FloppY_
­
+1,010|6278|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

Sisco10 wrote:

Mike<Eagle23> wrote:

Sisco10 wrote:

I´m pretty sure that doesn´t work on the PC Beta. Neither does the armor upgrade. You can unlock them, evn select them on your kit, but they don´t work, only that scanner thingy
Why doesn't it work? It doesn't give you more armor points, it just lets you take less damage.
I understood that, but i did not have a way of "testing" it yet, but it does not feel better protected. Might be wrong about that, but the machine gun that should come with teh firepower perk is definately not there.
It isn't the firepower perk, firepower adds more damage to projectiles such as missiles and shells.. the armor secondary weapon is a locked unlockable in the beta..
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6336

FloppY_ wrote:

Sisco10 wrote:

Mike<Eagle23> wrote:

Why doesn't it work? It doesn't give you more armor points, it just lets you take less damage.
I understood that, but i did not have a way of "testing" it yet, but it does not feel better protected. Might be wrong about that, but the machine gun that should come with teh firepower perk is definately not there.
It isn't the firepower perk, firepower adds more damage to projectiles such as missiles and shells.. the armor secondary weapon is a locked unlockable in the beta..
I´m pretty sure I read somewhere that it the firepower perk adds the machinegun...
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6667|Canberra, AUS

Sisco10 wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Sisco10 wrote:

I´m pretty sure I read somewhere that it the firepower perk adds the machinegun...
i thought so too, but with a good gunner it hardly matters.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Sisco
+493|6336

Spark wrote:

Sisco10 wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

i thought so too, but with a good gunner it hardly matters.
true
FloppY_
­

Sisco10 wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Sisco10 wrote:

I am 99% certain that is says ingame and in the pre-purchase bonus list that secondary vehicle weapon =/= firepower
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6460

Sisco10 wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Sisco10 wrote:

There's another spec that adds the co-axial gun. And another one that makes the alt-fire a zoom feature.
Mike<Eagle23>
BF2sEU old school admin - I don't care who you are
+359|6720|Germany

Hm, so far we got in the beta:
- Spotting thingy
- improved armor
- more damage (no new weapon tho)

The others are:
- smoke
- secondary weapon
- zoom
- faster reload for main weapon
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5350|London, England
So BC2 lets you customize your char with perks like MW2 then? What's the ETA on release?
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6802|Nårvei

March 4th I beilieve ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6706|Purplicious Wisconsin

JohnG@lt wrote:

So BC2 lets you customize your char with perks like MW2 then? What's the ETA on release?
Sortof like perks, just not ones that increase the rate of fire of your gun. Some are weapon attachments.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
FloppY_
­

War Man wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Sortof like perks, just not ones that increase the rate of fire of your gun. Some are weapon attachments.
e.g. The assault class has 3 types of barrel mounted grenade launchers... Frag, smoke and shotgun... the latter of which, is 100% useless since it can fire once before having to reload and is much less powerfull than the normal fire of an assault rifle...
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

FloppY_ wrote:

War Man wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

e.g. The assault class has 3 types of barrel mounted grenade launchers... Frag, smoke and shotgun... the latter of which, is 100% useless since it can fire once before having to reload and is much less powerfull than the normal fire of an assault rifle...
That's quite silly tbh since a real grenadier carries all three types of rounds Why would they complicate things by making it a perk instead of just a toggle? Oh well.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
FloppY_
­

JohnG@lt wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

War Man wrote:

That's quite silly tbh since a real grenadier carries all three types of rounds Why would they complicate things by making it a perk instead of just a toggle? Oh well.
Because if it was a toggle it would be MASSIVELY unbalanced (You are "assault" class, not "grenadier")

EDIT: And do they really have shotgun rounds for underbarrel grenades these days irl?

Last edited by FloppY_ (2010-02-18 10:42:42)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

FloppY_ wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Because if it was a toggle it would be MASSIVELY unbalanced

EDIT: And do they really have shotgun rounds for underbarrel grenades these days irl?
They do have buckshot rounds, yeah.
-Frederick Bastiat
Mike<Eagle23>
BF2sEU old school admin - I don't care who you are
+359|6720|Germany

JohnG@lt wrote:

Why would they complicate things by making it a perk instead of just a toggle? Oh well.
One word: balance. You can't have everything, you have to decide what you like most / can use best. No allround-overlord-kit.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Mike<Eagle23> wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Why would they complicate things by making it a perk instead of just a toggle? Oh well.
One word: balance. You can't have everything, you have to decide what you like most / can use best. No allround-overlord-kit.
Well, I understand the need for balance, I just don't understand why giving both smoke grenades and noobtube rounds is overpowering.
-Frederick Bastiat
FloppY_
­

JohnG@lt wrote:

Mike<Eagle23> wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Well, I understand the need for balance, I just don't understand why giving both smoke grenades and noobtube rounds is overpowering.
You can cover a field with smoke, run in, and noobtube the hell out off them and finish them off with the shotgun (if it wasn't borked)
Sisco
+493|6336

FloppY_ wrote:

Sisco10 wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

I am 99% certain that is says ingame and in the pre-purchase bonus list that secondary vehicle weapon =/= firepower
You are right, I jsut looked it up ingame. Its not advanced Warheads, but Advanced Firepower or something like that. Mixed those two up. vOv
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6613|London, England
Is it me or does the tracer darts not work properly. The RPG's don't seem to lock on/home in very well. Sometimes they do, but mostly they don't. And it only lasts for about 10 seconds. I feel it's largely useless. You're better off having a real pistol instead and just using the regular spot to keep people informed about the enemy vehicles.

Plus the muzzle velocity of the tracer dart is so slow that it's frustrating how much you need to lead and compensate for drop on moving things.

Stick to the stationary AT mounts, they reload quite fast and usually you can take fools down quick with it.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6667|Canberra, AUS

Mekstizzle wrote:

Is it me or does the tracer darts not work properly. The RPG's don't seem to lock on/home in very well. Sometimes they do, but mostly they don't. And it only lasts for about 10 seconds. I feel it's largely useless. You're better off having a real pistol instead and just using the regular spot to keep people informed about the enemy vehicles.

Plus the muzzle velocity of the tracer dart is so slow that it's frustrating how much you need to lead and compensate for drop on moving things.

Stick to the stationary AT mounts, they reload quite fast and usually you can take fools down quick with it.
really? they work perfectly for me all the time

just make sure you're not trying to do something like fire over a massive hill and it should work
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
FloppY_
­

Mekstizzle wrote:

Tracer darts are so overpowered, A single engineer with tracer dart and RPG can suppress a tank to keep it from advancing... e.g. tracerdart the tank, go into your hideyhole (aka the first B Mcom station) and look at the dart-square-indicator (yes aim straight into the ground at it) untill it locks (stops blinking) then fire straight up into the air to see the epic arc the rocket makes as it turns towards its target which will by now either be rolling backwards to hide or drive to its certain death....

Works on snipers too

EDIT: Tracer darts have NO bullet drop, what-so-ever...

EDIT2: Stationary AT is a nice way to get lead fillings in your head since all of them are placed where the snipers look half the time...

^- This one was for you Meks :3

Last edited by FloppY_ (2010-02-18 16:48:00)

Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6613|London, England
I gotta do this before they nerf it for the release/few months after release!
FloppY_
­

Mekstizzle wrote:

I gotta do this before they nerf it for the release/few months after release!
T'is epic to emagine the "oh shi-" face on the vehicle driver as a rocket pops up / around the corner and hits him in the face

Last edited by FloppY_ (2010-02-18 17:26:12)

jsnipy
+3,276|6515|...

i feel like such a fuckheal for not playing, is this only gaybox360?

Last edited by jsnipy (2010-02-18 17:26:27)

War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6706|Purplicious Wisconsin

jsnipy wrote:

i feel like such a fuckheal for not playing, is this only gaybox360?
Do you not look things up?
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard