Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5584

Since the weather is nice out and its the weekend I am trying to figure out something to do today.

I am not 21 years old so I can't hit a bar for another two years but I can buy a shotgun and enough ammo for it to kill an entire mall full of people.
Something is wrong there.
They say "drinking is dangerous and you should only do it as a mature adult, 21"but isn't a shotgun or hunting rifles, I can buy those too, more dangerous than a beer? Isn't the purpose of a hunting rifle to kill something as opposed to a beer's purpose of getting me drunk?
Wouldn't me being drunk in a bar trying to get laid be less dangerous than me being at home bored with a stockpile of weapons?

I think it would be safer, what do you think?

On a sidenote I need something to do this weekend, have car will travel.
jord
+2,382|6676|The North, beyond the wall.
The whole world including 99% of Americans think it's a ridiculous law, but whadya gonna do bout it
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6619|London, England
Yeah, 21 for (legal) drinking seems quite stupid in the US. They really need to look at their age laws for various things and then realise none of it makes any sense

You being drunk in a bar with access to a stockpile of weapons sounds more fun
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5541|Toronto
I would go to a museum...but I'm a boring prude.
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6595|Seattle

Mekstizzle wrote:

Yeah, 21 for (legal) drinking seems quite stupid in the US. They really need to look at their age laws for various things and then realise none of it makes any sense

You being drunk in a bar with access to a stockpile of weapons sounds more fun
I do that every other night. It's fun.
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5356|London, England
Can die for your country but you can't have a beer.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6619|London, England
There's no way they're ever gonna lower it though, how are you going to argue the pros vs cons of having the drinking age reduced?
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6496

JohnG@lt wrote:

i was in Oceanside, CA the day the first marine battalion (camp pendleton) came back from operation desert storm. they even rolled armor down main street, had a parade.
that evening, i went to a little bar near the beach, called the sand dollar. as i walked up to the door, there were three jarheads arguing with the bouncer. they said pretty much what you did, Galt.
one got in his face and said "are you going to be a little bitch?" the bouncer stood there, and the marine clocked him. i stopped, and went to the grocery store, picked up a sixer and went home.

i didn't want to be out that night.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5257|foggy bottom
its easier to spot a lunatic with a shotgun than it is drunkard about to plow into a minivan full of nuns, babies and kittens
Tu Stultus Es
Ticia
+73|5333

Macbeth wrote:

Since the weather is nice out and its the weekend I am trying to figure out something to do today.

I am not 21 years old so I can't hit a bar for another two years but I can buy a shotgun and enough ammo for it to kill an entire mall full of people.
Something is wrong there.
They say "drinking is dangerous and you should only do it as a mature adult, 21"but isn't a shotgun or hunting rifles, I can buy those too, more dangerous than a beer? Isn't the purpose of a hunting rifle to kill something as opposed to a beer's purpose of getting me drunk?
Wouldn't me being drunk in a bar trying to get laid be less dangerous than me being at home bored with a stockpile of weapons?

I think it would be safer, what do you think?

On a sidenote I need something to do this weekend, have car will travel.
I'm always saying America would have less alcoholics if the legal age was earlier.
Here to buy you have to be 16 but you can spot 14 year old kids drinking from the bottle and being a pain in the ass. By the time we're 21 booze lost its appeal.

On the other hand driving age is 18 maybe because every 16 year old is drinking himself silly.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6599|132 and Bush

JohnG@lt wrote:

True, but none of my marine buddies were sober at 19..lol
Xbone Stormsurgezz
ruisleipa
+149|6220|teh FIN-land
omg I think I agree with something macbeth said...the world's gone crazy
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5541|Toronto
So...you don't want to go to the museum?
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6691
Fuck it dude, go bowling.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6403|North Carolina

eleven bravo wrote:

its easier to spot a lunatic with a shotgun than it is drunkard about to plow into a minivan full of nuns, babies and kittens
A drunken lunatic is much easier to stop than an armed one...
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5356|London, England

Ticia wrote:

I'm always saying America would have less alcoholics if the legal age was earlier.
Here to buy you have to be 16 but you can spot 14 year old kids drinking from the bottle and being a pain in the ass. By the time we're 21 booze lost its appeal.

On the other hand driving age is 18 maybe because every 16 year old is drinking himself silly.
It's meant to cut down on underage drunk driving.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Turquoise
O Canada

JohnG@lt wrote:

Ticia wrote:

It's meant to cut down on underage drunk driving.
One could argue that the abundancy of cars and relative scarcity of mass transportation in America makes the drunk driving point moot at any age.

A lot of the reason for our drunk driving rates is specifically because we drive so often.  So MADD's focus on younger drivers is mostly misplaced, because the same logic they use could be applied to older drivers as well.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6683|United States of America
I think it's odd that people put so much emphasis on booze anyway. In college, I see people who basically base their lives around the consumption of alcohol, and there just seems something wrong about that to me.

Although I'm a bit of a nutter, because I'd not mind if it were a dry country.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6778|Great Brown North

DesertFox- wrote:

I think it's odd that people put so much emphasis on booze anyway. In college, I see people who basically base their lives around the consumption of alcohol, and there just seems something wrong about that to me.

i agree
jsnipy
+3,276|6521|...

I thought this thread was about serial killers

Last edited by jsnipy (2010-02-19 18:58:06)

Turquoise
O Canada

DesertFox- wrote:

Uh....  Prohibition showed that didn't work.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6663|NT, like Mick Dundee

jsnipy wrote:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/47/Dexter_Morgan.jpg
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

jord wrote:

The whole world including 99% of Americans think it's a ridiculous law, but whadya gonna do bout it
^this. Also, look at the age Americans can join the military...

Flecco wrote:

jsnipy wrote:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/e … Morgan.jpg
https://www.babble.com/CS/blogs/strollerderby/2008/07/16-22/chuckie.jpg

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2010-02-20 01:06:39)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6104|eXtreme to the maX
Find something to do, clay-shooting is one option.

Bars are generally dull dreary places, unless you're there with your mates or a naked girl is dancing around a pole.

I think I heard somewhere the drinking age thing was the rider the christian loons put on some Federal road bill, maybe that was the beer strength limit thing.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2010-02-20 01:09:00)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard