I'm a MOO MOO STARRR!!1
+17|6748|Switzerland (Im not swiss tho)
BC's? whats that? laser corrected eyes?
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6766

-]Eucalyptus[- wrote:

BC's? whats that? laser corrected eyes?
It is a term for the glasses you were issued.  They were so ugly and thick they called them "birth control" glasses because if you wore them you would never get laid.  Now I beleive you can wear some better ones, but I am not 100% sure.
WildBlueYonder
+0|6743|New Brunswick Canada

usmarine2005 wrote:

-]Eucalyptus[- wrote:

sgt_mango333 wrote:

Second, make sure you're in tip top shape.  I couldn't even go aircrew because of limitations I have with depth perception.  If you have anything less that 20/20, you ain't flying jets.  You'll be lucky to fly helos.
Whaaaaaaat
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo there goes my dream...

I have bad eyes, I thought I could pilot with contacts.... *sniff*....

Ok lets move onto other dreams: How do delta force recruit?
Correctable 20/20 i beleive.
I'm Canadian so it might be different, it can only be correctable if you were already a military pilot, (they don't need to pay for your training again). I just applied (and failed unfortunately) couldn't even have the surgery (they check) for the record i have 20/20 uncorrected, passed the aptitude test, physical, medical, got into the military college, but failed the second medical (flat feet)
-]Eucalyptus[-
I'm a MOO MOO STARRR!!1
+17|6748|Switzerland (Im not swiss tho)
flat feet?
Ashford
+2|6654

CrazyCobra wrote:

F-18 super hornets and F-14b Tomcats..... but tomcats are being decommissioned
   Air force DOES NOT fly off of carriers... and the Navy has more fighter aircraft than the Air Force
Are you fucking retared tomcats are not decommissioned there the only aircraft that can shoot 6 phoenix missles and get 5 out of 6 kills. They will never go out of commission. They will just keep upgrading them
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6766

Coorect me if I am wrong, which I am sure I am, but is the Navy planning on getting a version of the JSF?  Because if they are, I beleive this would phase out the tomcat.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6721|Riva, MD
Perhaps you haven't looked at the Blackhawk, which says Navy in that area.
BigDaddy83
+1|6719

Ashford wrote:

CrazyCobra wrote:

F-18 super hornets and F-14b Tomcats..... but tomcats are being decommissioned
   Air force DOES NOT fly off of carriers... and the Navy has more fighter aircraft than the Air Force
Are you fucking retared tomcats are not decommissioned there the only aircraft that can shoot 6 phoenix missles and get 5 out of 6 kills. They will never go out of commission. They will just keep upgrading them
The Navy IS phasing out the F-14.  They have relocated, decommissioned, or switched the airframe of all squadrons off of carriers and foward areas to Viriginia, except for one.

In FY96, all active duty F-14 squadrons, except Fighter Squadron (VF)-154, were relocated to Naval Air Station (NAS) Oceana, Virginia. VF-154 will remain at NAS Atsugi, Japan, through FY03. The Reserve F-14A squadron, VF-201, was located at the Joint Reserve Base Fort Worth, Texas and transitioned to F/A-18 Aircraft in FY99.
source

But more importantly:

The original design airframe life for the F-14 was 6,000 hours, but was later extended to 7,200 hours. The Navy intends to retire the F-14A force by 2003-4, F-14B by 2007, and the F-14D by 2008.
source
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6766

Owned
Dungheap
+0|6719
The F-14 was featured in a USA Today news article this week - [url=http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2006-02-16-navy-tomcat_x.htm]Navy's F-14 fighter jet flies its final mission[/url]

USA Today wrote:

The Navy announced Thursday that the last F-14 combat mission was completed Feb. 8, when a pair of Tomcats landed aboard the USS Theodore Roosevelt after one dropped a bomb in Iraq.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard