_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6709|Riva, MD
It is incredibly hard to maintain a pace in life when it feels like nobody is on your side.  I'm having doubts about being able to do this job I'm interviewing for because of how much trouble I have staying up that late and my mom just instantly assumed when I brought the issue up that it was me backing out so I could sit in my room for another 6 months doing nothing and she got scared and started basically telling me how I had to do it no matter what and not really sympathisizing wih my situation.  It's like she doesn't care what happens as long as her pet retard is one step closer to being out of her house

I was trying not to lose my shit about this job and what it requires of me but I just lost a lot of confidence about being able to cope with it knowing she doesn't genuinely care how I feel about it as long as I do it.  I don't need this tough love bullshit, I need support
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6683|Devon, England
Well, fuck her and her opinions.

Staying up isn't as hard as you think it might be, you just gotta shift your sleeping pattern. Bring the energy drinks/coffee, ask if you can listen to music or whatever.

Just disregard everything that's trying to bring you down and keep it up. It gets easier
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5350|London, England

_j5689_ wrote:

It is incredibly hard to maintain a pace in life when it feels like nobody is on your side.  I'm having doubts about being able to do this job I'm interviewing for because of how much trouble I have staying up that late and my mom just instantly assumed when I brought the issue up that it was me backing out so I could sit in my room for another 6 months doing nothing and she got scared and started basically telling me how I had to do it no matter what and not really sympathisizing wih my situation.  It's like she doesn't care what happens as long as her pet retard is one step closer to being out of her house

I was trying not to lose my shit about this job and what it requires of me but I just lost a lot of confidence about being able to cope with it knowing she doesn't genuinely care how I feel about it as long as I do it.  I don't need this tough love bullshit, I need support
It only takes like three days to adjust your sleep schedule. It's no different from jet lag.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4246
relax dude. it is not a big deal. many people manage it and do not think twice about it. it's not tough love, it's people wanting to stand back and watch you grow and have a little bit of confidence. it'll be good for you. give it 2 weeks.
bennisboy
+829|6638|Poundland
Hahaha pet retard. That made me lol.

Anyhow, it's easier to get a job when you have a job. Do this for a while, see how you get on with it. If you still hate it, you'll be able to find another one easier
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6615|Little Bentcock
plus think of all the hot pussy you'll get when you're rolling in the benjamins
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6709|Riva, MD
Thanks guys, feeling a lot better now.  My mom also apologized for misunderstanding what I was saying.

I think it's just the pre-interview anxiety that's making me freak out.  The lady scheduling the interviews(the lab manager from what I can tell) seems very nice in the e-mails so I'm hoping it won't be too uptight of an environment or of an interview.  Plus this position and two others just like it have been open for a whole month so they probably really need somebody for the position.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4246
just remember, they have to seem professional and objective, but they're real people. they're not robots. it may be an intimidating interview process, and everything is very formal... but just think of it as people playing an elaborate game. the workplace is mostly just a social game. think of it like that, if you will. it's everyone putting on their 'business' or 'professional' faces. they all take shits and they all fart whilst watching bad television on weekends.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6709|Riva, MD
I can't sleep, everything just feels so weird.  So much has changed at once between finally working, adjusting to waking up at the end of the day and going home in the mornings, and the whole house just feels way different without the dog.  I looked at his basket of toys next to the fireplace and the couch where we've always kept them and I completely lost it almost instantly, I think I just kind of closed myself off to that whole thing as it happened and now it's all slowly leaking out as time passes afterwards.  Nothing feels right anymore, I just want my life to feel stable again.  My house doesn't feel like home, I can't distract myself with anything I like, I hardly feel like eating, I wake up extremely sad almost every day and when I'm driving home.  I have so much going on and so many different emotions that seemingly change by the minute.

I guess everything will stabilize again eventually as I get used to it all but dammit if this hasn't been one of the most turbulent months I've ever had

Last edited by _j5689_ (2013-06-03 02:51:55)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

You aren't working long enough and apparently need an involved hobby if you're rattling around with no idea what to do.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4246

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

You aren't working long enough and apparently need an involved hobby if you're rattling around with no idea what to do.
what? it's a good thing if you have a decent amount of spare time on top of working. you work to live, not live to work. what he needs is a hobby or an interest.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6316|Graz, Austria

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

they're real people. they're not robots.
The human to robot ratio in our lab is 8:3.
But our robots don't write emails.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4246

globefish23 wrote:

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

they're real people. they're not robots.
The human to robot ratio in our lab is 8:3.
But our robots don't write emails.
do the robots conduct the job interviews? no. okay then.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6098|eXtreme to the maX
https://i.imgur.com/rrcmXD6.png
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard