ATG wrote:

Wow.

I still want whoever did it crucified.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldne … -News.html
america is your answer
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5693|College Park, MD
I remember watching that on TV. Not live; I was probably in the library or outside or something at the time. I still remember people saying the towers had collapsed, and how I thought it was just rumor and hearsay.

Chilling photos though. Made my eyes well up remembering that day.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
SplinterStrike
Roamer
+250|6402|Eskimo land. AKA Canada.

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Chilling photos though. Made my eyes well up remembering that day.
I was only 13 when it happened, still remember it clear as day. Was glued to CNN, trying to figure out how it could have happened.
BVC
+325|6687
I'm willing to bet the US military will stick some sort of anti-air weaponry on top of, or near the new tower.
BN
smells like wee wee
+159|6759

ATG wrote:

Wow.

Just get your hands on the 9/11 report and read the parts about the forewarning. Oh, you won't see those because "the Commission refused to hear, ignored, or censored testimony about the many pre-September 11 warnings given to the FBI and US intelligence agencies."

http://www.nswbc.org/Press%20Releases/NSWBC-911Comm.htm
mcgid1
Meh...
+129|6708|Austin, TX/San Antonio, TX
Good find.  The pictures were interesting and moving.  It was also kind of strange to realize that these are probably the only aerial photos documenting the fall of the towers since all air traffic would have been grounded or on the way to the ground by the time the towers fell.

Also, I really had to /facepalm at the comments section.  I really hope these images don't bring the conspiracy theorists back out in large numbers again.

Last edited by mcgid1 (2010-02-10 21:55:25)

S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6510|Montucky
9/11 is my girlfriends birthday.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6801|Nårvei

S3v3N wrote:

9/11 is my girlfriends birthday.
I'm your girlfriend?

Wait behind the line ..............................................................
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6402|'Murka

BN wrote:

ATG wrote:

Wow.

Just get your hands on the 9/11 report and read the parts about the forewarning. Oh, you won't see those because "the Commission refused to hear, ignored, or censored testimony about the many pre-September 11 warnings given to the FBI and US intelligence agencies."

It's very easy to see things clearly when you know exactly what you're looking for.

Or, more succinctly, "hindsight is 20/20".
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5228|Cleveland, Ohio

FEOS wrote:

BN wrote:

ATG wrote:

Wow.

It's very easy to see things clearly when you know exactly what you're looking for.

revisionist historians are always right....
BN
smells like wee wee
+159|6759

FEOS wrote:

BN wrote:

ATG wrote:

Wow.

Just shows how inept that administration was.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6612|London, England
It took so long to just get abit of the new building rising above the ground. So stupid. America froze itself after 9/11. Refused to rebuild the site and instead it was and arguably still is a gaping whole in lower Manhattan. Really fucking lame. NYC doesn't even want to try people responsible for it because they're scared shitless.

Yeah, real solidarity and bravery right there, bro.
13rin
+977|6470

Mekstizzle wrote:

It took so long to just get abit of the new building rising above the ground. So stupid. America froze itself after 9/11. Refused to rebuild the site and instead it was and arguably still is a gaping whole in lower Manhattan. Really fucking lame. NYC doesn't even want to try people responsible for it because they're scared shitless.

1. Cleanup wasn't overnight
2. There was discussion as to which plans to use to rebuild.  In case you didn't know plans and such of buildings of that magnitude are't merely shit out.  Once concensus was reached, the engineers and architects could go to work.
3. I guess if invading Afganistan is America freezing itself then yea, you're right.
4. Lame is killing thousands of civilians.
5. Trying these assholes is pointless.  They aren't US citizens.  They aren't afforded the same rights as I am.  Fuck em.

Furthermore, any type of trial in NYC would be an enormous waste of money from a logistical standpoint.  A military tribunal on a base would be much more feesable and safer.

I guees the UK rebuilt overnight after each air raid during WWII though so....
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
kn0ckahh
+98|6730|netherlands, sweet lake city

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

2. There was discussion as to which plans to use to rebuild.  In case you didn't know plans and such of buildings of that magnitude are't merely shit out.  Once concensus was reached, the engineers and architects could go to work.
3. I guess if invading Afganistan is America freezing itself then yea, you're right.
5. Trying these assholes is pointless.  They aren't US citizens.  They aren't afforded the same rights as I am.  Fuck em.

