Poll

Should using the Anti-Tank kit on Inf Only servers be frowned upon?

Yes:The Eryx and Sraw should be used only against armor6%6% - 5
No: They are just another kind of explosive85%85% - 67
The kit should only use the DAO12 and Standart SMG1%1% - 1
They can be used but it is frowned upon6%6% - 5
Total: 78
Sindroms
+4|5207
It has been brought up a few times on a few servers that people, who utilise the Eryx and Sraw on inf only servers are exploiting the kit for having a guided explosive.

Well, obviously you are a killer at close range with the DAO12 and on maps like Karkand the AT kit is quite useful, but at long range you should stick around with a squad and let them take care of those, right?

Wrong?

You have a guided missile, take up a high ground like a building or a hill and start missiling the poor peeps hiding behind corners. But many people start whining a lot about this. You wouldn't use a Javelin against infantry as it would be a waste of resources and not to mention you are misusing a tactical game weapon and making the event feel more like Unreal Tournament.

But what is YOUR stance on this? Should AT using on infantry servers be allowed, is it frowned upon?
CanadianLoser
Meow :3 :3
+1,148|6507
"if u dun liek it get ouf og kchn"

It's in the game, use it how you like.  tbh it's less noob than whoring most other kits
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5584

It's a skill.
Sindroms
+4|5207
Well, obviously the first post more or less covers my opinion of this. However I've noticed a lot of people do not share the same views upon this.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6680|Disaster Free Zone
They can use whatever they want.

I personally don't use it in IO because there are so many better suited kits. But I have no problem using the SRAW against infantry in normal games.

Last edited by DrunkFace (2010-02-07 23:28:49)

Delusion
AK Hero
+26|5771|Greece / Rhodos

Sindroms wrote:

people, who utilise the Eryx and Sraw on inf only servers are exploiting the kit for having a guided explosive.
i really hope your not serious about this
how are they exploiting it? its just another kit in the game and everyone can use it as they want
and besides that it takes alot of skill to make long ranged shots with it
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6842|Reykjavík, Iceland.
Who cares, it's IO, and I don't play IO.
tuckergustav
+1,590|5912|...

I like to snipe with it sometimes.
SplinterStrike
Roamer
+250|6410|Eskimo land. AKA Canada.
Best anti medic weapon ever.
TaaZ
+5|5193
It's there, mine aswell use it .. It might be a cheap kill but it's a kill.
Axatar
+29|6461|France
BF2 is not realistic and never was meant to be.
Use what weapon you want and screw the medics(i guess).
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6467
Inf only servers should be frowned upon.
Perv3rt
Lookin' through your Window
+193|6239|Man Diego

SplinterStrike wrote:

SplinterStrike
Roamer

Perv3rt wrote:

SplinterStrike wrote:

Gotta love those prone diving revive-omatic medics Especially when two or more go for the same guy
Perv3rt
Lookin' through your Window
+193|6239|Man Diego

SplinterStrike wrote:

Perv3rt wrote:

SplinterStrike wrote:

Gotta love those prone diving revive-omatic medics Especially when two or more go for the same guy
Only thing better is killing someone & putting C4 on their body.  This works really well in the Palace on Warlord.

On topic- I only use the AT on IO when no one else on my team is playing medic (yes, I understand my backwards logic kthanx).  If I can't get a revive, then I am just going to have fun making sure the other team can't revive the guys I kill
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6323|Graz, Austria

Perv3rt wrote:

On topic- I only use the AT on IO when no one else on my team is playing medic (yes, I understand my backwards logic kthanx).  If I can't get a revive, then I am just going to have fun making sure the other team can't revive the guys I kill
That's actually very good thinking there.
Balance of power.
Sup3r_Dr4gon
Boat sig is not there anymore
+214|6326|Australia
The people who cry about AT being used against infantry do so because it interferes with their playstyle - see enemy, prone, ADS, shoot, revive anyone shot/be revived. This tactic works against others with rifles, but its becomes an excellent way to be raped beyond the realm of revivability when against an AT soldier.

Its just people who cannot adapt when an opponent does something out of the ordinary.
>rush.Durex
Banned
+38|5204
level of n00b in this thread is unreal.

I mean...

How long has BF2 been out, 4 years? And you are discussing this now? When it's blatantly obvious that the medic/assault kits are the preferred and overpowered kits whilst playing IO.

I'm not even gonna get into this.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5787|Catherine Black

TaaZ wrote:

It's not a cheap kill, the fatal blast radius is about a foot, it's actually quite hard to kill someone with one shot.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
aimless
+166|6124|Texas
Stop crying about how other people play the game.
SplinterStrike
Roamer

Finray wrote:

TaaZ wrote:

It's not a cheap kill, the fatal blast radius is about a foot, it's actually quite hard to kill someone with one shot.
More like getting multiple people is hard. One is easy, just go BOOM BODYSHOT
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6380|the land of bourbon

>rush.Durex wrote:

level of n00b in this thread is unreal.

I mean...

How long has BF2 been out, 4 years? And you are discussing this now? When it's blatantly obvious that the medic/assault kits are the preferred and overpowered kits whilst playing IO.

I'm not even gonna get into this.
i <3 all the irony in this post. n1 irish i lol'd
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
UK|Hooligan
Seriously, fuck off.
+103|6687|"The Empire"
On Iron Gator your frowned upon for been a medic and retarded if you dont use AT kit.
lxcpikiman
imbad @ bf2
+70|6594|Toronto-Canada
AT kit is the only one i use when i play IO
it's very useful when you dont want your enemies to get revived and its funny when a medic tries to revive someone and you kill them both while reviving
SplinterStrike
Roamer

UK|Hooligan wrote:

On Iron Gator your frowned upon for been a medic and retarded if you dont use AT kit.
Flight Deck+SRAW=fun

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard