Announcement

Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/nf43FxS
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|3991|Cleveland, Ohio
seemed inflammatory to me.  anywho.


cba to read thru this mess, but has it been proved it was israel yet?
ruisleipa
Member
+149|4976|teh FIN-land
This BBC article has a pretty good summary so far

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/8537740.stm

I guess you can make up your own opinion on it all.

I wouldn't bother reading through this mess either tbh.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|5165|'Murka

ruisleipa wrote:

FEOS wrote:

"try growing a brain". Nice baseless attack. Reported. Try having a rational debate.
Did you tell on people at school too? I'd love to have a debate if you wouldn't misrepresent me constantly.
I recommend you read the rules of the forum. And get your emotions under control.

ruisleipa wrote:

FEOS wrote:

The generalization wasn't based on the Italian government. It was based on people from multiple European countries defending the practice. Hence the term "euros" and not "Italians".
Like who? And so what?
If you're curious, go back and read through that thread. It's irrelevant regardless, as the generalization is valid and your point was not.

ruisleipa wrote:

FEOS wrote:

ruisleipa wrote:


LMFAO you have no clue and don't read my posts! You mean objective like all the bits where say that assassination is wrong no matter who does it. If you show me where an Israeli is assassinated by anyone I'll condemn it too. Or when someone tries to build illegal settlelemtns in Israel or refuses Israelis basic human rights or crushes their houses with bulldozers and I'll condemn that shit too. BUT THEY DON'T. ISRAEL DO. Get it?
Have you ever condemned Hamas for their actions/tactics? No. You justify them by decrying Israel's tactics/actions. See below.
Well OK. I have NEVER justified Hamas' actions. If you show me where I have then I'll take it back. It's very wrong to shoot rockets at anyone. Happy now?

I could equally say you always go on about Hamas being the bad guys while totally ignoring any of Israel's illegal actions again and again. But I guess if you do it, it's OK? That's why I called you an Israel apologist. Never seen you say a bad word about Israel, now I come to think of it.
You have no idea what my position is regarding Israel and the Palestinians (notice I did not say Hamas). There hasn't really been a good thread that I have engaged in about that particular issue since you've "recently" joined the forums (assuming that you're truly a "new" member). So, assuming that you truly are a "new" member, you have no clue what my actual position is on that particular topic. So how is it again that you know enough to call me an "Israel apologist"?

ruisleipa wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Case in point.
What case in point? I just said they were wrong, and you say I'm justifying them!!!
It would be this case in point. You know...the one you didn't bother to include in your quote?

ruisleipa wrote:

I've also said that of course rocket attacks into Israel are wrong, but they're also totally inefficient and of a vastly different scale to the full on military onslaught of the IDF into Gaza. But please, if you want to point out some bits where you think I'm being one-sided against Israel be my guest.
See what you did there? You off-handedly said the rocket attacks are wrong, but it's really no big deal since they're "totally inefficient and of a vastly different scale to the full on military onslaught". Case in point. QED.

ruisleipa wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Who else could it be? That has already been put out there:

Nation states - Syria, Iran, or Russia
International cartels - Any number

Hamas does business with very shady characters. This guy was one of the prime dealers with those shady characters. If he was doing any kind of business that went bad, any of those other players could have put a hit on him and set it up to look like the Israelis. Typically, Mossad operates in a more professional manner than this, much less obvious. Not saying it couldn't be Israel. It certainly could. But it could just as easily be other players. There is certainly reasonable doubt.
The vast majority of evidence points to it being Israel. The British government seems to think it's Israel. Nowhere else apart for from you have I heard anyone suggest it could be Syria, Iran or Russia. I explained why I think it's Israel and as you admitted yourself all the evidence points to it being Israel. I don't see what the problem is.
The majority of publicly available circumstantial evidence. That doesn't mean Israel did it. It just means it looks like Israel might be responsible for it. For one who screams about burden of proof in other scenarios, you seem to be willing to throw the book at Israel on a much lesser requirement for proof.

ruisleipa wrote:

FEOS wrote:

ruisleipa wrote:

Personally I think it was Israel a) cos the guy was wanted by Israel, b) countries including Britain whose passport information was illegally used also think it was Israel c) israel has lots of form in this area previously d) there is NOT A SHRED OF EVIDENCE to suggest it was anyone else. So yeah, I'd bet my bottom dollar it was israel based on the scant evidence we have from internet sources and newspapers. So how is it hypocritical to say that Israel shouldn't have done it? It's not at all. Next time someone assassinates an Israeli politician anywhere I'd be happy to say they were wrong too, but that's beside the point, cos Israel murdered someone and they shouldn't bloody well have done it if they want to maintain the sliver of moral high ground they have left...which has all but disappeared anyway.
So you think assassination is never justified. I disagree. I think the STRATFOR article I posted made some pretty good arguments as to why assassination is still a viable tool of national power. There is much that must be done in this world that is distasteful. This is one example.
Way to ignore all the evidence. Jeez talk about head in the sand. You say I'm hypocritical yet when I explain myself you ignore your previous accusation perhaps cos you're aware you were wrong. Show me my hypocrisy or inconsistency, please, I beg you.

Aww actually ya know what, forget it. We can pick this up next time an Israel thread comes up cos I can't be arsed repeating myself again and again and again ad infinitum while you fail to grasp my very simple points and baselessly accuse me of hypocrisy.

ZZzzzzz.
I'm not ignoring the evidence. I'm applying the same ruleset you apply to others. Too bad you can't do the same.

That would be called hypocrisy, btw.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|3991|Cleveland, Ohio

ruisleipa wrote:

This BBC article has a pretty good summary so far

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/8537740.stm

I guess you can make up your own opinion on it all.

I wouldn't bother reading through this mess either tbh.
so thats a no.
ruisleipa
Member
+149|4976|teh FIN-land

FEOS wrote:

blah blah blah
lol I can keep repeating myself but what's the point? you made up your mind a long time ago.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|5165|'Murka

ruisleipa wrote:

FEOS wrote:

blah blah blah
lol I can keep repeating myself but what's the point?
That's right. Why bother addressing the facts in a debate forum? That would be far too tedious.

The troublesome thing with facts is that you repeating your position any number of times won't change them.

ruisleipa wrote:

you made up your mind a long time ago.
Irony is ironic.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
ruisleipa
Member
+149|4976|teh FIN-land

ruisleipa wrote:

lol I can keep repeating myself but what's the point? you made up your mind a long time ago.
try reading that again.
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|3991|Cleveland, Ohio

ruisleipa wrote:

FEOS wrote:

blah blah blah
lol I can keep repeating myself but what's the point? you made up your mind a long time ago.
you think you will change someones mind?

Last edited by 11 Bravo (2010-02-27 14:08:34)

ruisleipa
Member
+149|4976|teh FIN-land

FEOS wrote:

since you've "recently" joined the forums (assuming that you're truly a "new" member). So, assuming that you truly are a "new" member,
oh yeah I forgot this one..are you paranoid? see that 1049 by my name? that's how many days I've had a sign-in on bf2s.

you're weird.
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|3991|Cleveland, Ohio

ruisleipa wrote:

FEOS wrote:

since you've "recently" joined the forums (assuming that you're truly a "new" member). So, assuming that you truly are a "new" member,
oh yeah I forgot this one..are you paranoid? see that 1049 by my name? that's how many days I've had a sign-in on bf2s.

you're weird.

ruisleipa wrote:

ruisleipa wrote:

lol I can keep repeating myself but what's the point? you made up your mind a long time ago.
try reading that again.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2020 Jeff Minard