Furthermore, any type of trial in NYC would be an enormous waste of money from a logistical standpoint.  A military tribunal on a base would be much more feesable and safer.

I think he means the total lockdown at the airports the security is insane and " freeedooommmm"  is hard to find because the government used terrorism as an excuse to burn the bill of rights. Bush stole Hitler's idea's like the gestapo and to use fear as a weapon. Your FBI and other government organisations can do as they please if they just put it under the file terrorism. People are scared shitless for a phenomena that yearly causes 0,001% of the deaths in america. Yes 9/11 was a big blow in the face but I think the danger and the means to repel it are way out of proportion.
13rin
+977|6470

kn0ckahh wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

I think he means the total lockdown at the airports the security is insane and " freeedooommmm"  is hard to find because the government used terrorism as an excuse to burn the bill of rights. Bush stole Hitler's idea's like the gestapo and to use fear as a weapon. Your FBI and other government organisations can do as they please if they just put it under the file terrorism. People are scared shitless for a phenomena that yearly causes 0,001% of the deaths in america. Yes 9/11 was a big blow in the face but I think the danger and the means to repel it are way out of proportion.
Really didn't take that from his post at all.  I think he meant what he posted.

Airport security is sadly a necessity in today's world.  The big O got burned but was lucky when he let "screening" relax.  The government hasn't burned the Bill of Rights.  Bush did not fear monger, lest you call defending your own country hitleresque.  Actually, it is pretty lame to compare Bush to hitler anyways.  People aren't scared shitless.  I disagree with the means to repel it being out of proportion.  US has to be on its game and right 100% of the time.  The assholes that perpetuated 9-11 only have to get it right once.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6612|London, England

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

8-9 years before anything rose out of the ground. Alot of people are annoyed about that. You guys failed miserably regarding the whole WTC site/ground zero. Can't get over 9/11, this topic even proves it. The US did freeze. As usual it turned to its military whilst the civilian aspect was and is still in fear. The government clearly wants it like that. That's how I see it.

That idea has also infiltrated our government. Before 9/11 Terrorism was no stranger to the UK by a long shot. Yet it was 9/11 that started this whole "use fear for personal gain" over here, because the government decided to imitate the US government for some reason regarding terrorism.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6214|Escea

I remember seeing a program about the attacks, made from different footage from different spots throughout the morning. One bit came from that redbrick building in the bottom right, next to the bridge.
HudsonFalcon
+20|5923|New York
Very moving pictures and highly detailed.  It's hard to believe 9/11 happened almost 9 years ago.

I think the attacks of 9/11 were a watershed moment for our country and possibly the entire civilized world.  It showed us that terrorism can be very organized and conducted on a large scale in a supposedly secure country. 

It was a very scary time for our country but I think the fear quickly turned to anger and thoughts of vengeance rather than locking our country into a perpetual state of paralyzing fear.  However, when it was time to act upon those thoughts of revenge I think Bush misdirected our military might toward Iraq rather than Afghanistan where the threat had originated.  It was this missed opportunity of swiftly capturing or killing Bin Laden that further made 9/11 a success for them and a failure on many levels for us.  Basically Bush has his opportunity to be a great leader during a time of crisis but he blew it.

The thought of still having nothing built at ground zero I don't really see as a failure but more of a red tape issue.  Clearly it's hollowed ground such is Pearl Harbor which is why they want to get it right the first time by building not only a memorial to those people that died that morning but also a towering beacon of freedom.  Personally I would rebuild the towers exactly the same as they were but that's just me.
Ioan92
+337|5714
Not this shit again..
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5577

Ioan92 wrote:

Not this shit again..
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5349|London, England

Macbeth wrote:

Ioan92 wrote:

Not this shit again..
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6529|Long Island, New York
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f1/Freedomtowerdecember.jpg

It's coming along nicely. Won't be done until atleast 2013 though.
androoz
Banned
+137|5204|United States
Thousands of innocent Americans killed by messed up Muslims.

RIP.
mikkel
+383|6593
Thanks, NYPD, for keeping the fear alive and well in the hearts and minds of idiots everywhere. It seems that whenever the "oh my god terrorists" culture of fear instigated by manipulative organisations and individual wanes, something like this comes along. It's sickening.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard