Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5357|London, England

Turquoise wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

And what experience would that be?
I grew up working class in a town where 1/4+ of the population was on Welfare/food stamps and living in government projects or subsidized housing. I sat and watched as my friends mom's taught their kids how to school the system and who was a cousin of whom and would hook them up etc. It's rampant.
How many of those people were actual social workers?
I think four of them, another two worked at the DMV.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
CammRobb
Banned
+1,510|6129|Carnoustie MASSIF

smuder201 wrote:

Daily Mail, lol just fuckin lol. that piece of shit rag I would'nt wipe my arse with it tbh, full of half truths & sabre rattling.
Oh come on, if it was in teh Record you would believe it? Regardless of the paper it's in, this is fucking bullshit
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6404|North Carolina

JohnG@lt wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

I grew up working class in a town where 1/4+ of the population was on Welfare/food stamps and living in government projects or subsidized housing. I sat and watched as my friends mom's taught their kids how to school the system and who was a cousin of whom and would hook them up etc. It's rampant.
How many of those people were actual social workers?
I think four of them, another two worked at the DMV.
Wow...  I mean...  I'm not really that surprised but...

You should rat them out... 
ruisleipa
+149|6221|teh FIN-land

CammRobb wrote:

Oh come on, if it was in teh Record you would believe it? Regardless of the paper it's in, this is fucking bullshit
No you've got it wrong: because of the paper it's in it probably is bullshit.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6105|eXtreme to the maX

ruisleipa wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

ruisleipa wrote:

baseless statments tbh.
Bollocks, I did live in the UK for a while, some of it sober, and did know many people on various forms of assistance.
some of it sober lol

many people? how many? ten? twenty? out of how many millions? doesn't make it common. far from it.

various kinds of assistance? like what, disability, family credit, unemployment, what? Much (most?) of it deserved I guess? Or were they all skiving bastards too?

you said it was 'not uncommon' for 16 year olds to get pregnant to get a flat. If it's not uncommon, it's common yeah? Like, a lot of 16 year olds getting pregnant to get housing. That IS bollocks. A Daily Mail headline to be sure. Unless you can prove it somehow, which I doubt, sorry
Yeah whatever, I lived there 30 odd years, pretty sure you didn't.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
ruisleipa
+149|6221|teh FIN-land

Dilbert_X wrote:

Yeah whatever, I lived there 30 odd years, pretty sure you didn't.
lol so the response to me calling you out is 'yeah whatever'. Hmmm. Not even like you were giving your subjective opinion but statements based on 'facts' - which you can't provide. You obviously aren't very confident in your own statements; unsurprisingly since in this particular case you're talking rubbish.

You lived there 30 odd years? congrats. I lived in the UK for the first 22 years of my life. Is that enough for you?

So give some proof or stfu with your Daily Mail statements, k?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6105|eXtreme to the maX
It was my subjective opinion based on people I've know and still know who have been in and out of welfare, and from 20 years of reading local and national papers.

eg My ex-gf, there are limits on how much cash you can have before your welfare gets cut. She was told to take her money from her current acct and park it somewhere else to maximise her benefit, the DSS agreed to turn a blind eye until she's figured it out.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard