ruisleipa
+149|6222|teh FIN-land

androoz wrote:

Thousands of innocent Americans killed by messed up Muslims.
yeah and many other nationalities. not only americans ffs.
henno13
A generally unremarkable member
+230|6349|Belfast
I remember being in them two weeks before. I was 7 years old, and I rememeber looking down on the yellow taxis and thinking that they were yellow ants

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6601|132 and Bush

Mekstizzle wrote:

It took so long to just get abit of the new building rising above the ground. So stupid. America froze itself after 9/11. Refused to rebuild the site and instead it was and arguably still is a gaping whole in lower Manhattan. Really fucking lame. NYC doesn't even want to try people responsible for it because they're scared shitless.

Yeah, real solidarity and bravery right there, bro.
wow man.. simply wow. Nobody wants to make the people responsible pay more than New Yorkers.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5358|London, England

Kmarion wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

It took so long to just get abit of the new building rising above the ground. So stupid. America froze itself after 9/11. Refused to rebuild the site and instead it was and arguably still is a gaping whole in lower Manhattan. Really fucking lame. NYC doesn't even want to try people responsible for it because they're scared shitless.

wow man.. simply wow. Nobody wants to make the people responsible pay more than New Yorkers.
Some New Yorkers. It's been almost ten years man. Peoples memories are short.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6405|North Carolina

DBBrinson1 wrote:

kn0ckahh wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

1. Cleanup wasn't overnight
2. There was discussion as to which plans to use to rebuild.  In case you didn't know plans and such of buildings of that magnitude are't merely shit out.  Once concensus was reached, the engineers and architects could go to work.
3. I guess if invading Afganistan is America freezing itself then yea, you're right.
4. Lame is killing thousands of civilians.
5. Trying these assholes is pointless.  They aren't US citizens.  They aren't afforded the same rights as I am.  Fuck em.

Furthermore, any type of trial in NYC would be an enormous waste of money from a logistical standpoint.  A military tribunal on a base would be much more feesable and safer.

I guees the UK rebuilt overnight after each air raid during WWII though so....
I think he means the total lockdown at the airports the security is insane and " freeedooommmm"  is hard to find because the government used terrorism as an excuse to burn the bill of rights. Bush stole Hitler's idea's like the gestapo and to use fear as a weapon. Your FBI and other government organisations can do as they please if they just put it under the file terrorism. People are scared shitless for a phenomena that yearly causes 0,001% of the deaths in america. Yes 9/11 was a big blow in the face but I think the danger and the means to repel it are way out of proportion.
Really didn't take that from his post at all.  I think he meant what he posted.

Airport security is sadly a necessity in today's world.  The big O got burned but was lucky when he let "screening" relax.  The government hasn't burned the Bill of Rights.  Bush did not fear monger, lest you call defending your own country hitleresque.  Actually, it is pretty lame to compare Bush to hitler anyways.  People aren't scared shitless.  I disagree with the means to repel it being out of proportion.  US has to be on its game and right 100% of the time.  The assholes that perpetuated 9-11 only have to get it right once.
Bush certainly did fearmonger, although comparing it to Hitler's actions is pretty ridiculous.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6601|132 and Bush

JohnG@lt wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

Some New Yorkers. It's been almost ten years man. Peoples memories are short.
Even shorter are the people not living in and around new york.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6621|London, England
Jesus, get the fuck over it. The only people who should be crying still are those who were personally affected by it, or actually was present in that vicinity whilst it all happened. Otherwise it just becomes too much to still be all crying eagle over 9/11. Maybe it's just different attitudes regarding over here and over there.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6601|132 and Bush

Mekstizzle wrote:

Jesus, get the fuck over it. The only people who should be crying still are those who were personally affected by it, or actually was present in that vicinity whilst it all happened. Otherwise it just becomes too much to still be all crying eagle over 9/11. Maybe it's just different attitudes regarding over here and over there.
You're the only person I see crying here. Take some of your own advice and "get the fuck over it". Seriously, like out of this thread. It can't be healthy for you.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6621|London, England
No I don't think I should. When you get people talking about recovering from strategic bombing as a comparison to recovery over 9/11 you gotta think what the fuck is this shit.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6601|132 and Bush

When I hear someone suggest to another person how they should or shouldn't be feeling I think what the fuck is this shit.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Turquoise
O Canada

Mekstizzle wrote:

I know what you mean.  When people unconnected to 9/11 get all patriotic and teary-eyed, I wonder if they consider the fact that 9/11's occurrence shouldn't be something to invoke national pride from, since the government clearly failed its people on that day.

However, taking pride in the people who actively risked their lives during and after the attack (like the police and firemen in the WTC area) is understandable and warranted.

More than anything, the government's actions after 9/11 should be a reminder that it becomes all too easy to put too much faith in government when tragedy/terror occurs.  Fear is a very powerful emotion, and paranoia can quickly become a neurosis for some people.

Last edited by Turquoise (2010-02-11 16:10:40)

13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6498

i went to ground zero in April 2008. the feelings were still there, 7 1/2 years later. there have been times since, like going through the pictures of that trip, where it kinda came back again. Until this thread was started, when it hit again like a hammer . . . that day i knew life in America had changed, and was afraid for the world at large. to this day, i'm surprised we are only occupying two countries, and that the death toll hasn't been higher.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6601|132 and Bush

I don't know personally of one American that still cries over 9/11. Do we pause and reflect at times when it is mentioned (or pictures like in the OP surface)? Yes. Does that mean we are emotionally out of control? No. Speaking of getting a grip, living in fear of what the US might do. How many times since 9/11 did we hear that the US was invading Iran on __ date?
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6601|132 and Bush

Turquoise wrote:

More than anything, the government's actions after 9/11 should be a reminder that it becomes all too easy to put too much faith in government when tragedy/terror occurs.
or healthcare! Zing!
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Yellowman03
Once Again, We Meet at Last
+108|6235|Texas

BN wrote:

FEOS wrote:

BN wrote:

Just get your hands on the 9/11 report and read the parts about the forewarning. Oh, you won't see those because "the Commission refused to hear, ignored, or censored testimony about the many pre-September 11 warnings given to the FBI and US intelligence agencies."

http://www.nswbc.org/Press%20Releases/NSWBC-911Comm.htm
It's very easy to see things clearly when you know exactly what you're looking for.

Or, more succinctly, "hindsight is 20/20".
Just shows how inept that administration was.
If a 5 year old came up to you and said he was going to kill you with his bare hands, what would you say? Would you take him seriously? It's about the same thing.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5358|London, England

burnzz wrote:

i went to ground zero in April 2008. the feelings were still there, 7 1/2 years later. there have been times since, like going through the pictures of that trip, where it kinda came back again. Until this thread was started, when it hit again like a hammer . . . that day i knew life in America had changed, and was afraid for the world at large. to this day, i'm surprised we are only occupying two countries, and that the death toll hasn't been higher.
I can't be the only one that is sick and tired of the entire day of september the 11th being devoted to reading 3000+ names on every single television channel.

They certainly aren't reading the names of my brothers and sisters in arms that laid down their lives afterwards. Fuck them.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6601|132 and Bush

JohnG@lt wrote:

burnzz wrote:

I can't be the only one that is sick and tired of the entire day of september the 11th being devoted to reading 3000+ names on every single television channel.

They certainly aren't reading the names of my brothers and sisters in arms that laid down their lives afterwards. Fuck them.
Every news channel maybe.. actually I dont even think that. I remember them going back and forth last time from covering it. And that is only because it was Barry's first time as president (anniversary).

Obama wrote:

Every year on this day, we are all New Yorkers
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Turquoise
O Canada

Kmarion wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

More than anything, the government's actions after 9/11 should be a reminder that it becomes all too easy to put too much faith in government when tragedy/terror occurs.
or healthcare! Zing!
I would argue that the tragedy involved there is the private system itself.  When there is no alternative to the market, the government is the only place to turn.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6601|132 and Bush

I know you would..lol. I would argue the fed itself is a tragedy.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6498

JohnG@lt wrote:

what i saw that April day? yeah Galt maybe we outside the city aren't overexposed, but standing at the fence of a hole in the ground on the south side of Manhattan, i respectfully made way for others visiting the site.

Turquoise
O Canada

Kmarion wrote:

I know you would..lol. I would argue the fed itself is a tragedy.
I actually agree to an extent, which is why I have my own doubts as to a socialized healthcare system working here.

It could possibly be that the American government is just too corrupt to do much other than run the military.  If that's the case, that's probably the best reason to leave this place.
CammRobb
Banned
+1,510|6130|Carnoustie MASSIF
I can see where Mek is coming from, we had the 7/7 bombings in London, but we've gotten over that, much better than you have 9/11. Yes the death toll was higher following 9/11, but the principle is the same. The British media and government reacted differently.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6601|132 and Bush

CammRobb wrote:

I can see where Mek is coming from, we had the 7/7 bombings in London, but we've gotten over that, much better than you have 9/11. Yes the death toll was higher following 9/11, but the principle is the same. The British media and government reacted differently.
Or I dunno, maybe the shit gets lost in translation over the pond. They aren't going to report on the 309,999,999 Americans who just go about there day every September 11th. What kind of story is that? I thought you guys were smarter than it's on tv so that must be it.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
JahManRed
wank
+646|6628|IRELAND

ATG wrote:

Wow.

I still want whoever did it crucified.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldne … -News.html
The people who wrote US foreign policy in the 60s?
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6716

JahManRed wrote:

ATG wrote:

Wow.

I still want whoever did it crucified.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldne … -News.html
The people who wrote US foreign policy in the 60s?
Osama would still be fighting the Russians if they were still powerful. Hell after the collapse of one enemy Osama just found another coz OMG AMERICANS BE IN MAH HOLY LAND EVEN THOUGH MY GOVERNMENT ASKED THEM TO COME. Don't just blame the Americans, even the Saudis called Osama a nut job and kicked him out.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard