under 25 they had to card you, or something like that.
That really is ridiculous.

Never asked for ID once in the UK.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2010-02-20 01:19:31)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
jord

Dilbert_X wrote:

I got carded in the US when I was 32. The law in Florida was if you looked under 25 they had to card you, or something like that.
That really is ridiculous.

Never asked for ID once in the UK.
Are you from here and moved to Ausland? I'm just curious.

Oh and my mother got ID'd at the shop when buying cigarettes, she's about 45...
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Migrated from UK to Aus 5 years ago.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6716
They should ban alcohol from stupid frat boys. God they annoy me.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
LostFate
Same shit, Different Arsehole
+95|6486|England
I'll be honest with you , I'm absolutly minging and ive got work in 2 hours LOL  Leathered!
GodFather
Blademaster's bottom bitch
+387|6220|Phoenix, AZ

LostFate wrote:

I'll be honest with you , I'm absolutly minging and ive got work in 2 hours LOL  Leathered!
hahahahah nice man

Drink some water and eat some bread... Keep doing that til your piss turns clear
I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6133|Scotland!

Macbeth wrote:

What about the chance that you're an immature 19 year old, you get drunk in a bar and someone slaps you around a bit, and then you return home drunk to a stockpile of weapons?
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6153|what

I find it hard to believe Macbeth is a "productive citizen"
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5586

More productive than you gif boy.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6498

he sure gets banned alot. there will come a day, when 19 seemed long ago, and Macbeth wakes up to look in the mirror to find he is

Dilbert_XL
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Macbeth wrote:

I don't think so.

Jamesey wrote:

What about the chance that you're an immature 19 year old, you get drunk in a bar and someone slaps you around a bit, and then you return home drunk to a stockpile of weapons?
Good point, aren't a lot of shootings carried out by fucktards who got dissed in a bar, or refused entry to a club and decide to exact some 'street justice'.

Just buy some firearms and forget about bars and clubs, they're crap anyway.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2010-02-20 04:38:16)

LostFate
+95|6486|England

DesertFox- wrote:

Although I'm a bit of a nutter, because I'd not mind if it were a dry country.
Are you F***ING serious?

Last edited by LostFate (2010-02-20 04:34:53)

Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5702|College Park, MD

Dilbert_X wrote:

clubs, they're crap anyway.
agreed 110%
a good bar is fun though

Macbeth you're closer to the Canadian border than I am. Go over there with 'some of ya mates' for a long weekend. You're old enough to drink in every province, and shit even if you weren't they probably wouldn't card you.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6685|United States of America

Turquoise wrote:

DesertFox- wrote:

I think it's odd that people put so much emphasis on booze anyway. In college, I see people who basically base their lives around the consumption of alcohol, and there just seems something wrong about that to me.

Uh....  Prohibition showed that didn't work.
I know it didn't work, and I'm not a proponent for legislation to ban it again (because it wouldn't work). As a dry country, I mean that in a way that no one would even want alcohol, but it's a pipe dream because intoxication is just so damn tightly integrated into our culture.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6405|North Carolina

DesertFox- wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

DesertFox- wrote:

I think it's odd that people put so much emphasis on booze anyway. In college, I see people who basically base their lives around the consumption of alcohol, and there just seems something wrong about that to me.

I know it didn't work, and I'm not a proponent for legislation to ban it again (because it wouldn't work). As a dry country, I mean that in a way that no one would even want alcohol, but it's a pipe dream because intoxication is just so damn tightly integrated into our culture.
Ah...  Well, I suppose if no one ever wanted to get drunk or high, we'd have less problems as a society, but there are a lot of things people like that lead to problems.

Look at junk food, for example.  If we ate healthier, healthcare would likely be cheaper.  Society would be more efficient and would have less car accidents if most of the population used metro rather than driving everywhere.  Society would have far fewer venereal diseases, fewer single parents, and fewer kids put up for adoption if people saved sex for marriage and rarely ever divorced.

There are a lot of ideals out there that would be nice in terms of repercussions but will probably never happen, but I guess I'm too cynical to really give them much thought or credit because of said unlikeliness of implementation.

For me, it's less about what is ideal and more about what is practical.

Last edited by Turquoise (2010-02-20 10:12:52)

DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6685|United States of America
It is an ideal situation, but I don't do anything about it, unless you count giving condescending looks to drunk people.
jord

Turquoise wrote:

DesertFox- wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Ah...  Well, I suppose if no one ever wanted to get drunk or high, we'd have less problems as a society, but there are a lot of things people like that lead to problems.

Look at junk food, for example.  If we ate healthier, healthcare would likely be cheaper.  Society would be more efficient and would have less car accidents if most of the population used metro rather than driving everywhere.  Society would have far fewer venereal diseases, fewer single parents, and fewer kids put up for adoption if people saved sex for marriage and rarely ever divorced.

There are a lot of ideals out there that would be nice in terms of repercussions but will probably never happen, but I guess I'm too cynical to really give them much thought or credit because of said unlikeliness of implementation.

You can do all that, but then people will wonder whether they are living or just existing...
LostFate
+95|6486|England

jord wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

DesertFox- wrote:

You can do all that, but then people will wonder whether they are living or just existing...
Damn right Jord , if you don't want to drink then don't drink, dont whine about it and if you do want to drink come to sheffied an ill get the shots in next weekend.
jord

LostFate wrote:

jord wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Damn right Jord , if you don't want to drink then don't drink, dont whine about it and if you do want to drink come to sheffied an ill get the shots in next weekend.
Skhoplite is from Sheffield I think. Everyone says they'll get shots but it never materialises. Like ever. Apart from once, when someone got us Chilli Chocolate shots in a black plastic tube, that was disgusting shit.

But yeah, I eat fried food every weekday for dinner at work, and usually end up getting a takeaway on Friday/Saturday after a night of drinking, I also don't exercise anymore. And I still weigh like 120 pounds, lol.

I'll worry about my body when I'm 50.
Turquoise
O Canada

jord wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

DesertFox- wrote:

Pretty much.  That's why I drink, fuck, and drive -- but not all at once.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6411|'Murka

Turquoise wrote:

jord wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Pretty much.  That's why I drink, fuck, and drive -- but not all at once.
Pussy.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Turquoise
O Canada
Lol...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard